[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Ok I am a pain in the ass I know. But I finally got it to load without crashing and the textures are perfect but now there is alot of stuff missing. There is alot of stuff missing. No capsules, no launch towers, only the lem stuff loads, the gemini lander, and some mercury propulsion stuff. Nothing else loads. Also if I watch the loading screen carefully in the beginning it looks like the stuff is being loaded but its just not in the game. Also obviously the ships dont load either. Listen these arent complaints fyi. Im just looking for help. Like I said before I got this mod to work for like a half hour and it was glorious. I am not giving up on it and i will keep trying to load it. Just looking for guidance because I know there is something stupid I am probably doing.

ok i realize what your saying i am just asking where is the link/download for that because all i didn't find anything when i searched this thread for the words "texture pack" so can you please point in the right direction and if i am sounding thick sorry.

ok i realize what your saying i am just asking where is the link/download for that because all i didn't find anything when i searched this thread for the words "texture pack" so can you please point in the right direction and if i am sounding thick sorry.

There isn't a link yet but there will be soon and I will post in here - plus it will be a thread in Add on Releases :)

Ok I am a pain in the ass I know. But I finally got it to load without crashing and the textures are perfect but now there is alot of stuff missing. There is alot of stuff missing. No capsules, no launch towers, only the lem stuff loads, the gemini lander, and some mercury propulsion stuff. Nothing else loads. Also if I watch the loading screen carefully in the beginning it looks like the stuff is being loaded but its just not in the game. Also obviously the ships dont load either. Listen these arent complaints fyi. Im just looking for help. Like I said before I got this mod to work for like a half hour and it was glorious. I am not giving up on it and i will keep trying to load it. Just looking for guidance because I know there is something stupid I am probably doing.

If your seeing missing pieces your install of KSP has gotten corrupted somehow, it just my mod, it's just KSP breaking because its still an alpha. Your going to need to start with a clean install of KSP.

Instructions from the front page...

If your upgrading to a new version "You Must" delete the old version of FASA before installing newer versions!

Having older version parts and not deleting them will give you duplicate parts.

If nothing is working or parts are missing, something is seriously broken with KSP

Start with a fresh instal of KSP. If you like you can copy the previous install somewhere else as a backup first.

If your using steam, right click on the name in the library and click delete local files.

Navigate to the steam game directory and verify that the Kerbal space program folder is gone. If it is still there delete it!

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\

After its done double click the Kerbal Space Program name in your list of games and select install.

If its a regular version of KSP. Delete KSP and then re-install it.

You should now have a CLEAN version of stock KSP.

Open the FASA.zip file

Copy all of its content into your main KSP directory. If you put it in the correct spot you should get a confirmation popup asking if you want to overwrite the folders and files. Say YES overwrite all folders and

files.

You should have a clean version of KSP and FASA only.

Run KSP and see if it works.

If it still crashes on load, verify that you have enough free memory to run KSP with mods.

If you have less than 2gb of RAM you are going to need to upgrade your system or install fewer parts.

Please save this thread for posting about FASA, comments about Top Gear should not be discussed in this thread.

I know, I was just wondering how many ppl on this thread watch it, especially the one where they try to turn a Reliant Robin into a space shuttle....

If your seeing missing pieces your install of KSP has gotten corrupted somehow, it just my mod, it's just KSP breaking because its still an alpha. Your going to need to start with a clean install of KSP.

Instructions from the front page...

If your upgrading to a new version "You Must" delete the old version of FASA before installing newer versions!

Having older version parts and not deleting them will give you duplicate parts.

If nothing is working or parts are missing, something is seriously broken with KSP

Start with a fresh instal of KSP. If you like you can copy the previous install somewhere else as a backup first.

If your using steam, right click on the name in the library and click delete local files.

Navigate to the steam game directory and verify that the Kerbal space program folder is gone. If it is still there delete it!

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\

After its done double click the Kerbal Space Program name in your list of games and select install.

If its a regular version of KSP. Delete KSP and then re-install it.

You should now have a CLEAN version of stock KSP.

Open the FASA.zip file

Copy all of its content into your main KSP directory. If you put it in the correct spot you should get a confirmation popup asking if you want to overwrite the folders and files. Say YES overwrite all folders and

files.

You should have a clean version of KSP and FASA only.

Run KSP and see if it works.

If it still crashes on load, verify that you have enough free memory to run KSP with mods.

If you have less than 2gb of RAM you are going to need to upgrade your system or install fewer parts.

Success!!! To be honest with you I don't know exactly what I did. But it works beautifully now and I have zero complaints!

Friizzank, Minor error found. The Subassembly for the Saturn IB has Gemini Wings for it's tail fins.

I think that bug was fixed in one of the recent updates, so make sure that you are using the latest version of FASA.

Old craft files would also cause this..

Your are going to want to update your craft files as in the latest update I moved them to a save game file rather than load them into the stock directory. I would just delete the ones out of the stock directory and copy over the ones you would like to use, Or just start with the fasa savegame.

First off, good to know I didn't kill the forum.

I will admit I might not have copied all the sub-assemblies. I copied on a date modified basis, IE if the date was more than a week before the previous release I didn't copy it.

That being said. With official release I THOUGHT I copied all the sub-assemblies right out of the Zip. Re-downloading now (again.) Will apprise when the game finally starts

Here's something interesting I found. It's the space shuttle on top of a Saturn V.

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/gallery/data/606/Velcro_nuffsaid.jpg

Imagine launching the Mini Shuttle on top of it? It would go all the way to Duna perhaps! This makes me want the Saturn V even more, anyone else have the same effect from the picture?

Another pic of the Shuttle on the Saturn V

http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/s/shusat1c.gif

Edited by GoldForest

Yeah. There was an idea to use the S-IC as a first stage for the Shuttle, effectively eliminating the SRBs, with the Shuttle somehow crossfeeding from it apparrently. I have no idea how in the **** that would work though, as the S-IC is powered by F-1s, which run on Kerolox, not the Hydrolox of the RS-25D SSMEs.

Here's something interesting I found. It's the space shuttle on top of a Saturn V.

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/gallery/data/606/Velcro_nuffsaid.jpg

Imagine launching the Mini Shuttle on top of it? It would go all the way to Duna perhaps! This makes me want the Saturn V even more, anyone else have the same effect from the picture?

Another pic of the Shuttle on the Saturn V

http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/s/shusat1c.gif

Well, the first configuration pictured is NOT a real one... That was created using an addon for the Orbiter Space Flight Simulator called Velcro Rockets. It's a more... complicated version of the way you build rockets in KSP. Short version: You can use it to make all sorts of oddball designs like that one. Still a very possible design in KSP.

The second one, the line drawing, is a far more accurate design.

Hey Frizzank, I was wondering if I'd be allowed to sample some of the textures of the Atlas, mainly for the metallic textures, which I'd like to use for a retexturing of some of the stock parts. I don't know whether I'll ever release it, assuming that I even get around to finishing it.

I would rather you created your own textures. If your having difficulty with metal, CG Textures has loads of free textures you can use as a base and go from there.

http://www.cgtextures.com/textures.php?t=browse&q=582

http://www.cgtextures.com/thumbnails/textures/metal/bare/MetalBare0094_thumblarge.jpg

All right, I'll try that. Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.