[0.4.1] (SORRY) Spaceplane and Orbit Reutilization and Recovery companY - SOUND! In space?

LuxStice

Мод классный мне понравился. По моей просьбе к розработчикам: сделайте мод для механики чтоб можно было повернуть детали, чтоб были детали для выдвижения и т.д.

Translation added by a member of the moderation team:

I liked the cool mod. At my request to the developers: make a mod for mechanics so that you can rotate the parts, so that there are parts for extension, etc.

Edited by adsii1970
Translation added by a member of the moderation team.

A look into the new parts!
PLUMES
from left to right - Kheap, Reiptor-12, Reiptor-12 Vac, BUH-4
mnVLrxF.png

Terran looking gridfins and tanks!

image.png

Some uses for the new Procedural Engine Covers!

image.png?width=496&height=676image.png?width=765&height=676

On 4/22/2023 at 10:24 AM, LuxStice said:

Obviously, probably wont be on this next update since its almost done, but I'll for sure add those, but maybe more Stock-a-like. Also the fins are already being worked on too ;) 

Looking at the dragcurve for them on the next update! thx for the feedback!

yay! will download when it comes out:D

Working on MK2 Vtol module (Methalox engines, might turn into a closed/open cycle) goals for this part are to:

• Allow players to land their spaceplanes in the correct orientation near their colonies
  • Have low thurst (but enough to hover+climb at low speeds)

cN7Sk45.png

Heavy RCS Block

• A high thrust methalox RCS block for your heavier rockets (tank in the images are 5m)
  • Uncolored version includes an "heatshielded" texture on the bottom
  • New VFX for RCS using LFO

IcxfxNQ.jpegiSpn0Cg.png

Kheap Vac being worked on

Zf3ibJE.png

Also i've been working on a B9 Part Switch for KSP2. SORRY will use this to have No Gimbaling but Higher Thurst engine variants and some other stuff.
This will be part of Patchouli's Library (soon) and will allow all modders to create their own variants of any part that exists in game (modded or not)

image.png

11 hours ago, Falcon Aerospace said:

The KSP devs teased this:

yup xD pretty similar to mine, but mine are also based on real fins. Im glad that they are finally bringing fins to the stock game! i'll probably re-adapt mine so that they dont overlap with the game's fins once they release!

Got the game's Drag Cube Generator working, so gridfin's drag model (and all other parts) will now have an accurate drag cube. :D update soon.
The current drag models are all placeholder (and maybe, just maybe, not very accurate xD im sorry) and will be replaced on the next version

as you can see they were mostly just guesses (comparing with the KSP1's parts), but some of them were 10x more than the actual calculated drag. Remember that we are in a very early phase of KSP2 modding, we don't have almost any resource available for us. If anyone wants to know how to get the correct drag cube please contact me!

Current WAF-001 dragCube | Calculated WAF-001 dragCube

image.png

Also, minor improvment, the mod now will load a LOT faster, and occupy half the disk space thanks to my improvments to the Colors feature on SpaceWarp :D

Before i make the prod update, I'll have this pre-release just to be sure that everything is working correctly, please feel free to download and test it!
https://github.com/LuxStice/SORRY/releases/tag/v0.4.0

Changelog:

Spoiler

- Added Mk2 Vtol
- Added Mk2 RCS Block
- Added Heavy RCS Block
- Added Merlin Vaccum
- Fixed drag for all parts
- Added Deploy Button to Gridfins
- Fixed Gridfins Drag and Lift
- Fixed texturing issue
- Switched to new Colors materials (reducing mod's size by half)

If you're wondering where's the new update, I've been busy helping @Falki and @schlosrat updating their UI to UITK, and making the Lux Flames and Ornaments plume editor so that anyone can edit any plume in game. here's a sneakpeak on the new ui's. Also im working with @munixto make Uitk For Ksp 2 better for any modder who wants to use it.
UITK is the new system that Unity has created for UI, its way more performant and gives a lot more control to the UI designer

Spoiler

gaElq4f.png
MNC
2QyLvaT.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its been a while, well im back on track, and here's the progress so far!
Mirlin-07Vac plumes!

Unity_Iy6OTHZiAg.gif

MK2 VTOL Plumes

Unity_VZs6CJ32ub.gif

On 6/17/2023 at 11:27 PM, Kerbin Launch Coalition said:

As far as suggestions to, procedural fuel tanks and integrated wing fuel tanks. Great job on SORRY so far. :prograde:

not on the scope of SORRY but surely can be done for another parts mod! I'll look into it!

On 7/8/2023 at 4:07 PM, LuxStice said:

Its been a while, well im back on track, and here's the progress so far!
Mirlin-07Vac plumes!

Unity_Iy6OTHZiAg.gif

MK2 VTOL Plumes

Unity_VZs6CJ32ub.gif

not on the scope of SORRY but surely can be done for another parts mod! I'll look into it!

Modding is this dark art, I'm guessing there's nothing like basic tutorials of 'how to add a part to KSP' for example anywhere? I'm competent enough with the likes of Blender but wouldn't have the faintest idea where to start. :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Kerbin Launch Coalition said:

Modding is this dark art, I'm guessing there's nothing like basic tutorials of 'how to add a part to KSP' for example anywhere? I'm competent enough with the likes of Blender but wouldn't have the faintest idea where to start. :unsure:

you ask you shall receive, follow this until 2m30s

then this 

40 minutes ago, LuxStice said:

I should also add that the mod WON'T be loaded if you have missing dependencies. And LFO 0.2.0 is a dependecy of the mod

It worked fine pre-patch, but I uninstalled mods just incase there was issues with 0.1.3.

Fingers crossed, there's some rather handy parts (namely the quite high thrust but compact engines) and of course grid fins. Big things for those who like boosters that can land! :D

5 minutes ago, Kerbin Launch Coalition said:

I uninstalled mods just incase there was issues with 0.1.3

I can quite confidently say that it will be very rare the case where a game update breaks mods (depending on the mod obviously), but most of us use the game's provided Modules so parts and ui wont break with updates so theres no need to uninstall them :D

0.4.1 changelog

• Added MK2 RCS Block localization
  • Fixed Typo on Mk2 Vtol ("Persina" -> "Pursina")
  • Fixed the lights flashing on MapView
  • Removed flares from engine's light sources
  • Fixed audio not stoping when the game is paused
Edited by LuxStice

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.