Stock(ish) Chinese Longmarch-2F

3 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Where did it go? 

This one carried a Chang'e-4 style probe to the moon. I took one of the beefy near future probe cores and put a rover on top of it with some robotic ramps for it to drive down. Kind of like the real thing but with a stockish twist.

On 8/22/2024 at 4:51 PM, Vanamonde said:

Give pics. :)

Here you go. Had to launch a whole new one and almost forgot. The ramp isn't yet long enough so it's a 50/50 chance the rover won't flip over.

fIxNMj5.jpegNvxyNVi.jpegG1Yzaj0.jpeg

5 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Nice. :) I like probes. 

I used to be real big into part packs like BDB and tantares. The problem with them is that while they are absolutely amazing I always felt like they limit you in your creativity. It just seems more fun trying to make something work and look cool in a stockish environment. Especially once I figured out how to essentially color parts with conformal decals. I wonder if there is a easier way to color them. 

8 hours ago, Obermufti said:

I wonder if there is a easier way to color them. 

Actually, there is.

You can use this one for more basic recolors, like how you made the nose cones the dark blue.

This one's for much more advanced recolor options. You can instead recolor specific parts of the textures, and mix and match colors to your liking.

2 hours ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

Actually, there is.

You can use this one for more basic recolors, like how you made the nose cones the dark blue.

This one's for much more advanced recolor options. You can instead recolor specific parts of the textures, and mix and match colors to your liking.

Oh dude if this makes it so I can recolor those black SAS modules I might just have a stroke. Thanks man! 

Actually you aren't supposed to use Restock alongside with TURD. But considering you also used Restock+ it would make sense if you'd use some procedural parts and recolor them via TU.