[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

So uh...

http://i.imgur.com/2MiumNM.png

My Apollo Command Module will no longer load. Heres my debug log: www.dropbox.com/s/arqjioi4xpkcrij/Player.log?dl=0

You seem to have a lot of mods installed. You might be crashing due to the RAM limit. Of course, it might also be something else. Can you put the log on pastebin?

A right click menu should be showing up, do other right click menus show up? If not something else may be wrong. Try F2 to bring your hud back up.

Posted a small update to fix the docking bug with the Gemini Nosecones.

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/27/FASA

Yea all other right-click menus work except the launch towers in both flight and the VAB. I'll post logs asap.

I have not made a united states version of the lettering, but it has been requested a few times. Its an easy thing on my side to do I just need to set it up and have a download for it that makes it easily replaceable. United and Kerbal have the same number of letters....

Frizzank, Have you had an opportunity to create the download for the United States lettering for the launch vehicles and capsules? FASA is the only mod I use and would LOVE to have the already realistic vehicles look even more so. Thank you in advance.

Regards, Marc

Hi all, I'm really new to this whole world.. as in I just downloaded KSP a week ago.. Today I downloaded the FASA mod and am having a slight problem with it: None of the capsules (other than the LEM) have appeared in the VAB. Anyone know if I did something wrong? I already tried deleting it and re downloading it.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Luke

Did you put the folder marked 'FASA' into 'GameData'? The folders in the KSP root folder marked 'Parts', 'Plugins' etc. are redundant now. Hope this helps.

Yeah, only a select number of things show up: the LEM and a few rocket parts. No saved designs, no capsules... nothing

Any other suggestions?

Good Evening, Is there any way to add helmets to the Mercury and Gemini Crews?

Thanks

I know there is some mod out there that allows you to do this. Can't remember what it's called, though. Also, it might be out of date by this point.

Yeah, only a select number of things show up: the LEM and a few rocket parts. No saved designs, no capsules... nothing

Any other suggestions?

Fallow the instructions on the first page, it works every time.

If you want to add/remove the helmets your going to have to open up the internal.cfg and edit some lines

Go into "\GameData\FASA\Spaces" and in the Mercury and Gemini folders open up the internal.cfg with any text editor.

Change the line "allowCrewHelmet = false"

to "allowCrewHelmet = true"

Save the file and then reload the game.

What part do i need to decouple the Atlas from the Agena? Im using RO and all the decouplers i have seem to have a purpose for eveything, but that. Either that or i just couldnt find it..

RO stuff goes in the RO thread. However, in saying that, try one of the standard FASA black decouplers. If you have Tweakscale, you should be able to change its size to fit requirements.

I have a very strange problem.

I installed the FASA Launch Clamp & Tower mod, and have been playing using it for a couple of weeks now.

I went to uninstall it (I use CKAN) because I'm trying to reduce the memory footprint of the game, and when I went back into the game, I got some very strange behaviour. For example, I would go into the Mission Control, select a contract, and when I click the button at top right to go back to the main screen, it wouldn't leave, but it would show the toolbar along with some icons/buttons on it. The buttons seems to work, but I couldn't get out of the Mission Control screen.

I finally had to kill the program, reinstall FASA and then it worked ok.

So, it seems that FASA is screwing with the save file somehow. Any ideas as to what it's doing, and how to uninstall it safely?

Thanks in advance

I have a very strange problem.

I installed the FASA Launch Clamp & Tower mod, and have been playing using it for a couple of weeks now.

I went to uninstall it (I use CKAN) because I'm trying to reduce the memory footprint of the game, and when I went back into the game, I got some very strange behaviour. For example, I would go into the Mission Control, select a contract, and when I click the button at top right to go back to the main screen, it wouldn't leave, but it would show the toolbar along with some icons/buttons on it. The buttons seems to work, but I couldn't get out of the Mission Control screen.

I finally had to kill the program, reinstall FASA and then it worked ok.

So, it seems that FASA is screwing with the save file somehow. Any ideas as to what it's doing, and how to uninstall it safely?

Thanks in advance

screwing with your save file, how? Can we get some pictures?

FASA comes with its own agency and its own randomly generated missions. Also some stock missions may use FASA parts. So you would have to cancel all your contracts before you removed FASA.

Also I don't support CKAN if someone else does you will have to take it up with them....

FASA comes with its own agency and its own randomly generated missions. Also some stock missions may use FASA parts. So you would have to cancel all your contracts before you removed FASA.

Also I don't support CKAN if someone else does you will have to take it up with them....

Ok. so I assume it is the contracts, but I only installed the Clamps & Towers mod, not anything else.

Do I need to cancel ALL contracts?

I also looked at the directory, and it only seems to use about 5-6 meg of space. If I delete all the PNG files, will that be safe, especially if I don't use the parts?

On the CKAN side, your mods are on kerbalstuff.com, and CKAN polls that for information. If you would contact them, I think you would only need to add 1 file for full CKAN support.

Thanks in advance.

I do not support CKAN and I don't claim to. Kerbal stuff is a hosting site for FASA as a download and that's all. If you want to use a 3rd party app that is between you and the app.

I try to keep FASA as bug free as possible but I cannot guarantee that your save game will continue to function after you have installed it, played for a bit, and then uninstall it. Your game should work but your save game probably won't.

If your save game is important to you then you should have a separate install for trying out mods. That way you can see if you like them and don't risk messing up your save game.

I also cant help or fix your install if start deleting files from it. I am not sitting at your computer, I can't see what you did and did not do.

If there is a specific part you want removed then delete the entire folder for that object. Many parts share textures and just deleting a texture is a bad idea. If you need memory use one of the texture reduction mods that's out there, they work much better than deleting a few parts.

If you have a problem with your game then use the instructions on the first page for fixing it. It works every time.

Ok. so I assume it is the contracts, but I only installed the Clamps & Towers mod, not anything else.

Do I need to cancel ALL contracts?

I also looked at the directory, and it only seems to use about 5-6 meg of space. If I delete all the PNG files, will that be safe, especially if I don't use the parts?

Thanks in advance.

There are several things the contract system looks for and there are stock Contract bugs that can happen if those things are missing: Specific parts that are referenced by contracts, agencies that issued the contract and that agency's flag. All must be present.

And that's not just existing active contracts. That's completed contracts too. Cancelled contracts are not removed but are instead marked cancelled. They remain in the save file so the potential is there for bugs to crop up even if you cancelled before deleting the mod. Bottom line is that any time you remove something that the save file references there is the possibility of bugs in the stock game.

I do not support CKAN and I don't claim to. Kerbal stuff is a hosting site for FASA as a download and that's all. If you want to use a 3rd party app that is between you and the app.

I try to keep FASA as bug free as possible but I cannot guarantee that your save game will continue to function after you have installed it, played for a bit, and then uninstall it. Your game should work but your save game probably won't.

If your save game is important to you then you should have a separate install for trying out mods. That way you can see if you like them and don't risk messing up your save game.

I also cant help or fix your install if start deleting files from it. I am not sitting at your computer, I can't see what you did and did not do.

If there is a specific part you want removed then delete the entire folder for that object. Many parts share textures and just deleting a texture is a bad idea. If you need memory use one of the texture reduction mods that's out there, they work much better than deleting a few parts.

If you have a problem with your game then use the instructions on the first page for fixing it. It works every time.

Frizzank,

I am not trying to start a flame war here, nor am I expecting unusual support. I appreciate a lot all the work that you and the other mod authors do to make the game more enjoyable.

I haven't "deleted" files, I was asking if it was doable, and your answer is what I expected.

I also know and acknowledge that you do not support CKAN. No one is forcing you to, and in fact, it appears that CKAN is working fine by simply grabbing the information from kerbalstuff.com.

I made a suggestion re. CKAN; while I'm sorry that you don't want to do that, I (really!) do understand and accept your decision. While I may disagree with it, I'm not going to belabor the point.

Re. save game being important, nothing is that important that I couldn't just start a new game. I am simply removing those mods which I either never used or no longer use in an effort to save memory. If, as in this case, removing a mod creates a problem with a game, that is ENTIRELY on my head! I asked for help, and between your answer and another from Starwaster, I got an answer I can work with. I wasn't aware about the possibility of completed contracts causing long-term problems until his answer.

FYI, I have just moved the save game onto a 64bit Linux system with 16 gig memory, and the memory problems I was having have gone away.

In summary, if you feel I was attacking or being offensive, please accept my apologies. No offense was intended.

Hay there is no problem at all, from your perspective your just asking a simple and legitimate question. I am sorry if my response seemed harsh. I get a lot of support questions for apps and other mods I have nothing to do with and it wears me down a bit.

Hay there is no problem at all, from your perspective your just asking a simple and legitimate question. I am sorry if my response seemed harsh. I get a lot of support questions for apps and other mods I have nothing to do with and it wears me down a bit.

OK, thanks.

Looks like we are even: No offense given, and no offense taken. Cool!

And again, thanks for a wonderful mod. It really makes my pictures look more realistic (the launch towers)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.