Struts: ctrl+z in the VAB renders struts/fuel lines invisible, visual bug

Sylvi Fisthaug

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.1.3.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 22H2 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz | GPU: 3070 TI | RAM32,0 GB 3600 mhz (operating at 3200 mhz) cl17

Specs:

Spoiler

hardware.jpg.217374273606d31b5cd883e71778988f.jpg

Title: ctrl+z renders struts/fuel lines invisible in the VAB.

Steps to replicate: 

1. Place struts in VAB
  2. Place another part
  3. ctrl+z placement of part from number 2
  4. struts disappear

This bug is purely visual, as struts/fuel lines is visible again at launch, and functions as normal. 

Edited by Anth12

7 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045 64-bit | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER (8019MB) | RAM32683

Clicking on UnDo makes the struts vanish, with only the anchor points left visible. This invisibility persisted after I launched the craft. I'm not sure if the struts are still there but just invisible. On Reverting to VAB the struts come back.

I tried building a test structure to show if the invisible struts are still functioning, I was able to reproduce the "struts vanish on UnDo" behaviour consistently but when I launched the structure/craft the struts were consistently visible, so no dice there.

Included Attachments:

UnDoButtonMakesstrutsvanishinVAB_logs.zip

Ksp2.log

13 minutes ago, The Space Peacock said:

merged your report with this one

There appears to be a slight difference, my struts did not reappear at launch and testing suggested they were not functioning either. Even though they did reappear on Revert to VAB they never came back after launch. I even reloaded the craft I'd previously saved and still the struts would not be present after launch. In the end I had to re-do all the struts. I included a screenshots that showed the struts gone in the VAB, missing on the runway and then restored on Revert to VAB.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.