Kerbal Life-Support System (KLSS) [v0.7.0 for KSP2 0.2.1]

Safarte

3 hours ago, CSA said:

I love this Mod, it gives a touch of realism and difficulty to the game that is essential for me. I am having a problem that is already persistent. I'm setting up a ship in Kerbin orbit for a long-duration mission to Duna. The first time I tried it I noticed that the crew member could not move from one module to another because when trying to do so using the Kerbals Manager, the crew member would disappear forever. I tried it in a thousand ways. Restarting, reloading, uninstalling and reinstalling the mods, but the problem still occurred. I have done the mission again, starting from scratch and at first it was fine, but over time the problem has occurred again. On this occasion I was able to reload the game with its Mod disabled and the problem was resolved. I activate it again and the problem reappears. It only happens when time has passed, I don't know how much, but more than a day-Kerbal for sure. I don't know if it is due to the acceleration of time, an error in the consumption or non-consumption of vital resources, such as oxygen, or what is happening.

Thanks for the report, I'll investigate the issue and try to find a fix for it for the next version of the mod.

• 3 weeks later...

Version 0.6.0 released!

Pf4ntgU.gif

• Added: New and improved Life-Support monitor UI visuals. Current / max crew supplies duration have been merged into a single line per vessel with a button to switch between the two.
  • Added: Ability to filter only Vessels/Kerbals in LS monitor.
  • Added: Search bar for vessel names in LS monitor.
  • Added: Options to show/hide empty vessels and show active vessel on top in LS monitor.
  • Added: Ability to pin vessels to top in LS monitor.
  • Added: In-game notifications when a vessel runs out of a supply and when a Kerbal dies due to lack of a supply.
  • Bugfix: Kerbals in EVA are new properly destroyed when running out of supplies.
  • Other: Added French localization.
  • Other: Added Chinese (Simplified) localization by @fengyuan0529.

Using this mod a lot and I really like it, but something is still missing imo. I can provide food, water and oxygen for years, but that poor kerbal is just stuck in the Mk1 Lander Can for years as well. :D Might be a cool idea to include sort of a living space requirement, depending on the duration of a mission. The living space can be consumed over time, same as oxygen, water and food does right now. Longer missions will require more living space. What do you think?

Also is there a way to see how much waste kerbals produce per hour? To balance the composter and greenhouse.

Edited by Rezania

9 hours ago, Rezania said:

Using this mod a lot and I really like it, but something is still missing imo. I can provide food, water and oxygen for years, but that poor kerbal is just stuck in the Mk1 Lander Can for years as well. :D Might be a cool idea to include sort of a living space requirement, depending on the duration of a mission. The living space can be consumed over time, same as oxygen, water and food does right now. Longer missions will require more living space. What do you think?

Also is there a way to see how much waste kerbals produce per hour? To balance the composter and greenhouse.

This is a pretty interesting idea, I need to go over my mod and think about what it brings in terms of real gameplay loops at some point. I'll be sure to take this idea for "habitat" / "living space" into account in my deliberations, thanks for the suggestion.

7 hours ago, Eise said:

sorry but when i try to load an old save it wont open and is stuck on the klss_water_tank_v2_radial, do i have to start a new save because of this?

This shouldn't happen.

Do you have all dependencies installed and up-to date? If you're using CKAN are you using the latest version of CKAN?

Also could you send me the Player.log file found in "App data/Localow/Intercept Games/Kerbal Space Program2"?

I started a new playthrough with this mod about 80hrs of playtime ago (~2 wks) and I love the added complexity. I am currently expanding my missions out to Duna and I am finding an issue where when I move into the highest time warps, using k2d2 warping to transfer manuevers in Kerbol orbit, my active vessel with appears to lose life support quantities and once I get out of warp my Kerbal is gone (rip).

I suspect this has to do with the high warp electricity and resource issues that are causing constant out of resource messages triggering during this state. Just wanted to make sure you were tracking it, or even if you had a better work around other than maybe performing the warp from ksc or the tracking station using an alarm.

Either way, awesome mod. This will be a staple of my future playthroughs for certain. I've been keeping consumption at 75% for my own balancing, at least while I'm figuring out how things work :)

EDIT: A few more data points for the issue I talked about above:

- I tried doing the warp to transfer mnvr node (~2600 days, 8yr food, infinite o2 and h20) from the tracking station and while the tracking station continued to show that vessel had crew, but as soon as I took "control" of the vessel, bill had sadly passed.

- I turned consumption rates to 0% and maybe predictably, the issue is gone. Temporarily may need to do this while transferring.

- Confirmed that this occurs for me when I warp at 1,000,000x. I will keep an eye on 100,000x warp.

- Confirmed this occurs for manual warps, not only when I use k2d2.

Edited by PASSthe40

3 hours ago, PASSthe40 said:

I started a new playthrough with this mod about 80hrs of playtime ago (~2 wks) and I love the added complexity. I am currently expanding my missions out to Duna and I am finding an issue where when I move into the highest time warps, using k2d2 warping to transfer manuevers in Kerbol orbit, my active vessel with appears to lose life support quantities and once I get out of warp my Kerbal is gone (rip).

I suspect this has to do with the high warp electricity and resource issues that are causing constant out of resource messages triggering during this state. Just wanted to make sure you were tracking it, or even if you had a better work around other than maybe performing the warp from ksc or the tracking station using an alarm.

Either way, awesome mod. This will be a staple of my future playthroughs for certain. I've been keeping consumption at 75% for my own balancing, at least while I'm figuring out how things work :)

- I tried doing the warp to transfer mnvr node (~2600 days, 8yr food, infinite o2 and h20) from the tracking station and while the tracking station continued to show that vessel had crew, but as soon as I took "control" of the vessel, bill had sadly passed.

- I turned consumption rates to 0% and maybe predictably, the issue is gone. Temporarily may need to do this while transferring.

- Confirmed that this occurs for me when I warp at 1,000,000x. I will keep an eye on 100,000x warp.

Yeah it is a known issue that life-support recyclers break down at very high time-warp. I'm still looking into how to fix that but I suspect weird stuff is happening in the stock systems.

Version 0.7.0 released!

• Added: Non-lethal life-support system:
    • Enable this mode by setting the "Kerbals Die" option in the Mod Settings to false.
    • When running out of supplies, a Kerbal will stop working and go on strike instead of dying.
    • When on strike, Kerbals cannot control vessels or perform experiments.
    • On strike Kerbals in EVA can still move to enable rescue missions (but they cannot perform experiments).
  • Enhancement: Food/Water/Oxygen storage parts for each size have been merged into single parts with variants selectable in PAM thanks to the great V-SwiFT part switching mod.image

18 minutes ago, PASSthe40 said:

Great idea! When supplies return to the pod, will the kerbal "return to work"? If so looks like this will be the band-aid i was looking for.

Thanks again, consumption back to 75%!

Yes the Kerbal goes back to work when resupplied.

21 hours ago, PASSthe40 said:

Try to reinstall all ;)

On 2/22/2024 at 1:39 AM, Safarte said:

This shouldn't happen.

Do you have all dependencies installed and up-to date? If you're using CKAN are you using the latest version of CKAN?

Also could you send me the Player.log file found in "App data/Localow/Intercept Games/Kerbal Space Program2"?

Hi, im also encountering this issue, stuck on loading screen on the exact same file, creating a new save fixes the problem, but i am not able to make it work on my old save, im using CKAN and already checked that everything is updated.

Player.log

The issue that both of you have is that something is very broken with a vessel in your save that is causing Patch Managers sanity checks for broken vessels to error, and I don't know exactly what is causing that error.

On 2/24/2024 at 6:28 PM, cheese3660 said:

The issue that both of you have is that something is very broken with a vessel in your save that is causing Patch Managers sanity checks for broken vessels to error, and I don't know exactly what is causing that error.

Definitely true. I destroyed my kerbin and duna space stations and that seemed to take care of resource errors being thrown. 

On 2/22/2024 at 7:39 AM, Safarte said:

This shouldn't happen.

This also happened to me, newest CKAN and version of the mod.

On 2/28/2024 at 7:27 AM, Spektar said:

Same here. When I disable it via CKAN it works and I can load my savegame. So I thought maybe I try a savegame that is not midflight but in the spacecenter but no change. Gets stuck at KLSS_water_tank_2v_radial. Tried to uninstall any other mod except KLSS and dependencies. Did not solve. Only workaround seem to be a new campaign but I rather not want to loose 400hrs of gameplay :(

13 hours ago, Aerilon91 said:

Same here. When I disable it via CKAN it works and I can load my savegame. So I thought maybe I try a savegame that is not midflight but in the spacecenter but no change. Gets stuck at KLSS_water_tank_2v_radial. Tried to uninstall any other mod except KLSS and dependencies. Did not solve. Only workaround seem to be a new campaign but I rather not want to loose 400hrs of gameplay :(

On 2/28/2024 at 7:27 AM, Spektar said:

Could you send me the file for your savegame? Either using something like dropbox or DM it to me on Discord (@safarte)

I somewhat was able to do a workaround. Since PASSthe40 mentioned that destroying his space stations solved the problem I tried the same. I don't know which of my numerous vehicles was the erroneous but I send all active ships back home, crashed all sattelites and space stations down and well...now it loads! So apparently this behaviour has something to do with some vehicle being broken. Do you still want to have a savefile?

46 minutes ago, Aerilon91 said:

I somewhat was able to do a workaround. Since PASSthe40 mentioned that destroying his space stations solved the problem I tried the same. I don't know which of my numerous vehicles was the erroneous but I send all active ships back home, crashed all sattelites and space stations down and well...now it loads! So apparently this behaviour has something to do with some vehicle being broken. Do you still want to have a savefile?

Nice to hear you were able to go around the issue, but yeah if possible I'd like to pinpoint the core of the issue so people who encounter the issue down the line have a chance of not having to destroy all their vessels so I'd be glad to have access to the broken savefile.

Thank you for this latest patch and your efforts. At the moment everything is going very well and the problems I had have disappeared. If any other problem arises, I will let you know. Great job. !!Congratulations and Thank you!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I appreciate the life support system you gave us with KLSS, but i wonder what is the reason behind the absurd dry mass of the LS containers? 500kg for a SM container, while the same sized fuel tank has 60kg weight. And then the MD size comes with a whopping 4 tons dry mass, while the empty fuel tank has 500kg. Compared to the content you can store in these containers, the mass of the container itself is nuts and highly inefficient.

I hope this is an error from my installation. Is there a way to change them to a reasonable dry mass? The whole mod structure looks a bit different from KSP1.

Edited by LeLeon

I added the starlab to my life supported space station in Kerbin orbit today, it had 200+ days of each LS category plus recycler/converter/greenhouse attached and running. I had to restart KSP2 after docking in order for LSS not to kill a kerbal when I transferred them to the Starlab part.

Couldn't find a similar report of the bug in here, so it could have just been a random glitch.

3 hours ago, LeLeon said:

I appreciate the life support system you gave us with KLSS, but i wonder what is the reason behind the absurd dry mass of the LS containers? 500kg for a SM container, while the same sized fuel tank has 60kg weight. And then the MD size comes with a whopping 4 tons dry mass, while the empty fuel tank has 500kg. Compared to the content you can store in these containers, the mass of the container itself is nuts and highly inefficient.

I hope this is an error from my installation. Is there a way to change them to a reasonable dry mass? The whole mod structure looks a bit different from KSP1.

The dry masses have been chosen quite arbitrarily and are still WIP, thank you for your feedback I'll look into rebalancing this.

1 hour ago, jordanjay29 said:

I added the starlab to my life supported space station in Kerbin orbit today, it had 200+ days of each LS category plus recycler/converter/greenhouse attached and running. I had to restart KSP2 after docking in order for LSS not to kill a kerbal when I transferred them to the Starlab part.

Couldn't find a similar report of the bug in here, so it could have just been a random glitch.

I have received similar reports, I'll look into it.

On 3/28/2024 at 8:54 AM, Topos said:

I'm added Russian localization, please accept the pull request

Thanks for the translation, it will be added in the next version of the mod.