ESC Menu Does Not Disable The Corresponding Button For The Situation You're In (VAB, Tracking Station, KSC, R&D)

Papow

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX | RAM64GB

Steps to reproduce:

Click hamburger (or press ESC) in VAB to open side menu. Notice that menu item for Tracking Station is unselectable and greyed out.

Expected behavior:

Able to select Tracking Station from side menu while in VAB.

Included Attachments:

KerbalSpaceProgram212_23_20231_34_09PM.png.71ed2383b9292b2a3784230d61c7a0e4.png

Edited by The Space Peacock

13 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 

at KSP, nothing is grayed out. I would expect KSP to be grayed.

at VAB, tracking station is grayed out. I would expect VAB to be grayed.

at Tracking Station, nothing is grayed out. I would expect tracking station to be grayed.

at R&D nothing is grayed out. I would expect R&D be grayed.

only at Training Center and Mission Control, it works as i would expect

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: A collection of minor bug fixes, none to do with the related issue | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: GTX 1080ti | RAM16gb

Whenever you're in a location in the KSC, the pause menu disables switching to that location and grays out the text. When in the VAB however, the menu disables and grays the Tracking Center instead of the Vehicle Assembly Building

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: UITK for KSP 2, Science Arkive, Maneuvor Node Controller, Space Warp, Commnetutils | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: i7 12700H 12th Gen | GPU: Geforce RTX 3070 Ti Laptop | RAM16GB

When in the VAB, you press escape to access the other facilities, you can select all of them, even the VAB that you are in, but not the Tracking Station.

When in the other facilities, they allow you to select each Facility just not the one that you are in.

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 

When at KSC, you can switch to different buildings directly via the esc menu. However I think the VAB and Tracking station are slightly bugged for me. When in the VAB, you can't switch directly to Tracking station, and the Tracking station you can pick the Tracking station (less annoying but still seems like a bug).

I included a screenshot of mission control as an example of where the menu seems to work properly.

This bug has been around since at least v0.2.0

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: MapView Focus and Targeting; Micro-Engineer; Flight Plan; Maneuver Node Controller; K2D2 | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12 core | GPU: GeForce RTX 2060 Super | RAM32 GB

Went into the VAB to start building a vessel, but then realized I needed to go to Mission Control to get the exact parameters of one of the missions.  When I brought up the Escape menu, I saw that Tracking Station is "greyed out", and I cannot click on that.

8Hnf4Ka.png

Included Attachments:

Can confirm this issue.    While in the VAB, i cannot go directly to the tracker, it is grayed out.      I can get there by first going to R+D (or something) and THEN going to tracker.    so it seemed odd.