Who’s the Oldest Active Forum Member?

Kerbalsaurus

We all know who the oldest forum member is @HarvesteR because he, well, made it. But he’s long since been inactive. I think it might be @Vanamonde, as they appear on the oldest insert on The Wayback Machine, under a welcome aboard post. But if you find someone older, or if you yourself are older, well, let us know.

Edited by Kerbalsaurus

There’s a problem with defining active.      There are still people who signed up back when the forum started that still lurk, and post one in a great while.      Van has been around a long time, having joined only a few months before me.     I don’t know if they’re the oldest active member though.

But wait you say, your join date says almost a year after Van?!   Ahh young kerbalnaut! You must not have been around for the great KSP forum hiccup of 2013 that erased a large number of accounts that had signed up with the past few months.   The data could not be restored and we had to re-sign up again, bumping our signup date up a few months.   

So the truth is, like any archeological and historical research, the truth can be a little fuzzy, and answering your question specifically is difficult.    

• 3 months later...
On 6/11/2023 at 12:55 AM, Kerbalsaurus said:

Who’s the Oldest Active Forum Member?

June 1955.

Do I get either a badge or a senior discount for this?

Spoiler

"longest-active forum member", perhaps.

Edited by Hotel26

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.