Wrong Message When Timewarp To Point Stops: "Time warp limited due to proximity to celestial body"

WingC3

Bug Report

• KSP Version : 0.10
  • Operating System and version: Windows 11
  • CPU and GPU models: AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT |  nVidia Geforce RTX 3090 Founders
  • Description of the bug: Selecting "Time Warp to Point" on Map scene always produces "reducing timewarp due to proximity to celestial body". However, in fact, the timewarp has finished successfully with no issue.   A minor bug, but worth correcting for the sake new users.
Edited by Spicat

11 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Wine 9.0-rc3 on Linux | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 | GPU: NVIDIA 3060 Ti | RAM32GB

When time-warping to a specific point on a vehicle's orbit or to the next maneuver node, the incorrect error message "time warp limited due to proximity to celestial body" is displayed at the end of the time warp.

Severity: Low

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch a vehicle to orbit.
  2. Enter map view.
  3. Click a point on the vehicle's orbit line and select "Time Warp to Point".
  4. Wait for the time warp to complete.

Expected behavior: A success message such as "time warp complete", or no message at all, is displayed.

Observed behavior: The error message "time warp limited due to proximity to celestial body" is displayed.

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.1.3.2 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: windows 11 | CPU: i7-9800 | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM16 gb

not sure if it's the case in other language, but in French, if i click on a maneuver and i say skip to this point, or if i click on my trajectory and i click skip to this point, when the time skipping will return to 1X the message say that the time acceleration have stop because of a nearby body. but it's not the case, it's because i'm at my maneuver or at the point that i asked.

by the way, that message appear behing the navball, it's too low on the screen.

https://imgur.com/a/EIYV81a

Included Attachments:

20230801221052_1.jpg.79f22c5aedfaaa8899daabc393f19c73.jpg

Edited by Anth12

13 minutes ago, Marachdrifter said:

not sure if it's the case in other language, but in French, if i click on a maneuver and i say skip to this point, or if i click on my trajectory and i click skip to this point, when the time skipping will return to 1X the message say that the time acceleration have stop because of a nearby body. but it's not the case, it's because i'm at my maneuver or at the point that i asked.

Thanks for posting your bug report.
The message is similar for English which is also wrong.

14 minutes ago, Marachdrifter said:

by the way, that message appear behing the navball, it's too low on the screen.

This started happening when 0.1.3.0 was released and has already been reported. Some have speculated its got something to do with the new UI Scaling feature.

You should change the title because it concerns probably all languages and has been there since release.

(I saw that some youtubers were confused by that, especially beginners)

Edited by Spicat

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: Micro Engineer | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: i7-10870H | GPU: RTX 3070 | RAM16GB

The message for trying to warp too fast activates whenever warp is slowed down after using the warp to maneuver node option.

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: CustomFlags | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Win 10 | CPU: i7-3770K | GPU: GTK 1060 6GB | RAM32 GB

After time warping to maneuver or to a point, the game says this:

0wBYWyx.png

This is wrong. Proximity to a celestial body has nothing to do with why time warp stopped in these cases.

Maybe it could say something like, "Finished warping to maneuver" / "Finished warping to point" instead?

Edited by HebaruSan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.