What did you do in KSP2 today?

Dman979

1 hour ago, Yskonyn said:

Yesterday I ended the session with reaching Mun, but unable to return.

Today I was able to do the round-trip! 

I   did the same, just to figure high atmospheric drag is now more violent than  I remembered  in february and in KSP one so my  lander desintegrated at 60 km.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Jormin Kerman, standing on the precipice of greatness in front of the Mun arch:

4sEQd0U.png

This is the first time I have ever seen the Mun arch.  Over 1000 hours in KSP1, I've never seen it until today.  I sincerely hope that KSP2 continues to have tracking of discoverables so we can actually find them without having to be lucky to do so.

2 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

This is the first time I have ever seen the Mun arch.  Over 1000 hours in KSP1, I've never seen it until today.  I sincerely hope that KSP2 continues to have tracking of discoverables so we can actually find them without having to be lucky to do so.

You are in luck then! I'm also a big fan of linking missions with discoverables. It's a lot of fun!

While at work, I quietly debated going straight to sandbox mode and then directly to Bop to complete my mission. 

But I really wanted to give exploration mode a try, and all my KSP1 circumnavigations have been in Career Mode. So I uninstalled the game and did a clean reinstall. This solved so many issues for me. I think I have really been playing hardmode and not realizing it. Anyway, cool game now, I like it. DId some Kerbin orbits and stuff.

I can't be the only person who's found this, right?

It was quite early on when I discovered this, and only now could I *remember* to get a photo of it.

I'm not sure if it's an easter egg, but...

Spoiler

img%5D

In the VAB, there's an engineer Kerbal! Just... chilling! Watching us build monstrosities down there!

In a lot of preview stuff, they've shown Kerbals wandering around the floor of the VAB, like in KSP1. It's clearly not in KSP2 yet, but then there's a Kerbal here. Just a single Kerbal.

Weird.

Alright. I did quite a bit today, but I'll stick to the non-discoverable expeditions to avoid spoilers. 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Say hello to the Duna Pelter 1 . Took this lovely ship to the planet of it's namesake and saw some 'stuff' there. Gathered a whole bunch of science and set up for the next planetary tick on the old KSP checklist.

After another launch of the Duna Pelter type rocket, and a rather unfortunate entry trajectory, I managed to make it to the Eve orbit and get some lovely science from the pretty purple jewel.

Then finished up by landing on Gilly and finding out I bonked my landing gear along the way and only one leg worked. Ah well, Gilly has forgiving gravity!

Lastly, took all the science transmitted and made a bigger, heavier rocket to send back to Duna's orbit so we could visit Ike.
Here's three kerbals wondering how they are going to get back home without that big tank of fuel they ejected before landing.

Edited by Xacktar

10 hours ago, Aeolica said:

Improved Laythe Hostel

As a currently struggling, hopefully temporarily out of work  CG Supervisor I feel compelled to comment. Fantastic work!! Pedimental sculpture work is great! Love to see some art injected into space exploration!!  :) :) 

14 hours ago, TwoCalories said:

In the VAB, there's an engineer Kerbal! Just... chilling! Watching us build monstrosities down there!

Most likely an easter egg. I think having a ton of kerbals scurrying around the floor of the VAB would cause a hit in performance, and if not, I'm sure we all know how often they end up clipped inside of each other or inside of your ship.

embed?resid=B12CEBAE0FB4A59D!5333&authke

I tried atmospheric survey over shore, 2 minutes of flight over the same biome is not always that easy =)

embed?resid=B12CEBAE0FB4A59D!5334&authke

Time for a break in the hills !

embed?resid=B12CEBAE0FB4A59D!5335&authke

Do we really need an helmet here ?

embed?resid=B12CEBAE0FB4A59D!5336&authke

Having a great time running after my rover ! Strangely, the breaks do not stay active once you get off the rover... Oh, and the grass is making a metal sound when you walk on it !

embed?resid=B12CEBAE0FB4A59D!5332&authke

Final destination for the rover.... Nice reflections underwater =D

On 12/21/2023 at 3:57 PM, Scarecrow71 said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Jormin Kerman, standing on the precipice of greatness in front of the Mun arch:

4sEQd0U.png

I would prefer if the game gave us CLUES and we coudl pin point it ourselves.  Missions markers are  , imho one of the wort mechanics ever invented in history of gaming.

4 hours ago, tstein said:

I would prefer if the game gave us CLUES and we coudl pin point it ourselves.  Missions markers are  , imho one of the wort mechanics ever invented in history of gaming.

And I disagree with you.  As I stated, I've got over 1000 hours in KSP1 and I have never seen the Mun Arch there.  Without the mission tracking, I would have never seen it here.

1 hour ago, Periple said:

I would prefer that they gave us scanning tools so we could find them. Combing every square km isn’t fun but getting magically signposted to them isn’t either!

It should give a general location. The object of interest would be within loading distance, but it could be anywhere in that circle.

Hi !

Today I started playing KSP2, I'm trying to do an Apollo mission to Mun.

I have two observations:

1) I still don't know how to transfer crew between vessels.
2) I have not been able to open the maneuver precision editor, it is as if the advanced maneuver editor did not exist. The maneuvers must be done with the pulse of a microsurgeon. :kiss:

And I have suffered from not having the docking port alignment indicator mod, although on CKAN I already see that someone kindly made one.

I will keep playing!