[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

I have a suggestion for Kerbal Alarm Clock:

Dynamic alarm margins.

I like to keep the automatic margins for maneuver nodes short (1m margin), but it's bothersome when I have a maneuver node that's going to take longer than 2 minutes to execute. Is there any chance there could be a setting for maneuver nodes that considers your craft's maximum acceleration and the delta-V for the node to set an appropriate length margin, plus some buffer time?

now that we can time warp at the space center and at the tracking station would it be possible to add alarms at those screens, especially when it comes to going to other planets eg an alarm for planets transfer window. Another possible idea would be to select a craft from the tracking station (but not fly the craft) and then add an alarm to it.

now that we can time warp at the space center and at the tracking station would it be possible to add alarms at those screens,

Seconded. I'd like to be able to create my asteroid warning alarms as soon as I discover they're on a collision course with Kerbin, rather than having to switch to an in-flight mission first.

I recently updated this plugin to the newest version and noticed that I can now have an alarm to continuously repeat after a set amount of time. Thankyou very much for adding that in!!! I completely forgot that I requested that, so it was a very nice surprise!! It works great and is super useful! Thankyou again!!

I would like to say that of the many excellent mods (too many, really) I run with, this is the one mod I could not do without. I frequently forget it's not stock.

The only thing I would like to see different is an alarm for a given altitude, for aerobraking. Although as I type this I'm thinking I could probably manage that by selecting the planet as my target and then using the nearest approach option set for when I'll next come within x kms. So, never mind. Your work is perfect and should be stock.

now that we can time warp at the space center and at the tracking station would it be possible to add alarms at those screens, especially when it comes to going to other planets eg an alarm for planets transfer window. Another possible idea would be to select a craft from the tracking station (but not fly the craft) and then add an alarm to it.
Seconded. I'd like to be able to create my asteroid warning alarms as soon as I discover they're on a collision course with Kerbin, rather than having to switch to an in-flight mission first.

This will be in v3, no ETAs though

KAC is even more valuable since KSP saves nodes by itself - switching between crafts leaves me with multiple nodes sometimes - so reloading the one I planned and saved in an alarm comes in handy once more!

Although I would like to know where this problem comes from.

The only thing I would like to see different is an alarm for a given altitude, for aerobraking. Although as I type this I'm thinking I could probably manage that by selecting the planet as my target and then using the nearest approach option set for when I'll next come within x kms. .

Add alarm -> Select the icon between AN/DN and SOI change -> Click "Target Distance" radial button.

It will show you multiple choices: Your current target if you have one, the planet you're orbiting and the next celestial (didn't check for more) if there's a change of SOI. when you select a body with atmo, it'll show the atmo height and you can "set to edge" or any other value.

Tried looking at it a while ago, and its a fair bit of maths to work out the estimated burn time. I do have it on my list of things to look at again when I'm bored, but am focusing on reworking some stuff at the moment

I don't know anything about the modding APIs, but can you get the estimated burn time from the maneuver node?

Tried looking at it a while ago, and its a fair bit of maths to work out the estimated burn time. I do have it on my list of things to look at again when I'm bored, but am focusing on reworking some stuff at the moment

Trigger Au, I don't know what step of the process you're looking at, but if you've already got the delta-v, know your overall thrust and your aggregate Isp, burn time is this:

initialMass / massFlow * (Math.Exp(deltaV * massFlow / thrust) - 1d)

I don't know anything about the modding APIs, but can you get the estimated burn time from the maneuver node?
Trigger Au, I don't know what step of the process you're looking at, but if you've already got the delta-v, know your overall thrust and your aggregate Isp, burn time is this:

initialMass / massFlow * (Math.Exp(deltaV * massFlow / thrust) - 1d)

Thanks guys, I can get the DeltaV from the ManeuverNode, but working out the massFlow and Thrust are the two that I struggled with. There is now an object that shows the navballestimated burn time, but that is throttle dependant and sometimes not calculated till you start burning (and the thrust can be measured I assume to cater to off axis thrust). I'll probably be asking for some help when I get to that stuff :)

I searched the thread for "import" and came up with two posts on the first page. Has any work or thought gone into giving the user the ability to import a large block of UT times and alarm names? This would be great for inputting like ten years of transfer alarms at a time. Failing that, I suppose just editing the alarm config would do the trick, is there a special format/file I need to look at?

I looked through the thread because I remembered people talking about transfer windows and times being weird after the update, but I don't see this specific thing. If it's been addressed, I apologize. I'm using 2.7.3.0 on a fresh KSP 0.23.5 install with a few other mods that I list below.

KAC said I should transfer from Kerbin to Eve on Year 2, day 124. This matches AlexMoon's calculator. However, when the alarm told me I was done it was year 2, day 80. Sadly I do not have video proof of that alarm happening but I did just hit time warp on the launch pad until it was done. You can see it for about the 20 seconds after 8:40 in this youtube video.

I'm trying to recreate it but may not be able to tonight.

Edited by 5thHorseman

Can I make a feature request? I would like the ability to add alarms from either the tracking station and/or the Space Center Scene. I think it would be useful for planning for planetary transfers.

I'm gonna start a v3 dev thread shortly and this will be one of the items on there as I want to know what type of alarms people are after - just getting used to Github so I can move my code as part of the change.

I searched the thread for "import" and came up with two posts on the first page. Has any work or thought gone into giving the user the ability to import a large block of UT times and alarm names? This would be great for inputting like ten years of transfer alarms at a time. Failing that, I suppose just editing the alarm config would do the trick, is there a special format/file I need to look at?

yeah, currently no way to do this, but v3 will have an API, I'm hoping this would mean things like KSPTot could create alarms via their mod then and similar

I looked through the thread because I remembered people talking about transfer windows and times being weird after the update, but I don't see this specific thing. If it's been addressed, I apologize. I'm using 2.7.3.0 on a fresh KSP 0.23.5 install with a few other mods that I list below.

KAC said I should transfer from Kerbin to Eve on Year 2, day 124. This matches AlexMoon's calculator. However, when the alarm told me I was done it was year 2, day 80. Sadly I do not have video proof of that alarm happening but I did just hit time warp on the launch pad until it was done. You can see it for about the 20 seconds after 8:40 in this youtube video.

I'm trying to recreate it but may not be able to tonight.

Just from looking at the numbers I;m gonna guess that I'm still displaying earth time or something like that there. I'll have a play with that myself soon and get back to you

I have a little problem with Kerbal Alarm Clock: Every day has just 5 hours, then a new one is counted. That's slightly misleading, I think. I have already tried to delete and reinstall the mod, but that leads to no solution.

love your work!

was wondering if there are any audio options for each alarm. not having separate sound options, i mean, just when the alarm is active, having an audio indicator play along side the alarm prompt.

thanks for all your work! can't play without your useful additions ..

(KSP Alternate Resource Panel is also a must have!)

Edited by PizzaMore
sp.error

love your work!

was wondering if there are any audio options for each alarm. not having separate sound options, i mean, just when the alarm is active, having an audio indicator play along side the alarm prompt.

thanks for all your work! can't play without your useful additions ..

(KSP Alternate Resource Panel is also a must have!)

I plan to bring the alarm audio stuff to KAC with version 3. I'm trying my best to learn GIT so I can get them into GITHUB and then can release an alpha version of v3

With ARM out could you implement a feature that allows me to set an alarm for when asteroids change SOI into kerbin? It would be helpful for when I'm doing other missions but I don't want to miss an asteroid that's going to hit kerbin.

With ARM out could you implement a feature that allows me to set an alarm for when asteroids change SOI into kerbin? It would be helpful for when I'm doing other missions but I don't want to miss an asteroid that's going to hit kerbin.

Tis on the list yes, I'm working at migrating all my source to GitHub at the moment, but this one is defn on the cards

I love this plugin, but something the maximize mode does weird.

This is the maximized mode:

http://i.imgur.com/VZE0Cus.png

This is the minimized mode:

http://i.imgur.com/QEoxwaH.png

Is this a know bug?

Its because of the wrapped text. The math that calcs the window size only calcs one line of space per alarm. I've tried a few times at reworking the math, but keep screwing it up so back I go. I'll have another crack at this one - it bugs me too :)

So to follow up with more of update. I've spent the last 3-4 weeks working on all my backend stuff - moving code and history to GitHub, working out where to host mods, testing and all the boring stuff. I think I finally got to the end of that and I can get back to actual coding :)

Now that I have that sorted I can progress on v3 a bit more in parallel with some other v2 stuff. I plan to fire off a "Dev" thread for v3 so people who are interested can suggest/play/test it , but if anyone wants to see whats in the list for work and stuff I've created GitHub Issues for all the stuff I've collected to look at from threads, PM's, etc.

Now to work out ohw to find the time to do it all :wink: