Save KSP 2 petition

4 minutes ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

Money would save it, not a petition. 
Are you looking to buy it twice in the current state and with the current not so positive and uncertain future?

I honestly don't think even money would save it (if it is indeed dead). The only thing that 'saves' Kerbal Space Program at this point is for the IP, the game progress to be handed off to someone else.

1 minute ago, Infinite Aerospace said:

I honestly don't think even money would save it (if it is indeed dead). The only thing that 'saves' Kerbal Space Program at this point is for the IP, the game progress to be handed off to someone else.

What I meant to say is if it suddenly sold better surely T2 wouldn’t pull the plug, which would save it, in the current form. 

If we’re taking really saving it like really turning it in a highly acclaimed sequel instead of the disgrace it is today, then yes, the team needs to change a lot or replaced entirely with people that “get EA” and actually care and, very importantly, are competent. 

6 hours ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

What I meant to say is if it suddenly sold better surely T2 wouldn’t pull the plug, which would save it, in the current form.

Unfortunately, that's not likely the case. I made this argument in another thread and I'll repeat it here, but its not just about it making money right here and now, but the publisher expectation of when they can stop funding development for this and shift resources. Short of the game becoming the next minecraft in sales volume, the beancounters need to have both good sales projections, and good termination of development projections to run the math to see if the project is worthwhile. KSP2 has five to seven years of development time under its belt, depending on how you count any pre-announcement production, and is in an extremely lackluster output position for being such a matured product. 

Manpower to run all these projects is a limited resource as much as money is. If KSP2 is turning into a complete timesink for X revenue, but if you could generate the same revenue instead by allocating that headcount to a different project and do so in a more predictable time window, its far easier to keep approval for that.

Regardless of what will come of this I think the community needs to come together and show support for this series, it's probably our last shot to at least be heard.

This is equivalent to screaming into a void - utterly pointless 

3 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

Regardless of what will come of this I think the community needs to come together and show support for this series, it's probably our last shot to at least be heard.

Come back to ksp1, if you don't have the breaking ground dlc, buy it, continue making mods

3 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

Come back to ksp1, if you don't have the breaking ground dlc, buy it,

T2's gonna be right pleased if they notice even a small spike in profits after laying off so many people :D

2 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

T2's gonna be right pleased if they notice even a small spike in profits after laying off so many people :D

And the profits come from the work of a team that delivered a successful product, not from a team that failed miserably.

T2 will appreciate the original creators of KSP more

6 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

Community has already been heard in the way that matters most: poor reviews, weak sales, and almost nobody who owns it playing it.

On 5/2/2024 at 11:32 PM, TechieV said:

Hello!

This is a petition to keep KSP 2, started by Tim C Kerman. If you want, please sign! Link: https://chng.it/BJ22YfWDHv

TechieV

Buddy, I love your optimism, but the way all of this was handled since 7 years ago shows you how much the developers/publishers care about us. They’d wipe their ass with the petition if we hand delivered a printed copy to them to save $ on toilet paper. Make no mistake.