[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Im using the Saturn V from the World Space mod, it looks good (but lacking the FASA touch :-)), for KSP its way overpowered (put Bobcats Mir Core module in Munar orbit using barely any of the 3rd stage fuel, not that im complaining), cant wait to see your take on the big boy Frizzank!!

Its going to feel correct with stock Kerbal, the same way Mercury and Gemini are currently. Basically your not going to be able to go to Jool with the stock Saturn V setup we are going to create. It will get you to the mun and maybe Minmus but that's it. That being said it should scale mostly painlessly to the realistic mods.

DennyTx is already off to an awesome start.

Stage 1 is going to start with Saturn IB and the parts are going to be

Denny's work on the LEM and CSM

And my work

H1 engine

IB engine mounting plate- Fits on the bottom of the fuel tank to mount multiple engines to. This will let you use the engines by themselves or in a cluster of your choosing.

first stage fuel tank

Decoupler

J-2 engine

second stage fuel tank

Instrument Unit

LEM decoupler

CSM fairing

So I'm gone for a single day. A single day!

And then, in the mean time, Frizzank announces that he'll make the Saturn V, the Saturn I-B, and that DennyTx will include not only the LEM but also the CSM in FASA. I mean, what the **** guys? Such levels of awesomeness are dangerous to play around with.

It's awesome, indeed. :) And after the "baseline" hardware, we could have additional stuff. In particular, I hope for RL-10 and associated stages (Centaur variants, S-IV). Also, Saturn V did have a couple of proposed variants, like one with a NERVA-powered upper stage. And of course, there's the Nova, for when even the biggest rocket ever built just doesn't cut it. :)

SWEET!

I know you're down on requests, but: when you make the engines, can you make the bottom dome part of the tank rather than the engine? It'll make using the engine on other tanks/craft *much* simpler.

Also, if it would be possible to, when you scale for KSP, scale in uniform?

OK, back to fanboying. WOOHOO! :)

Are the Saturn parts going to be around 64% size exactly or are they going the 1.25m increase in size route?

If you take an Apollo CSM and scales it to 64 %, it will be exactly 2.5 meters. The 64 % scale is derived from the MK1-2 command pod and the Apollo CSM.

If you take an Apollo CSM and scales it to 64 %, it will be exactly 2.5 meters. The 64 % scale is derived from the MK1-2 command pod and the Apollo CSM.

Thats why I want to know about the Saturn rockets themselves. The S-IVB at 64% is 4.2m which going by the 1.25 scale like Novapunch or KW is closer to 3.75m then 5m parts. But the S-IC and S-II stages are 6.64m and even going by the previous scale are still a massive 6.25m.

Point is I'm just curious what the projected size of this thing will be and if it will he easily compatible with stock or other modded parts size wise. I love the Saturn V and couldn't be more excited it's going to be part of what is already my favorite mod.

It turns out that the Mercury-Atlas in this mod does NOT have the right proportions. IRL, the Mercury pod was 2/3 of the rockets diameter, while in this mod, it is 1/2. I think I'll try to make a cfg edit for this mod that scales it all to 64 % and at the same time makes the proportions correct. Maybe.

I just noteced something odd, I ladded a probe on mun and well I used the gemini landing legs for it, and it sank in the serface

I would send a photo but I dont rember how to take a screan shot

In game press F1 and the screenshot appears in your KSP screenhots folder just where the .exe is.

By the way lander legs always go under the texture of the surface. The legs you were using are quite small. I guess it's just this.

Edited by Reddragon

I just noteced something odd, I ladded a probe on mun and well I used the gemini landing legs for it, and it sank in the serface

I would send a photo but I dont rember how to take a screan shot

Press F1. Also, which legs, the ones from the little 1 man lander, or the ones that retract into the fairings (both black and white versions)?

We know. Frizzank made it this way on purpose.

Yeah, and that has caused us a lot of grief when rescaling it. And even in KSP scale, it looks somewhat off.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.