Cupcake's Dropship Dealership...

I did as you suggested and the problem still persists. I will try getting the archives again, just in case they were, somehow, corrupted.

-Garland

Sounds serious. Yeah, sorry, I'm not sure what else to suggest. :( Is it just my craft that are affected or all of them?

Cupcake...

Things are looking a bit better since I found a way to, er.... Re-tune the mothership. :blush:

wJjHuBI.png

1a8RgGX.jpg

JIVQlXd.png

hKD14GE.jpg

I can give the Queen Bee a tune up over the weekend if you like. There's not too much to do to it really, just to drain all the RCS fuel out of the lander cans. :wink:

Cupcake...

This is the first VTOL I've made that looks vaguely OK. I guess it turned out more adorable than anything. This is the most menacing angle I could get.

Also, it's the first one I've been able to land.

Am I the only one that thinks the docking port looks like a face?

Fi0vhN4.png

Edited by CakeNinjaProductions

This is the first VTOL I've made that looks vaguely OK. I guess it turned out more adorable than anything. This is the most menacing angle I could get.

Also, it's the first one I've been able to land.

Am I the only one that thinks the docking port looks like a face?

http://i.imgur.com/Fi0vhN4.png

You know what, I see what you mean! :D Cute ship BTW, how do you find having control surafaces on it, for me they've always spelled trouble. :(

Cupcake...

You know what, I see what you mean! :D Cute ship BTW, how do you find having control surfaces on it, for me they've always spelled trouble. :(

Cupcake...

If you try to point too far off prograde while going too fast, the ship sometimes flips out of control. However, they do help with bank-turning, providing a bit of extra maneuverability. You should try it out, see if you like the trade-off.

To be honest, I can't figure out jet engines, so this thing works on an aerospike clipped into the cockpit. It doesn't even have enough fuel to get back to the runway.

Edited by CakeNinjaProductions

Your Scarab is surprisingly easy to fly! I'ts a good practice ship for me.

Cool! :) The only problem I have with the SCARAB is that it's pretty hot to handle without a nice big cargo load underneath. Still, disabling one of the reaction wheels does has some civilising effect. :D

Cupcake...

Your QUEEN BEE - SSTO HEAVY TRANSPORTER was an eye opener, I´m dissecting it (you sneaky part clipper) to create an alternate version to my Flatbed VTOL Carrier "Hermes".

I´ve been using orange tanks with mainsail engines to bring it to cruising altitude, but now that I saw what you did there I´m planing an overhaul to reduce size and increase power... you are not going to sue me over trademark infringement, are you?

screenshot53.png

And you were right, it gets easier to fly a VTOL once you get used to it.

Edited by Wooks

Your QUEEN BEE - SSTO HEAVY TRANSPORTER was an eye opener, I´m dissecting it (you sneaky clipper) to create an alternate version to my Flatbed VTOL Carrier "Hermes".

I´ve been using orange tanks with mainsail engines to bring it to cruising altitude, but now that I saw what you did there I´m planing an overhaul to reduce size and increase power... you are not going to sue me over trademark infringement, are you?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-HTeTF_Y7w_o/Uu2wqk47PjI/AAAAAAAAAI8/aFtAqaJ978E/w1118-h629-no/screenshot53.png

And you were right, it gets easier to fly a VTOL once you get used to it.

Trademark infringement? I hadn't thought about that, sounds profitable where do I sign up? Do I have to move to Texas? Umm... Anyway until I can figure all that out you're more then welcome to draw inspiration or even parts from my designs if you so wish. I expect to see pictures though. :D

Cupcake...

How are these VTOLs possible? I thought u need HUGE rockets/wings to go into space?.....

Apparently not! That's one of the things I enjoy the most as builder, trying to push the performance as far as I can with as few engines as possible, to this end the Equinox and Pixie are two of the ships I'm most proud of. :) (Sorry about the video, I just wanna keep it at the top of the page for a while).

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

You inspired me to try my hand at Chuck Norris style rocket building. I decided I wanted something a little more sporty. So I built this.

LfBtRfK.jpg

It's surprisingly agile. It will respond to your every input instantly. Extremely nimble in all degrees. I now require a stick and throttle. I have been using my old RC trainer box hooked up through USB for the time being. It is sufficient but not ideal. I think I am going to have to pay a visit to my local Radio Shack when the tax return hits. It's time to get medieval up in here. I can already smell my fingers burning on the soldering iron. MMM smells like Cupcakes. :D

It would be totally awesome if you could do a quick tutorial on how you build a basic structure. I keep having problems with fuel not going where I want it to go and draining from the wrong tanks etc. I can use TAC fuel but I want to be able to call my stock crafts stock. DeathTrap is the first one I have built that doesn't have some sort of fuel issue.

http://pastebin.com/ZpzPiN8P There is the file if you wanna give it a go. Rockets are on #1 and Jets on #2.

You inspired me to try my hand at Chuck Norris style rocket building. I decided I wanted something a little more sporty. So I built this.

http://i.imgur.com/LfBtRfK.jpg

It's surprisingly agile. It will respond to your every input instantly. Extremely nimble in all degrees. I now require a stick and throttle. I have been using my old RC trainer box hooked up through USB for the time being. It is sufficient but not ideal. I think I am going to have to pay a visit to my local Radio Shack when the tax return hits. It's time to get medieval up in here. I can already smell my fingers burning on the soldering iron. MMM smells like Cupcakes. :D

It would be totally awesome if you could do a quick tutorial on how you build a basic structure. I keep having problems with fuel not going where I want it to go and draining from the wrong tanks etc. I can use TAC fuel but I want to be able to call my stock crafts stock. DeathTrap is the first one I have built that doesn't have some sort of fuel issue.

http://pastebin.com/ZpzPiN8P There is the file if you wanna give it a go. Rockets are on #1 and Jets on #2.

Sweet! :) Well with a bit luck we'll see an entry from you in the official challenge. I am planning on doing some tutorial vids, but they're gonna be a little way off I'm afraid. :( With fuel feeding just make sure you're only running up to two lines for each engine, 3 will definitely mess up the fuel feeding and 4 sometimes does too.

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

Thankyou, I'm sorry I haven't released any new craft in a while I really should get back in the SPH. :P

No need to apologise :)

My post wasn't a "You'd better do <insert whim> NOW or I'll unsubscribe" rant. I'm very happy lurking in the dark recesses of the KSP forum, patiently awaiting your creative goodness materialising as jpeg units and craft files in this thread.

SPOILER ALERT: EASTER EGGS

Watched your Bop landing, Cupcake. You planted your flag only a couple km away from the DSK. I know because I've been there.

-Cake

Really!? Man, I have this amazing talent for missing just about every Easter egg in KSP. I saw a Munar arch once and... well... that's it. :(

No need to apologise :)

My post wasn't a "You'd better do <insert whim> NOW or I'll unsubscribe" rant. I'm very happy lurking in the dark recesses of the KSP forum, patiently awaiting your creative goodness materialising as jpeg units and craft files in this thread.

That's very kind, I do have to get building again though, it's been a while. :D

Cupcake...

Is it called steven,I hope it isn't called steven,mine's called steven.

I was thinking Nigel. I'm afraid whatever it's called it's gonna be a little way off as I'm keen to see what new parts and goodies we get in .24 first. :)

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.