ColdJ's Military Planes

ColdJ

Currently 4 Military Jet Fighters, 2 older and 2 younger. An F14, F18, F22 and F35. Everything that attaches has a node to attach to. Will have the craft prebuilt in a folder inside the main folder. The wing servos and the piston weapons rail for the internal bays will require Breaking Ground, but you can attach the F14 wings in a fixed position without it and there is a fixed weapons rail with the ability to decouple. Remember to turn off staging on the rails and the Drop Tank when building yourself. Typing the desigination in the parts search will bring up the parts for a particular model, e.g F14. Enjoy.

First Supplemental with 2 F-16s, An F-16C and an F-16XL is now on SpaceDock.

Licence: All Rights Reserved

SpaceDock

https://spacedock.info/mod/3576/ColdJ's Military Planes

First Supplemental F-16

https://spacedock.info/mod/3579/ColdJ's Military Planes F-16

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

1 2 3 4 5 6

Edited by ColdJ
First Supplemental

@Kimera Industries

A number of pictures of F-35s show a a sort of violet shade to them. It is hard to be so subtle in KSP, so that is why. I like it because it makes it unique. Same as the F-22 being shaded gold.

canopy-lockheed-martin-f-lightning-ii-k-

04d1db34e724992843231d3922358d83.jpg

I wonder if @TwoCalories has tried my mod to settle their F-18 vs F-14 rivalry. :)

6 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

I wonder if @TwoCalories has tried my mod to settle their F-18 vs F-14 rivalry. :)

Hmm...

I might try it, but my game is already pretty overflowing with mods already. Either way, it'll always be F/A-18 > F-14 for me. ;)

4 hours ago, ColdJ said:

If anybody seeing this does videos, would love a demo video if you don't mind making one.

Maybe me but my computer can't really handle Scatterer along with KK so maybe I'll tune down the graphics a bit, but otherwise I'm fine.

1 hour ago, Alpha_star said:

Maybe me but my computer can't really handle Scatterer along with KK so maybe I'll tune down the graphics a bit, but otherwise I'm fine.

I might be able get you some quality video of them flying around on my rig, just about to download and try them out now.

Edited by Publius Kerman

49 minutes ago, Publius Kerman said:

Does it play well with FAR?

I have never used F.A.R so I don't know how it changes interactions. The planes are set up to work well in stock KSP. So people who use F.A.R would have to relate their experience here.

ColdJ this mod is well...  Iceman cold! This is awesome, I just don't have words for how appreciative I am to have full working planes for my play through with military patrol contracts and many others that are flight related.

Edited by Publius Kerman

11 minutes ago, Publius Kerman said:

ColdJ this mod is well...  Iceman cold! This is awesome, I just don't have words for appreciative I am to have full working planes for my play through with military patrol contracts and many others that are flight related.

Thank you. Knowing that people enjoy using my mods makes it feel worth the time I put in.

23 hours ago, Publius Kerman said:

I might be able get you some quality video of them flying around on my rig, just about to download and try them out now.

Great. I mean can’t handle because it will be under 60 FPS, but if 24 or 30 then I’d say fine. It would also be great if someone can make a waterfall config for the planes.

6 minutes ago, Alpha_star said:

Where did you get those cool KK stuff?

The huge runway was just in the list, I don't think I have any mods with statics installed in my build version of KSP so it may come from KK continued. The stunt building and my K shaped hospital are things I just built myself for fun. I use the stunt building to test my reflexes and the stability of my aircraft. It is easier than the standard 2 bridges in KSP. I also made some stunt rings to fly through too.

I may in the future.

47 minutes ago, Alpha_star said:

I'd like you to include some non-american aircrafts, maybe just because I want more fractions to play around with.

More clear pics of American aircraft to work from. I try to get many different angles and combine with their Wikipedia stats.

The F-16s are almost ready.

14 hours ago, ColdJ said:

I may in the future.

More clear pics of American aircraft to work from. I try to get many different angles and combine with their Wikipedia stats.

The F-16s are almost ready.

Can you release it today? (Maybe tomorrow for you)

22 minutes ago, Alpha_star said:

Can you release it today? (Maybe tomorrow for you)

I am up to the tidying up stage. Hopefully in less than 6 hours. I am releasing them as a supplemental, a mod that requires this mod. That way people don't have to re-download everything.

2 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

I am up to the tidying up stage. Hopefully in less than 6 hours. I am releasing them as a supplemental, a mod that requires this mod. That way people don't have to re-download everything.

And I'm currently loading up my F18 with...photon torpedos.

https://imgur.com/a/TcORasu

Here you go!