KSC Enhanced

Posted (edited)

KSC Enhanced is a simple upgrade to the Kerbal Space Center!

The Kerbal Space Center always felt barren and small, the KSC Extended mod is great but was too big for my liking, however I had no reason to remake/enhance the KSC. However, due to the sad news about KSP 2 I decided it would be a good idea to make a more enhanced KSC that felt somewhat like the KSC in KSP2 but wasn't an exact replica. This is where my mod/addition to the game KSC Enhanced comes into play.

This mod adds a few structures, a new runway, and a few more launchpads. This mod was meant for Sandbox or Science mode, however still works with career mode, just looks odd (might change later).
Additionally, the mod will get extensions when I feel like implementing them :P

Features Include:
- Two New Launchpads
- An Extra Runway
- Must Purchase Runways / Launchpads in Career Mode
- Seemingly  Occupied Look

Requirements:
- Kerbal Konstructs
- Omega's Stockalike Structures
- Tundra's Space Center
- Module Manager

Compatible Mods
- Blackrack's Deferred Rendering
- JNSQ
- Research Bodies (This mod implements its own structure, KSC Enhanced works with it).

Conflictions:
- Other KSC Replacers/Additions
- RSS (Real Solar System) {Unknown reason, can't fix right now}

Bugs:
- Bumpy roads/terrain (This is due to the positioning tool Kerbal Konstructs uses, its not 100% precise; however, do report large bumps or floating/clipping parts)
- Secondary runway discoloration (This is only at the end of the runway. This is more noticeable in JNSQ and/or with Deferred Rendering. No known fix yet)

Plans:
- Improving Taxi-ways. Current  taxi-ways are made with enlarged roads, looks kinda weird.
- Decoration. (Trees, vehicles, etc).

Installation:
Space Dock

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Feel free to report issues!
Suggestions/ideas are welcome! I will consider implementing them if provided.

Modder's Note:
Modding for me is a major hobby. I upload mods if I believe others would like said mods.
I take in suggestions and work on the mods, but never have solid update dates/times.
I typically update when I can and if there are issues I will inform the userbase.
Otherwise, thanks for installing/supporting this mod.

License:
KSC Enhanced is provided under the MIT license.

Spoiler

HtkZlJg.png
WCB6obH.png
EH0yyOP.jpeg
cymebid.jpegV1dIprt.jpegOhwXVzF.jpegbHi346Y.jpeg

Edited by MiraZaWitch
Implemented modder's notes.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, MYKori_Rosales said:

This is so Nice! But This wasn't compatible with Parallax when I tried to Install it. :)

Dang, I was trying to avoid interference with parallax as best as I could. Any specific location that was affected? Stock Kerbin?
Let me know! I can try to fix it or update it in any way!

9 hours ago, MiraZaWitch said:

Dang, I was trying to avoid interference with parallax as best as I could. Any specific location that was affected? Stock Kerbin?
Let me know! I can try to fix it or update it in any way!

Yep, I have stock Kerbin.

Edit: When I loaded my save, it's still the OG KSC.

Edited by MYKori_Rosales
Added problem and reason

9 hours ago, MYKori_Rosales said:

Edit: When I loaded my save, it's still the OG KSC

I shall dink around with it and if I come across anything will attempt a fix. Maybe there is an incompatibility somewhere that I missed :/

On 7/18/2024 at 3:31 AM, MYKori_Rosales said:

Edit: When I loaded my save, it's still the OG KSC.

I messed around a bit and could not find any conflict with parallax that would prevent the KSC from spawning. Could you DM me so we can solve it that way?

Hi @MiraZaWitch - I'm working on the backlog of CKAN pull requests.  The spacedock link on this one is invalid - is this PR no longer relevant? https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/10081

Umm...yeah I don't really understand what's goin g on with all these PRs.  This one is identical? https://spacedock.info/mod/3654/KSC Enhanced

If the same mod works for both stock and JNSQ then you don't need to have two mods on spacedock/ckan.  Ideally you're using MM patches to toggle anything based on what planet pack is installed.

I think I'd suggest using KSCEnhanced as the base mod on spacedock and delete the JNSQ one.  I think maybe that's what you intended since it looks like the most recent PR was meant to set that up.  Is that right?

OK, I think I've got everything set up using this PR: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/10082/files

If that looks OK to you, just let me know and I'll merge it.  But since this wasn't straightforward I'll hold off until I hear from you.

Edited by JonnyOThan

That's really cool.  Nice work MiraZaWitch!

@MYKori_Rosales: out of curiosity, did you use CKAN to install it?  Just want to verify that everything's working OK.  Mistakes often get made when first adding mods to CKAN, but they're easy to fix if people report them.

17 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

That's really cool.  Nice work MiraZaWitch!

@MYKori_Rosales: out of curiosity, did you use CKAN to install it?  Just want to verify that everything's working OK.  Mistakes often get made when first adding mods to CKAN, but they're easy to fix if people report them.

Eh No, I just reinstalled it manually. This is because when I first tried to reinstall it, it wasn't working due to my Parallax mod, so I reinstalled it via the SpaceDock Link.