help with a crew rescue

I sent a mission to Jool, but I made a mistake and my ship is adrift with 3 crew members in an orbit leaving the galaxy, they are already beyond Jool. I need to rescue my crew, could anyone give me a tip on how to reach such a far orbit? I've already lost 3 ships trying to rescue them.

Like what @Kerbalsaurus, if they're really on a Kerbolar escape path, they are pretty much doomed. However, if they're just going to escape into a high Kerbolar orbit, it can be possible to rescue them with a ship packed with dV, like @Vanamonde said. You just need to be able to do a rendezvous, which can be tricky if the orbit is highly inclined or eccentric.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting Problem. I've had to do a few "Oh dear I need to do a high Delta-V Intercept and rescue" Missions.

A couple of thoughts.

I don't think it's curtains yet..... But it could take a long time to get the home.

One is that the longer you leave it the worse it gets, as the craft is getting ever further away. However, if you are happy time-warping deep into the future you will eventually catch up.

Are you wanting to get everything back, or just the crew? If you just want the Crew then the return craft can be a lot smaller, lighter and have more Delta V. This would be  lot easier.

You've had 3 failed attempts,  any chance of screenshots of what you have tried? and a screenshot of the orbit it's in?