Craft boarding issue.

vianna77

So, when I get out of the ship, my kerbals can't return into it... as in, the B button won't work.

I'm not the only one with that problem.

So, are you guys using something else to make them get back into the ship?

18 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Question moved to its own thread. 

Does the B option appear and not work, or not appear at all? 

It appears, but hitting the B button won't do anything.

You can keep smashing B and nothing happens.

Jump and return to the entrance... the B will show up but it will not board. Even after reloading the game. Happened in 2 different capsules, 2 different saves.

43 minutes ago, vianna77 said:

It appears, but hitting the B button won't do anything.

You can keep smashing B and nothing happens.

Jump and return to the entrance... the B will show up but it will not board. Even after reloading the game. Happened in 2 different capsules, 2 different saves.

Have you been jumping and trying to time it?  Or are your Kerbals clinging to a ladder or the door when the option to press b is available? 

Ya i had the same issue. Was doing the week 4 mission (Apollo 11) when I redocked the ascend module to the capsule, i could exit but couldn't re board anyone. Landed both modules in the sea. 

I also had an issue where I couldn't even grab it. (I mashed "F" and was bound to my magnetic boots)

On 3/20/2023 at 11:25 AM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Have you been jumping and trying to time it?  Or are your Kerbals clinging to a ladder or the door when the option to press b is available? 

I go to the capsule, grab it, B shows up, I press B and it doesn't work.

I release the ladder/whatever I'm holding, fly for a few seconds and grab it again. Try to enter, no luck.

Edited by vianna77

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Michael Kerbolar said:

Same here, while Bob wanted to leave Dres. Both F and B appear, Bob is right in front of the hatch but pressing B does not work.

Can you post a picture of your craft's docking port? That could help in the diagnosis of the problem.

I've had this problem several times. And before I give an answer, I want to rule out a few things. :)