I made a website for sharing KSP 2 builds and just launched it into beta!

nyius

Hey everyone!

Over the past few weeks I've been putting together a website for uploading/saving/sharing your KSP 2 builds and I've finally got it to a place where I feel comfortable sharing it. It's currently still in beta so I'm hoping some of you lovely people can try uploading some of your builds and see what you think (hopefully not quite as buggy as the game currently is...) 

It's completely free to use and you can check it out here at  ksp builds , although it's going to look a little barren currently as it's only been me testing it out so far.

There are a few features I'll be adding such as te ability to create folders to organize your own builds, the ability to have your builds be public or private, and a way to quickshare your build without having to signup (like if you wanted to quickly send your craft to a friend). And as of right now the 'search bar' doesn't search the database yet, just the builds you're currently looking at, but that is being worked on as well so that you can search by name/tag/creator/etc

If you have any feedback/suggestions I'd love to hear them!

If this isn't right right forum to post this in mods just let me know. Fly safe!

2 hours ago, tg626 said:

Well, unlike KerbalX it scales nicely on mobile.

However, based on the slow loading time of images, you are scaling down full size images - needs thumbnails.

Yes that is a good call -  That is something that I had forgotten about. This will definitely get more problematic the more builds are stored on the website and loaded on the page. Currently working on saving a compressed version of each builds image now, thanks

Hello! Checked out your website and I like it.
I would also, as previously suggested, optimize the image loading. Did take a couple seconds for all the images to load.
Don't see a reason to include the right-side news / updates, but informative nonetheless.

Also wanted to possibly make a connection here.
Currently I'm in the works of also making a KSP2 resource website.
This will advertise KSP2 multiplayer game servers, including multiple variants of my own (stock, w/Mods, co-op?).

Here's the website "for now": www.KerbalServer.com
Placeholder for what is to-come 
:cool:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/23/2023 at 5:34 AM, Jster said:

Hi, really like the website. It is possible to reveal what frameworks or tech stacks you use to build it?

Hey, sorry for the late reply!

Built using React for the front end, with Firebase Firestore for the server and authentication, and firebase functions for a bit of back end functionality. Also using AWS S3 to store uploaded craft JSON because the JSON is too big to fit into a single firestore document

KSP builds on github if you want to check it out https://github.com/nyius/ksp-builds

On 5/5/2023 at 10:12 AM, Royalswissarmyknife said:

Great Site!

Hide contents

do wish you could have 4 Tags Though

Thanks! If 4 tags is what you desire, then 4 tags is what you will get ^-^ 3 tags was just an arbitrary number I chose but I can definitely increase it.

On 3/16/2023 at 11:13 PM, KerbalServer.com said:

Hello! Checked out your website and I like it.
I would also, as previously suggested, optimize the image loading. Did take a couple seconds for all the images to load.
Don't see a reason to include the right-side news / updates, but informative nonetheless.

Also wanted to possibly make a connection here.
Currently I'm in the works of also making a KSP2 resource website.
This will advertise KSP2 multiplayer game servers, including multiple variants of my own (stock, w/Mods, co-op?).

Here's the website "for now": www.KerbalServer.com
Placeholder for what is to-come 
:cool:

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the late reply! Yeah optimizations are on the way :)

But that's awesome, good look for your website! Let me know if you need anything - love connecting with other devs

• 9 months later...

This thread should also be in the craft exchange thread.

@Nyius

How can we post videos on KSP Builds?

I dont use youtube as a host.  All of the embed variants I have tried do not work on KSP Builds.  I can embed videos on this forum for example.   Thanks for the work and the assistance.

Edited by DaveLChgo

Thanks for the site. Are there KSP 1 ships in there or modded ships? Some of the ones I have "copied" don't seem to load and I can't paste them into anything. Just checking and thanks for the site.

depends on the game version and what parts you have available. If you want to test whether a particular build on the site will work, try  pasting it into a sandbox save.

If it still does not work then there are likely mods or incompatible version as the culprit