WiS3

Celestial Glow
A simple KSP2 mod to change ambient lighting

7cbd1e68-cadd-4283-99b3-face70223755

Source: https://github.com/WiS3/Celestial-Glow
Spacedock: https://spacedock.info/mod/3553/Celestial Glow
License: MIT
Available on CKAN

The goal of this mod is to tweak the ambient lighting when you are on the dark side of some planets and it is pitch black.
Just tweaking the Global Night Intensity does the job.

Provides global settings and body specific overrides:

• Ambient Intensity: Only affect the vessel and some objects on bodies
  • Day Intensity: Used when you are close to the body/landed and on the day side of the body
  • Night Intensity: Used when you are  close to the body/landed and on the night side of the body
  • Scaled Intensity: Used when you are far away from the body

NOTES:

• Does not work in Map Mode, only Flight Mode
  • Gas Giants and Water/Oceans are not affected
Edited by WiS3
v0.1.2

Very nice! Videos need a mod like this. Thank you for making it!

However when I load the game this mod fails. On the screen it says "Version : 0.1.1 (mismatched)" which makes me think that's what's wrong (it's the only thing in red).

In the player log I see this:

[Info   :   BepInEx] Loading [Celestial Glow 0.1.0]

So I'm wondering if it's something as simple as the mod version number not being updated in one place. I'm not a coder though so I've really no idea :)

I was very excited to get to actually see things without nuking my retnas from cranking the Gamma.

This more never gets entered into the mod loader for me. I have other Mods that are outdated by the Community Verifying - Thingy. Those mods still work with the newest patch though so i do not know why this one isn't working. 
I have very little experience troubleshooting this kind of stuff and am hopelessly lost when nothing crashes. The red stuff in the In game Window is what i search out in the Logs to start my rounds of Google-Fu / 
Bing PT that S%*$.

If this does get up and going or someone has a work around / solution for why it isnt loading, Please let me know.

My initial thoughts is that dependency is an outdated spacedock?

Edited by Fizzlebop Smith

7 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

However when I load the game this mod fails. On the screen it says "Version : 0.1.1 (mismatched)" which makes me think that's what's wrong (it's the only thing in red).

So I'm wondering if it's something as simple as the mod version number not being updated in one place. I'm not a coder though so I've really no idea :)

From what I can see on GitHub, the 0.1.1 release was accidentally made with the version still being 0.1.0 in the swinfo file, and then only the swinfo file was modified to 0.1.1 but the project was not recompiled - which would make the project version 0.1.0 and swinfo version 0.1.1, resulting in this error.

Edited by munix

14 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

Sorry and thanks for reporting this, munix was right, I manually updated the version on github and also updated it in the zip release but didn't rebuild the mod. Fixing it right now!