can we please stop fighting?

Posted (edited)

I don't care what side you're on, I'm just sick of the fighting people have been getting into with relation to newest developments relating to KSP2. I dread whenever I get a notification from the forum now. It is making everyone involved less happy. for frickityfrack's sake please just allow yourself to post aboutsomething else

Edited by LittleBitMore

OP is expressing a wish that forum members be nicer to each other. I don't know why that's being interpreted as a request to stop criticizing the game or its makers. 

Posted (edited)

For the most part, this is one of the most civil forums that I've participated in. I think that most here, are relatively high caliber people, with interesting knowledge and opinions to share. Sure, there are a few persistent jerks, but I've noticed, that the best way to deal with them is to ignore them. Also, given the situation, it is to be expected that emotions are running high, but that will subside. Fortunately, we have some good moderators here, who tend to exercise a fair amount of leeway, but also tend to know when to draw the line.

Edited by Observe

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, LittleBitMore said:

I don't care what side you're on, I'm just sick of the fighting people have been getting into with relation to newest developments relating to KSP2. I dread whenever I get a notification from the forum now. It is making everyone involved less happy. for frickityfrack's sake please just allow yourself to post aboutsomething else

Spend some time in the KSP1 modding forums for positivity. BDB and Tantares, two of my favorite parts mods, are getting fresh bursts of activity and art refreshes. The overall mood in both threads is consistently good even when those teams are taking breaks. It's even better now seeing all the new improved parts, related discussions about space program history, etc.

The KSP2 forums are negative because [reasons]. I'm still very interested in those discussions because learning about others' problems helps me avoid repeating the same problems.

Edited by DeadJohn

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

OP is expressing a wish that forum members be nicer to each other. I don't know why that's being interpreted as a request to stop criticizing the game or its makers. 

Several of us have been asking for this since EA launch, but instead got labeled as haters or doomers over our view of the game.  And it is hard to look at this thread knowing our pleas over the last year were all but ignored.

Edited by Scarecrow71

34 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

Its much more pleasant to be around here with people making jokes as opposed to people trying to snipe at every little thing that irks them

This forum isn't a fun place and is filled with the same handful of users tiredly arguing about the most useless things in an endless cycle. Go to any relatively active thread, you'll find them! Reading this forum is like watching a dog chase it's tail until it dies of exhaustion.

I hope that after June 28th this portion of the forum will be gone forever, the name "Nate Simpson" is never heard again, and we all go back to playing KSP... or doing anything else more productive with our lives than discuss the same 5 points about a failed video game.

Strongly agree. I've been avoiding the forums all together; even the KSP1 sections. Anyways I'm going to go back to avoiding the forums again until there's actual news. Back to replaying KSP1 again till then~

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.