K2-D2

cfloutier

4 hours ago, cfloutier said:

Thanks a lot. ❤️

This message help a lot to keep the motivation. 

For the resize i've had bug in the ascent profile rendering using decimal zoom value. Thats why i've limited to x1,2,4. I'll try to fix it and propose a free zoom value. 

Fir the docking, i'll soon add back the tab without ar rendering. I'll fix this later. The pilot can work without of course. I mainly used thoses lines to debug.

That will be great for docking! As I need auto-dock but i don't need the AR...As AR just obstructs the view. Just add the docking back without the AR. I'm now in Jool as I need a Mothership-boat system to get the kerbals on its moons! Even for returning missions of Eve and Duna too! For one way trip, I don't need a mothership system, but for a return (especially with Kerbals), I need a mothership

Edited by kennyc222

On 12/23/2023 at 10:53 AM, pmoffitt said:

Yeah, I can't get Landing to work.  Just doesn't do anything.  Lift and Nodes work.  Trying to remember how to manually land on the Mun...

Same here. I have so many hours in KSP, that I lived and died by MechJeb. Picked up KSP2 because the new update. Still seriously flawed but better then the original release. Saw K2-D2 and looked like a decent replacement for MJJ to get me started again. Only thing I can't get to work is landing. It seems to do the descent okay, but never brakes and slams in to the surface to become one with the everlasting duct of the Mun!!  :D

Awesome mod, thank you so much! I do have an issue with the autostaging. It doesn't seem to work for my asparagus design. When the outermost tanks are empty nothing happens. I have to stage them manually. After the asparagus part is done, autostaging does perform correctly.

I have no  issue with the launching capabilities btw, really happy with that. :)

Thanks guys for report.

@jmbailey2000

The landing works quite well from my side and I hardly understand what's going on. if you've got savegame file before the crash it could help be to debug a case i've not met before. thanks in advance

@Rezania I've tested the asparagus with a way i'used to do it. But I could have missed something. if you've got a ship file. I could understand your special case. 

thansk in advance

On 12/23/2023 at 10:53 AM, pmoffitt said:

Yeah, I can't get Landing to work.  Just doesn't do anything.  Lift and Nodes work.  Trying to remember how to manually land on the Mun...

It needs to be on a collision course with terrain already, or at least it did the last time I tried it. (which was a while ago)

In other words, it doesn't do a deorbit burn. You have to do that yourself.

8 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

It needs to be on a collision course with terrain already, or at least it did the last time I tried it. (which was a while ago)

In other words, it doesn't do a deorbit burn. You have to do that yourself.

If they're making the same mistake I made they may be assuming that the "Brake" button is just for braking and the "Touch-Down !" button is for doing the full landing.

It seems to actually be the other way around. "Touch-Down !" is just for doing the final landing while "Brake" does braking and automatically switches to "Touch-Down !" mode at the end, so it's the button to use for a full automated landing.

28 minutes ago, Raabs said:

Hey guys, is there any way to get K2D2 to land in a specific spot, like for example at the KSC

Not yet, the way landing works for now is that you manually deorbit, and it will attempt to simply land somewhere near the impact location.

29 minutes ago, munix said:

Not yet, the way landing works for now is that you manually deorbit, and it will attempt to simply land somewhere near the impact location.

So is this something that is being developed at the moment, or are there no plans for this as of yet?

13 hours ago, Raabs said:

So is this something that is being developed at the moment, or are there no plans for this as of yet?

KSP2 is still pre-release isn't it?  So, everything is in testing and still being developed.  Specially when major updates come out.

On 12/29/2023 at 12:31 PM, Grigs1784 said:

If they're making the same mistake I made they may be assuming that the "Brake" button is just for braking and the "Touch-Down !" button is for doing the full landing.

It seems to actually be the other way around. "Touch-Down !" is just for doing the final landing while "Brake" does braking and automatically switches to "Touch-Down !" mode at the end, so it's the button to use for a full automated landing.

Ah. Thanks for that. It never even occurred to me to try "brake" as I assumed it had something to do with, well... brakes.  As in maybe for stopping a spaceplane on a runway.

6 hours ago, Alex76 said:

Please tell me. How to display the mod toolbar in the assembly shop? I can’t find how to enable this mod. A week ago everything worked. Installed via scan.

If you're trying to open the mod window in the VAB, that's impossible, since it only works in flight.

@rmaine : that's right the Brake button does the whole stuff :

• it waits for a good time to start the first brake and if the altitude is lower than what is set up in the settings it stats the touch down mode 
  • the touch down is the final phase it will adjust the speed depending on altitude. 

use the settings to adjust how the touch down is done. the safe mode will have a slow speed but will consume a lot of fuel. the dangerous mode is cheaper but... dangerous depending on the slope and so on. 

Edited by cfloutier

Anyway Happy New Year for all and here is a new version with many fixes and new corrections

v0.11.2
  • Correction of the Staging tool : working with asparagus models. (I hope)
  • Docking pilot is back without the A.R
  • Time Warp is now allowed during node burn execution. 
    K2D2 is just following the same rules as "Warp Before Node execution". A max time warp is computed and applied.
  • fixed an issue when switching to Space Center (errors in logs, thanks to @munix)
  • Warp Tabs has been removed (needed to be fixed)

Edited by cfloutier

4 hours ago, cfloutier said:

Anyway Happy New Year for all and here is a new version with many fixes and new corrections

v0.11.2
  • Correction of the Staging tool : working with asparagus models. (I hope)
  • Docking pilot is back without the A.R
  • Time Warp is now allowed during node burn execution. 
    K2D2 is just following the same rules as "Warp Before Node execution". A max time warp is computed and applied.
  • fixed an issue when switching to Space Center (errors in logs, thanks to @munix)
  • Warp Tabs has been removed (needed to be fixed)

Thanks so much! FInally docking is back! 

On 12/29/2023 at 3:31 PM, Grigs1784 said:

Okay so brake DOES do a de-orbit burn then?

I have several problems with the mod. I have the impression that there is a bug with the separation of the rocket stages. For example, the rocket stages automatically release when they are empty and when I release my capsule, the parachute automatically extends.
Is this a known problem?

1 hour ago, Llinqs said:

I have several problems with the mod. I have the impression that there is a bug with the separation of the rocket stages. For example, the rocket stages automatically release when they are empty and when I release my capsule, the parachute automatically extends.
Is this a known problem?

That sounds like you have autostaging on, rather than any problem. It's the little S button at the top of mod window.

5 hours ago, munix said:

That sounds like you have autostaging on, rather than any problem. It's the little S button at the top of mod window.

I had to click on it without knowing what this button is for, thank you  :)

Thanks a lot @Kimera Industries. I used to play KSP1 with mech jeb only. And I wanted those feature to be back again too. That motives me to write my own mod.

By the way I still working on this mod. The autostaging will be off by default for next versions. I've corrected the way autostaging works.
it's now only checking that there is, in the current stage, any empty tank. If one empty tank is found it will call the autostage. 

If any one is found it will autostage.  This can be hazardous in various situations.I've not tested it yet with empty batteries. Perhaps it could call the autostage by mistake. 
So be carefull to use it in caution knowing this simple rule. and please aware me if autostage is called and was not attended. 

I'm currently working on the Lift to have a more precise AP and to call FlightPlan to automatically add a Circularize node at the end of the lift pilot.