How fast can you go in ksp, i think i broke the galaxy record too.

Dunas Only Moon

The only upper limit on KSP speed is when the number gets so large it causes software problems. The game does not take relativity into account and one could exceed the speed of light, though it would not be easy. Well, maybe easy with cheats. 

3 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

The only upper limit on KSP speed is when the number gets so large it causes software problems. The game does not take relativity into account and one could exceed the speed of light, though it would not be easy. Well, maybe easy with cheats. 

Or easy with the kraken

There’s a really really old thread around here somewhere where a user enabled unlimited fuel, launched a smallish rocket using the biggest engine at the time, and then just kept burning.  

For three months or so.

Real time.   

They just left the computer and KSP running for that long.     I forget what speed they reached, but it was quite high.  

I managed to get my surface velocity around a planet to literally read "infinity". I think the highest I saw it read was it was literally two lines of numbers, or was it one or two numbers in a third line? idk... anyways the infinite land speed was by editing the rotation period of a planet to be an incredibly low value, and saw just how many lines the navball could read by itself, which was I think 8 or so lines.. but of course, TOUCHING the atmosphere resulted in an instant crash with infinite ground speed

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.