[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

• 2 weeks later...

Possible Bug. I built a heavy lander version of the Gemini and attached it to a Centaur booster with additional fuel tank (I tried the small atlas style as well as a small 2.5m from KW. Mounted this atop a modified Titan IIIc (added RD191 from Bobcat's Soviet Engines pack) EVERY launch has a separation at the joint at the top of the Centaur. Altitude always is between 5km and 15km in various speeds/accelerations/g-loads. I have even launched with just the SRBs lifting.... I HAVE removed the tank atop centaur so the capsule and it's FASA decoupler themselves are on the Centaur tank.... Same issue. Is there a strength issue with the Centaur in the latest release? For grins I made a 4 stage Titan with stages 2/3/4 all being Centaurs. Catastrophic failure on each launch attempt (would immediately break on spawn.)

Any thoughts/help/suggestions?

Thanks in Advance and for the great work!

Possible Bug. I built a heavy lander version of the Gemini and attached it to a Centaur booster with additional fuel tank (I tried the small atlas style as well as a small 2.5m from KW. Mounted this atop a modified Titan IIIc (added RD191 from Bobcat's Soviet Engines pack) EVERY launch has a separation at the joint at the top of the Centaur. Altitude always is between 5km and 15km in various speeds/accelerations/g-loads. I have even launched with just the SRBs lifting.... I HAVE removed the tank atop centaur so the capsule and it's FASA decoupler themselves are on the Centaur tank.... Same issue. Is there a strength issue with the Centaur in the latest release? For grins I made a 4 stage Titan with stages 2/3/4 all being Centaurs. Catastrophic failure on each launch attempt (would immediately break on spawn.)

Any thoughts/help/suggestions?

Thanks in Advance and for the great work!

Open up the .cfg and add these lines in under crashTolerance = 8

breakingForce = 160
breakingTorque = 160

Should help

Do you have any tips on using the Big G as a crew transport vehicle, for ferrying crew to spce stations? I can't seem to find a good spot for attaching fuel tanks and engines.

Attach the Big g to a 2m tank, its almost the right size for it. Or you can put the Big G docking bay on and the 3.75m adapter on it. Its big so it takes a lot to get it up. Also it only really goes with gemini so its hard to fit it onto other craft.

So it isn't intended for use Orion-style? I mean, I put the gemini on a big G compartment, then the docking adapter, and then I add radial fuel tanks. Maybe I should just CFG edit some bigger fuel tanks into the docking thingy.

Could you make Big Gemini for the Titan 3G launcher?

bigaltcf.jpg

It'd only take an alternative, cylindrical cargo/fuel section (probably looking much like a stretched Gemini Fuel Pack), a Big G-style docking port with a 2.5m mount (could be combined with cargo section or not) and an adapter/decoupler.

Amazing work. Looks really cool. The flag looks a bit thick though; stands out too much. Perhaps you could make it thinner or if possible make it a one-sided surface (not sure if that's possible in Unity)?

Its sitting on top of the model, Its thick so it doesn't z fight with the mesh underneath when you zoom out some. I could cut a hole in the model but then you would get sparkles where the edges where close but not welded to the mesh.

It doesn't look great but it was the least bad looking of the 3 options.

Would it be possible to release a version without? Nothing fancy, just a folder with the models so that those who want the non-flag ones can switch it themselves.

agreed it would be nice to have a choice, also fizz have you changed the order you're doing things in or did this this just get done first for some reason?

Weird, I thought people would love the whole custom flag on the side.

I don't want to included two versions, the mod is already huge. But if no one wants it I will just git rid of it....

Pre-release if any one would like to give it a spin.

Unzip it in your GameData/FASA/Mercury directory.

http://www./download/bcinq50ehi5ozke/FASA_Mercury_Pod.zip

Edited by frizzank

Awesome Mercury. Does it have RCS? There should be 4 of them in the nose (pitch and yaw) and 4 in the rear (roll).

Use NovaPunch, they have tons of 3.75m parts. I did the art for that one as well, and they fit nicely with FASA.

It's not that I don't have a Saturn I. It's that I'd like to have a Titan-launched version of Big Gemini. Also, a 2.5m version of Big G docking port would come in handy regardless. With that in place, the rest of the SM could be literally made out of a stretched fuel pack.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.