[1.12] Van's KSC [0.21]

On 8/31/2024 at 2:28 AM, SheepDog2142 said:

Would there be a way to a setting to turn it on or off in a config? It would suck to loose all the trees and details.

I doubt that is doable without making the user manipulate some files, but I'll try making that outline nonetheless. To think about it, there is nothing about mapdecals that should be requiring constant computational power.

12 hours ago, SheepDog2142 said:

I know your working on JNSQ but after that can I request KSRSS?

Sure, that is in the todo list as well. Hoping that once I figure the proper way to align the KSC with one homeswitch, it won't take too long with all the others.

Currently starting the university, so I'm a bit short on free time. Sorry if this all is taking a bit too long.

1 minute ago, vanlaukaus said:

I doubt that is doable without making the user manipulate some files, but I'll try making that outline nonetheless. To think about it, there is nothing about mapdecals that should be requiring constant computational power.

Sure, that is in the todo list as well. Hoping that once I figure the proper way to align the KSC with one homeswitch, it won't take too long with all the others.

Currently starting the university, so I'm a bit short on free time. Sorry if this all is taking a bit too long.

There is no timeline on mod development. get to it when you have time. Just glad to see such a good KSC mod.

@vanlaukaus since you dont have this on git hub ill just shove the code here. This will make it work with KSRSS. Changing it to @STATIC:NEEDS[RealSolarSystem] will make it work with RSS

@STATIC:NEEDS[KSRSS]
{
    @Instances,*:HAS[#CelestialBody[Kerbin]]
    {
        @CelestialBody = Earth
    }
}

@Kopernicus:NEEDS[KSRSS]:FOR[VansKSC]
{
    @Body[Kerbin]
    {
        @SpaceCenter
        {
            @radius = 9000 // 1500
        }
    }
}

Additionally if we find a good spot this sets the location. Also getting the offset and map deformity right is tricky to have the ksc not float or sink.

@Kopernicus
{
    @Body[Earth]
    {

@SpaceCenter 
        {
            @latitude = 28.5233993
            @longitude = -80.6531998
            @repositionRadiusOffset = 0

// fix heightmap flatspot for ksc
            @heightMapDeformity = 0 //80
            @radius = 100 // 10000
        }
    }
}

Edited by SheepDog2142

1 minute ago, vanlaukaus said:

Thank you! It looks like this only moves the default KSC though, not my custom group. Or am I getting something wrong?

It might I am not sure. I know it works with KSC enhanced but id im still working on testing it myslef.

10 minutes ago, SheepDog2142 said:

Thats progress for sure! Is that on a 2.5x scaled kerbin or KSRSS?

JNSQ Kerbin. It is now positioned and aligned properly, but there are floating roads, trees and antennae. JNSQ KSC's default runway also has some nasty inclination, leading to new structures not aligning properly with it. Finally, the grass colors are terribly off and the pier is submerged in the ground...

Spoiler

PEWz7pBQRwk.jpg?size=2560x1440&quality=9

Sigh.

I've been working with JNSQ all this time because I already have it conveniently installed. Looks like it is time to try and make it work in KSRSS instead. Should I use Reborn or the legacy version?

8 minutes ago, vanlaukaus said:

JNSQ Kerbin. It is now positioned and aligned properly, but there are floating roads, trees and antennae. JNSQ KSC's default runway also has some nasty inclination, leading to new structures not aligning properly with it. Finally, the grass colors are terribly off and the pier is submerged in the ground...

Reveal hidden contents

PEWz7pBQRwk.jpg?size=2560x1440&quality=9

Sigh.

I've been working with JNSQ all this time because I already have it conveniently installed. Looks like it is time to try and make it work in KSRSS instead. Should I use Reborn or the legacy version?

Reborn is the way to go.  Feel free to add me on discord and Ill help any way i can.
Release version: https://gitlab.com/ksrss/KSRSS/-/tree/GameData?ref_type=heads
Earth Experimental Version: https://gitlab.com/ksrss/KSRSS/-/tree/EarthHomeWorld?ref_type=heads

JNSQ is problematic because it dosent like to play nice with anything so its extremely limited.

Edited by SheepDog2142

17 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I haven't looked at your pack yet, but are you using decals to flatten the terrain you're building on?

Yeah. For stock, a decal is used only for removing Parallax scatters around the center. For JNSQ, I actually had to do some flattening.

Ok Van I think I can get you most of they way there. This is on KSRSS Earth the home world but its the same as KSRSS. The only difference is the celestial body that it points to is Earth instead of Kerbin.

Space Center needs this config patch to place it in the correct spot:
@Kopernicus:NEEDS[KSRSS]
{
    @Body[Kerbin]
    {
        @SpaceCenter
        {

@latitude = 28.899231511804359
            @longitude = -80.959375910434431
            @radius = 9000 // 1500
        }
    }
}

You VanKSC group needs this to be in roughly the correct location:

KK_GroupCenter
{
    Group = VansKSC
    CelestialBody = Kerbin
    Orientation = 0,1,0
    RadiusOffset = 6.91943789
    Heading = 75.0064087
    ModelScale = 1
    SeaLevelAsReference = False
    RefLatitude = 29.009112350322624
    RefLongitude = -80.9932967945103
}

I am currently working on the floating/sunken ksc issues and once thats good ill work on building placement to make sure everything lines up with KSRSS.

FW1RAor.png

Edited by SheepDog2142

Ok i have your space center working fully on KSRSS and its not floating anymore. I did some light adjustments to runways and stuff so they are not going directly into the ground but more tweaking is needed for it to be as good as you had it before. Also the dock just has to be moved forward. 

The KSC is moved from its stock KSRSS location so that way the dock can be made workable. 

Yps7Z3J.pngtXFIPSc.png

Edited by SheepDog2142

Is it just me? 

Or do I seem to have an issue where I have to go into the KK menu and click on every single static to get them to appear, it will work throughout the game but when I have to relaunch the game, I have to go back into the KK menu and click on every single one to make them appear again.

10 hours ago, YeaiMakeMods said:

Is it just me? 

Or do I seem to have an issue where I have to go into the KK menu and click on every single static to get them to appear, it will work throughout the game but when I have to relaunch the game, I have to go back into the KK menu and click on every single one to make them appear again.

This happened to me too, there were errors in the logs from Ordinary Konstruction mod, after deleting it, everything works.