Bug Status [2/23]

• KSP Team

o3OOels.png

Heya Kerbonauts,

Welcome back to the K.E.R.B.! Bit of a short one today, no major updates to share on the Epic issues - though there's been a good amount of progress on a lot of the issues in the top 20.

If you're looking for the news of the day, check out the 1 year anniversary post we just put out. It mentions that the team has squashed over 2441 bugs since launch, with a ton of those being directly resolved because of bug reports sent here on the forums. That's why we truly appreciate your bug reports!

See you in two weeks!

KSP Team

Community's Current Top Issues: 

# Bug Status
1 No trajectory lines in map view Fix being tested
2 Incorrect "landed" status while in orbit causes trajectory to disappear in Map View Reproducible
3 Parts inside fairing heating up Fix implemented and verified
4 Broken DeltaV with multiple engines and/or with side tank attached [fuel tank placement order messes up dV calculations] Fixes being implemented
5 Rovers are hitting a physics glitch every 1000m from the Location of Rover Being Loaded into the Game with Disastrous Results Improved, investigating long-term solutions
6 Timewarp limit is too restrictive on some non-atmospheric planets (Gilly, Bop, Minmus...) Reproducible

Parachutes didn't deploy

Confirming post v0.2.1
8 Landing gear blocked when it is not [also happens with other deployable parts] Unable to reliably reproduce
9 Control Surface Oscillation in Atmosphere Reproducible
10 Vessel icons block celestial bodies from being clicked on [when zoomed out] [Vessel Icons have priority over Celestial Bodies] Investigating
11 For the difficulty of the LIL CHONKER mission, 35 Science as a reward is too low Fix implemented and verified
12 A Kerbal on EVA Exerts a Force upon the Vessel Reproducible
13 Accelerate under Timewarp still not working in some cases (post v0.2.0) Investigating
14 Resource Manager (RM) disallows re-placement of a resource in the Transfer list of the RM, creating duplicates in the parts list of the RM Reproducible
15 When Trying to Close a Fairing on a Part, it will Disappear Instead Investigating
16 When targeting another craft close by navball indicators (prograde|retrograde etc) start moving in an erratic way. [Wobbly navball markers] Reproducible
17 VAB camera offset whenever middle mouse clicking on part after panning Reproducible

Game Thinks Entire Craft is Destroyed Even Though Command Pod is Still Intact

Need more information
19 Can't create a maneuver node within another SOI Investigating
20 All Noted Tracking Station Bugs For Celestial Body Information (So Far) Multiple fixes implemented and verified

Note: this report is not fully representative of the work our team is focused on. This is just to provide insight into our progress on the most concerning issues to our community. Additionally, the lack of a status update does not imply a lack of importance or general progress - we just do not have anything to share at this time.

I really hope they fix the issue with Mun landers falling through the surface of you time warp.  Everytime I time warp with my lander on the Mun, then return to normal speed, my lander will either fall through the surface or it will suddenly appears way above the surface.  Anyone else experience this?

5 minutes ago, Clayel said:

just to be sure though, the intercept team does read past the top 20 bug reports right?

40 minutes ago, Intercept Games said:

Note: this report is not fully representative of the work our team is focused on. This is just to provide insight into our progress on the most concerning issues to our community

6 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Yeah. "Just".

This, lots of games uses wheels. 
Now I wonder if my lander with wheels tend to either point nose up or down from time to time is related to bug 5?
NkV7CLj.jpg
I have to set SAS to manual and force it level again.

10 hours ago, magnemoe said:

Now I wonder if my lander with wheels tend to either point nose up or down from time to time is related to bug 5?
[Snip]
I have to set SAS to manual and force it level again.

You encounter this bug:

Set the spring strength to 0 and the rover will get back down

Edit: don't forget to upvote the bug :wink:

Edited by Bingmao

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Icegrx said:

Number 3 is not fixed at all 

You seem to not know how the KERB work.

It's the current most upvoted bug report by the community, and the team gives the status of those bugs. All of them are active bugs in the current version, but their status is at what stage they are internally. So "fix implemented and verified" means they have a fix and that it will likely come in the next update. And when it's fixed for the public, it will be removed from that list.

8 hours ago, Spicat said:

You seem to not know how the KERB work.

It's the current most upvoted bug report by the community, and the team gives the status of those bugs. All of them are active bugs in the current version, but their status is at what stage they are internally. So "fix implemented and verified" means they have a fix and that it will likely come in the next update. And when it's fixed for the public, it will be removed from that list.

Ahhhh, understood! I was wondering why week after week this bug stayed in the KERB but said fix implemented. 

I am dumb, thank you