Engines do not fire when triggered in the same action group as a decoupler

Stephensan

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.1.4 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | GPU: 3070 LHR (OC'd) | RAM64gb

Anth1256 requested me report this bug..

The abort Button does not function in its entirety when putting items in the AGM..

How to replicate it. -Craft File In Report

What Happens?

Pressing the Abort Button only does half the actions that it is supposed to do, in this case, only decoupling the craft, but not activating the engines only AFTER pressing it the a second time.

Edit: Upon further testing, it works ONCE properly then it goes to this bug.

Urgency? 

Eh, i be rather disappointed losing Kerbals in science mode due to the Abort Button not functioning properly, but as of right now Anth only really requested me to report it.

Included Attachments:

WgateverTgusUs.zip

Edited by The Space Peacock
Editing Additional info

11 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Ryzen 7 1700X | GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 | RAM16Gb

When trying to activate a sepratron or LES rocket via action groups, the rocket won't fire if a stack decoupler is decoupled within the same action group. Liquid rocket engines and SRBs don't seem to have this issue. I initially encountered the bug while testing an LES setup where the LES rocket is decoupled from the crew capsule and activated at the same time, but I was able to test and verify that the LES rocket also wouldn't fire if I decoupled a different decoupler and left the LES rocket attached to the crew capsule. If the sepratron or LES rocket is still part of the controlled craft, activating the action group a second time, will, however, cause the rockets to activate. If no decoupler is decoupled within the action group, both the sepratron and LES rocket will activate as expected when the action group is activated. This issue also occurs with stack separators. I have not tested with radial decouplers.

In the included craft file, both the Abort and Custom 9 action groups are set up to trigger the LES rocket and a decoupler. Abort is set up to decouple the capsule from the main stack and activate the LES. Custom Action Group 9 is set up to decouple the LES rocket from the craft and activate it.

Included Attachments:

CometMKII.json

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) | CPU: Intel Core i9-10885H | GPU: NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000 Max-Q | RAM64GB

Is anyone experiencing issues with Escape towers fired with the Abort action group? I've tried making both a Mercury clone with sepratrons and an Apollo clone with the bottle rocket without success.  If the motor(s) and coupler are in the same action group only the coupler fires. If I put the coupler in say the Brake action group and the motor(s) in the abort action group, they work pressing Brake followed by Abort. I would expect an abort action should fire both the coupler and motor(s) together.  I confirmed this is the behavior in KSP 1 (Coupler and escape tower in the abort action group, fire together).

This is an un-modded installation of 0.1.5.0.28834

Homer

Included Attachments:

NewWorkspace.json

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Win 11 build 22621.2861 | CPU: 12 Gen i7 12700 2.10 GHz | GPU: NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB | RAM32 GB DDR5 RAM

Setting the 'Abort' action group.

• BottleRocket only displays 'Toggle' and 'Enable'  not 'Activate'
  • Same condition exists for any engine.
  • When action group is selected, rocket engines do not start.

Included Attachments:

SatTest.json

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: 11th gen intel core i7-11800H | GPU: NVIDIA 4060 RTX | RAM64.0 GB

I built a small testing vehicle because I wanted to make sure the launch abort system would work. I put the decoupler and the “bottle-rocket” engine in the same stage yet when I took off with the rocket and pressed abort the decoupler fired but the rocket did not. I had to press the button again for the engine to work.

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: windows 11 | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz | GPU: nvidia gforce gtx 1060 max-q | RAMcrucial DDR4 CL19 16GB×2

Bottle Rocket does not work even if you operate the keys set in the action group.
Other parts set to the same key (such as separators) will work normally.
Bottle rockets work normally on stage.

Included Attachments:

Bug is still active and is a separate issue compared to the just the bottle rocket.

mine was the list of things the abort button was suppose to do didn't do everything in one clicked and required multiple clicks.

On 3/12/2024 at 2:48 PM, The Space Peacock said:

@Homer_S moved your report out of the archive after @Stephensan let me know this is still hapening in the latest version. link to their report made in 0.1.4.1 here

4 hours ago, Stephensan said:

Bug is still active and is a separate issue compared to the just the bottle rocket.

mine was the list of things the abort button was suppose to do didn't do everything in one clicked and required multiple clicks.

merged the two reports and removed the mention of the bottle rocket from the title to avoid confusion in the future. thanks! :)