The game badly needs more than one size of RCS thruster.

On 1/10/2024 at 1:18 PM, Bej Kerman said:

Do they really? Hadn't noticed, I thought the gas plumes were there to look fascinating.

Of course not. Real players such as yourself and I would rather wait a microcentury for their larger vessels to turn around ;)

One point addressed, two to go:

"Verniers are a pain to set up on all axes, require methalox which nuclear (and more advanced) ships won't necessarily have, and can be underpowered themselves on the size of ships we'll be building"

In all seriousness, it's a wonder KSP 1 never got this, forget KSP 2.

Psst. You can make any engine an RCS engine by using actions. I did this in ksp 1 with twitch engines.

KaL made it even easier but it can be done without. 

Edited by Jeq

56 minutes ago, Jeq said:

Psst. You can make any engine an RCS engine by using actions. I did this in ksp 1 with twitch engines.

Good for you. I'd much rather have a button that ties said engines into RCS+SAS controls though.

59 minutes ago, Jeq said:

KaL made it even easier but it can be done without. 

But it would be a lot nicer to have a "control with RCS" switch much like we have the "control with main throttle" option for using RCS thrusters for main engines on small craft.

35 minutes ago, Audaylon said:

I assume big intersteller ships you'll just put an engine on the side instead of rcs thruster.  Then just enable disable it as needed. 

A. There'll probably be RCS thrusters big enough for interstellar ships judging by the preview screenshot sent earlier.

B. If the devs intended for you to use engines as RCS controls at some point, they wouldn't leave players needing to manually toggle them.

5 hours ago, steveman0 said:

But it would be a lot nicer to have a "control with RCS" switch much like we have the "control with main throttle" option for using RCS thrusters for main engines on small craft.

Indeed every engine should have same control options, to make things more simple and interesting. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.