Build a Sentence... One Word at a Time!

Kimera Industries

Posted (edited)

Nottingham Shire in England, home to robin bird's hood collection, disappointed with how the story turned

Edited by Kimera Industries
In this case, it's not referring to Robin Hood, it's referring to an item that the birds collect.

Nottingham Shire in England, home to Robin bird's Hood collection, disappointed with how the story turned vicious.

New: Friar

———

Spoiler

@Kimera Industries i had hoped for a Robin Hood themed sentence and it got bent between Robin and Hood and I maintain it as that as both Robin and Hood were my addition. But to move on i ended the sentence and started new.

new page, new sentence

Edited by AlamoVampire

Friar mead

(I have never had a sentence turn out the way I had hoped, rarely will when multiple players are involved. Best to just be creative with whatever you get.)

Edited by ColdJ

Friar mead singing

———

@ColdJ what irked me was the idea of being told my words that I placed did not mean what I selected them for. Having a sentence run off a cliff is one thing, but being told that Robin or Hood were not what I chose them to be when I chose them and capitalized them as proper pronouns was a step too far for me. 

Friar Mead, singing hymns, drunk verses jangling discordantly, Jewels whilst pretty, confused Mead disturbingly, so Maid Marian removed

(Maid is actually a title and Marian is her name, but it is not worth worrying about, atleast for me.)

Friar Mead, singing hymns, drunk verses jangling discordantly, Jewels whilst pretty, confused Mead disturbingly, so Maid Marian removed Prince John

Spoiler

@ColdJ yes as is her more accurate title of Lady, but titles can typically be considered part of a name like Dr or Prince especially when taken from legend or literature which is why I went with Maid Marian and for this addition Prince John :) all for the funsies

Friar Mead, singing hymns, drunk verses jangling discordantly, Jewels whilst pretty, confused Mead disturbingly, so Maid Marian removed Prince John's hand

(I'm allowing it, it's part of a name and those are added in one post now that                                                                                   )

Friar Mead, singing hymns, drunk verses jangling discordantly, Jewels whilst pretty, confused Mead disturbingly, so Maid Marian removed Prince John's hand falsely.

new:

King Richard the Lionheart

Im sorry but rule 8: If you end the sentence prematurely or attempt to manipulate it, you take away the fun from others. Please keep this in mind.

I feel the sentence was killed prematurely and will now restore back to it so that it may not be prematurely killed.

——RESTORATION——

King Richard the Lionheart reigned

———RESTORATION COMPLETE———

On 1/8/2024 at 11:33 AM, AlamoVampire said:

Oceanographers sing whale arias.

new:

Cinematographers

On 1/10/2024 at 1:21 PM, AlamoVampire said:

Cinematographers filibuster awards ceremonies.

new:

Hubble

On 1/17/2024 at 11:29 AM, AlamoVampire said:

Snow falls silently, covering the town cemetery pristinely.

———

new: Shamrocks

On 3/25/2024 at 12:42 PM, AlamoVampire said:

Plumbers plumb.

new:

Rations

Sorry but glass houses.

I have put up with premature cut offs on more than just these, and constant manipulations to get the sentence to something you want to talk about. It is one WORD at a time.

Even if @Kimera Industries allowed "Maid Marian", "King Richard the Lionheart" is pushing it too far. I would have accepted "King Richard" but 4 words is a no from me.

I kept away for awhile to let someone else play it out with you, but nobody did. So I tried to start fresh and you as with other word games we have played decided that you can overrule whenever you want.

If you are willing to play fairly and randomly then I will play, but I am not up for being railroaded again.

Edited by ColdJ