PNG Files Aren't Deleted When Deleting Craft Files When in the VAB.

Anth

Bug Report

KSP2 Version: 0.1.2.0.22258
Operating System: Windows 10
CPU+GPU+RAM: i9 9900K+3070ti+32GB
Mods Used: None

Picture in Picture with VAB and Craft Folder Showing it in Real Time:
https://youtu.be/6gERqVmmtU8 (34 Seconds)

Autosave Basically Spams the Save Folder Over Time:
The following is a partial screenshot from Diana Gearhead on discord:

image.png?width=1440&height=513

Possibly the same code as the following:

Edited by Anth12

4 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel Core i7 9750H | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 | RAM16 GB

After a certain amount of time, the game automatically saves your workspace by generating a save file and a craft picture. I deleted the autosaved workspaces. But in the folder of workspaces I still have pictures of crafts from autosaves. Check the following

• Go to AppData\LocalLow\Intercept Games\Kerbal Space Program 2\Saves\SinglePlayer\"Campaign Name"\Workspaces
  • See if there are any pictures left over from any previous workspaces saves without an associated save file like "Autosave CampaignName 01_11_2024 13_56.png"
Edited by DibzNr

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD ryzen 1600x | GPU: AMD RX 580 4gb | RAM32gb

While looking for a craft file for another report I noticed a whole bunch a png's with no associated meta or JSON files. Mostly auto saves, but also crafts I know I deleted. My main save has over 1600 of these files totalling over 200mb of data. That doesn't sound like much. But it's also only the result of about a dozen or so complete crafts. This is just unacceptable, especially considering your save is located in the hidden by default AppData folder for your windows user. You are not encouraged to look at that  folder directly by KSP or windows, ever.

What I expect to happen: Deleted crafts remove all the files associated with them.

What is happening: All of the PNG thimbnails are being left behind slowly filling my Boot drive with trash.

Steps to replicate: naviagte to your workspace folder for a well used save here, C:\Users\youruser\AppData\LocalLow\Intercept Games\Kerbal Space Program 2\Saves\SinglePlayer\yoursave\Workspaces and count up the png's with no corresponding JSON file.

Included Attachments: