KSP2 Release Notes - Hotfix v0.1.4.1

Intercept Games

19 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

Orbital Decay is a show stopper for me so it's great to see it's been (mostly) fixed. Curious to see from player experience how "mostly" it's fixed, but early reports are very promising.

This fix, some fix to wobbly rockets, and Science mode are about all I need to pull the trigger and buy the game. So I'm 1/3 of the way there it seems :D

Those are the same things I'm waiting for as well! I look forward to those coming so I can really play. :)

I'm very interested to see if this  fix of the orbital decay bug has also fixed some of the other issues with phantom oscillations,  randomly displaced parts, and docking catastrophes.  Those things all seemed to be very tightly correlated when I was doing my Jool5 mission, as in all the other stuff only seemed to start happening after one of the craft involved had experienced orbital decay.

On 9/30/2023 at 11:11 PM, MechBFP said:

The limiter will be the 1050. Based on what I have heard from others with that card the low end will be about 10FPS (looking at the planet while in orbit or launching a rocket) with the high end about 30FPS while looking at space with no planet in view.

ah well average day for me using my pother laptop playing starbase simulator lol

1050 was a budget card in 2016 that has been released in 2G, 3G and 4G varients.  All of which are clearly well under requirements. 
 just loaded the game up and went from VRAM usage of 950M to 1885M just loading to the seizure warning screen. 
Clicked create new campagn...immediately up to 9297M.  
To KSC 8966M.
Inside VAB 9562M.

I've also run it on an old RX590 with 8GB.  Performance was bad, but at least the card could fit fit the game inside it if you turn everything down.

I just don't think a 1050 is going to cut it even if the GPU chip itself is capable of low framerates - it is going to choke loading things in and out of the card.

11 hours ago, Ragnar said:

1050 was a budget card in 2016 that has been released in 2G, 3G and 4G varients.  All of which are clearly well under requirements. 
 just loaded the game up and went from VRAM usage of 950M to 1885M just loading to the seizure warning screen. 
Clicked create new campagn...immediately up to 9297M.  
To KSC 8966M.
Inside VAB 9562M.

I've also run it on an old RX590 with 8GB.  Performance was bad, but at least the card could fit fit the game inside it if you turn everything down.

I just don't think a 1050 is going to cut it even if the GPU chip itself is capable of low framerates - it is going to choke loading things in and out of the card.

But my RX 580 just runs perfectly fine. Less than 20 FPS, but it can indeed run the game despite the low memory size. Maybe it’s actually related to the total memory size of the computer rather than just that of the graphics card

I don’t know much about computers though, and it seems a bit off-topic. Like said before, this update is just a hotfix and won’t affect the performance too much.

I'm sorry to say that while the orbital decay part may be much improved, I'm still getting game-killing phantom motions around docked-together modules. I was trying to build a big interplanetary colony ship with something like 50km/sec dV and capacity for 72 Kerbals plus a bunch of other stuff, the idea being it would be a SWERV-based baby version of the interstellar ships we expect to get someday.   The engines were mounted out to the side, near the front, and it was supposed to have a string of  4Xjumbo tank modules docked behind it, which could be jettisoned as their fuel was used up. Unfortunately, after I docked up the first 4-tank module to the large core ship, exited the game, and came back a few days later to continue my orbital build, the 2-module ship would just start oscillating harder and harder around the docking junction, until it tore itself apart. That's with no thrust or SAS inputs of any kind being applied. Just phantom motions out of nowhere, building slowly from the moment I loaded the ship until it flew apart maybe a minute later. Same thing every reload, and quicksaving and loading that save yields the same result, so the corruption is somehow baked into the save file. I must say that with that episode I have finally had it. The game is still completely broken 8 months after its initial release, to the point where even exploring the limited content available so far just isn't any fun. I am going to go into hibernation now, and hope that the game is in better shape in anther six months. As it stands now, it really just offers me nothing but frustration.

On 10/11/2023 at 10:08 AM, The Aziz said:

Instead you could've helped (yourself) and report the issue, provide your savefile so that the devs can sort out that specific case. And then leave if you desire to do so. Thanks!

I honestly don't think this bug requires any further documentation.

• 2 weeks later...