[Deleted for now] Future station construction kit, axiom station and beyond

chaos113

With the ending of habtech i saw it as an opportunity to continue with what benjee started, now me and a friend are going to be making parts from iss replacement stations and possibly eventually lunar gateway

Download link: https://spacedock.info/mod/3367/Fosk-future orbiting stations kit

heres our current work on the axiom hub module, the windows have been extrapolated from available images so they might not match the actual station when it launchesimage-45.jpg

Edited by chaos113

On 4/11/2023 at 6:28 AM, chaos113 said:

With the ending of habtech i saw it as an opportunity to continue with what benjee started, now me and a friend are going to be making parts from iss replacement stations and possibly eventually lunar gateway

heres our current work on the axiom hub module, the windows have been extrapolated from available images so they might not match the actual station when it launchesimage-45.jpg

I'll be keeping my eye on this :)

3 hours ago, chaos113 said:

What could you offer

I've got experience in writing config files for parts, description writing for said parts, Waterfall integration experience, and Snacks-LS integration support!

Check out my Junkyards mod: https://spacedock.info/mod/2891/AtomicTech Inc. Junkyards

On 4/11/2023 at 6:28 AM, chaos113 said:

Also, have you reached out to Benjee about being able to use assets from HabTech2? You might be able to do some cool things with those :)

16 hours ago, AtomicTech said:

I've got experience in writing config files for parts, description writing for said parts, Waterfall integration experience, and Snacks-LS integration support!

Check out my Junkyards mod: https://spacedock.info/mod/2891/AtomicTech Inc. Junkyards

Also, have you reached out to Benjee about being able to use assets from HabTech2? You might be able to do some cool things with those :)

The handrails are already leased from habtech 2. I am in contact with benjee on this

On 4/18/2023 at 8:16 PM, AtomicTech said:

Is there anyway I can help?

Yeah unless you can assist with textures the node module will probably be the only one made. The texture person doesn't have time for anything related to ksp anymore 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Toad Stool said:

I really hope someone assists you in texturing, this mod is too good to die now

I just need someone to assist in future texturing and an old friend has returned to help me, also its not dead its just had release 1

11 hours ago, ssd21345 said:

hey it seems u pack ur mod wrongly. I think you wanted fosks/parts rather than fosks/gamedata/parts given the part cfg file

Yeah lol, was about to report that. Also, I've tried to make an IVA patch to use Habtech 2 IVAs, but model orientation is wrong.

4Qb1vzK.png

Must also say it's nice to have working integrated solar panels, but without electricity resource they're pretty pointless lol. Also noticed Z-fighting on some parts, like handrails (forgot to add a B9PS module?). Speaking of handrails, I think their orientation should match the part they're attached to (like the conical bulkhead). Idk how to explain it better lol. And lights don't work.

xAfTkCl.png

One last thing, why are the diffuse textures 512*512? Even vanilla uses 1024 on most parts, except very small ones. The model itself looks pretty decent, though I think some parts could be improved, like the RCS.

That's all for now, I'm looking forward to future improvements! :D

3 hours ago, hugoraider said:

Yeah lol, was about to report that. Also, I've tried to make an IVA patch to use Habtech 2 IVAs, but model orientation is wrong.

4Qb1vzK.png

Must also say it's nice to have working integrated solar panels, but without electricity resource they're pretty pointless lol. Also noticed Z-fighting on some parts, like handrails (forgot to add a B9PS module?). Speaking of handrails, I think their orientation should match the part they're attached to (like the conical bulkhead). Idk how to explain it better lol. And lights don't work.

xAfTkCl.png

One last thing, why are the diffuse textures 512*512? Even vanilla uses 1024 on most parts, except very small ones. The model itself looks pretty decent, though I think some parts could be improved, like the RCS.

That's all for now, I'm looking forward to future improvements! :D

The textures should be 2024 x 2024 what. Also a hot fix will be releasing for the config issues and file path issues