anomaly hunting

I have been entertaining myself by hunting for easter eggs lately.  I discovered that there are 2 on Bop so went looking.  Got to the location of the large orange circle and there is nothing there.  After some digging I found Kerbalmaps.com and it shows only 1 easter egg there.   Nice.  Are there any other easter eggs that are long gone?

On 1/3/2024 at 7:10 PM, miklkit said:

I have been entertaining myself by hunting for easter eggs lately.  I discovered that there are 2 on Bop so went looking.  Got to the location of the large orange circle and there is nothing there.  After some digging I found Kerbalmaps.com and it shows only 1 easter egg there.   Nice.  Are there any other easter eggs that are long gone?

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/List_of_easter_eggs

this link lists all easter eggs, present and past.

read only if you don't mind spoilers.

you can hunt for anomalies in the game by activating kerbnet from probe cores functionalities.

If you like (or at least don't mind) mods, there is a great contract pack that gives you contracts for all the anomalies in the game, and even adds an anomaly of its own. It was to this day one of my most favorite career playthroughs. Sadly it's not been updated for some new anomalies that came later, but it's still a good time.

On 1/4/2024 at 2:10 AM, miklkit said:

That's right. One each body there is one randomly generated green monolith in addition to the known Easter eggs.

Sigh......  Kerbnet is 90% nonfunctional for me.  Always has been, always will be.  I wasted real time months chasing ghosts on Kerbin.  So I go to the wiki and copy locations of easter eggs and then go there.  Was surprised when I found one on Bop no longer exists and was wondering what others have been deleted. 

That anomaly hunter is so outdated that it is no longer on CKAN.  I will pass on it.

Supposedly the rovemate has 100% odds but it has mostly failed too.  One time I was around the South pole of the Mun looking for a certain easter egg there and the only thing it detected was an easter egg by the North pole.  the satellite detected nothing.  It took me a while to figure out that I was being spoofed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.