What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Got hit by the hell kraken while bill was ragdolling on minmus. Good thing I have Nereids backup system.

Anyways, trying to set up the EPL stakes so that the mobile launchpad and long tube don't screw up the base, have had to revert twice already

I'd been to Moho before, SCANsat, but today was the first time I landed on it. I dropped a little science rover into the South Eastern Lowlands crater... it kind of looks like a cat face... my probe is a tick in it's ear.

LRNI7mr.png

I also finished my Mun space station. 376 parts, 284.63 tons, approx. 200km orbit...

lGfXaKk.png

And I also finished my Minmus space station. 299 parts, 280.9 tons, approx. 100 km orbit...

GZUqIzQ.png

I haven't played since December last year bar a brief pop in. I miss Kerbal. I even have a portrait of Jebediah on my wall but I can't play it because everytime I boot my game breaks because of updates. I can't wait for v1 to drop so my life can be over and I lock myself away with this game for six months. :huh:

you should try delting the game folder and installing a clean game.

1. Two MK1 command pods clippy.

2. About 10 seconds

3. Yes, but part of it is clipped inside the lander and needs physwarp to fall out

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah315/Yukon0009/screenshot23423_zpsd37kcf4f.png

I really need to spend more time playing with 0.90.. getting things to clip properly used to be hell, nowadays one seems to slap things together and move them around afterwards.. #amgettingold

Caught my first asteroid, and used it to complete an outstanding "build a base in an asteroid" mission I've had for +3 years. I followed that up with my first manned Duna Landing and returning to orbit to meet my engine stage. Tonight I get to see if it has enough fuel to get Jeb/Bob/Bill home or not.

few days ago I managed to break my game. Whenever I went to launch, whether the craft is made from stock or mod parts, I didn't have my staging display at the left of the screen. Staging with space bar wasn't working either, and when I activated anything via right-click menu (engine, decoupler, launch clamps) all my stages show up but all of them in one single stage. Later when I manage to launch staging again isn't working.

So I deleted few of the mods I had installed latest and still nothing. Then I created new save file, but same problem appeared in that one too (both career and sandbox).

So in disappointment I deleted the game and planned to wait until 1.0 while in the meantime I planned to enjoy some other game. Then I saw today's videos from Bob Fitch and Scott Manley and they somehow motivated me to install game and fool around a bit. So, mod fresh install and mods downloading is what I am doing today.

Fought with a shoddy crane and annoying game bugs to put a giant engine test rig on top of a tanker aircraft in readiness for a part test. The alignment is not great, but

16931095387_f63946c4f0_o.png

it flies!

Next stream I'll try and take this to the target height and speed. Then I have to land it...

Was playing on my "hardcore" (no quicksaves/reverts) career, brought an SSTO loaded with Jeb, Bob, Bill, and another Kerb back from their vacation (station inspection) orbiting the Mun.

Things were fine til I got about 1.5 km out from the runway. Speed was down, engines off, going for a gentle coast down...

... and the wings on my right side "hit" the SPH, still a good 2.5 kms out. It went into a flat-spin, which I almost recovered, when the rest of the ship "hit" the SPH, still a good 2 kms away.

There were no survivors. ;.;

Two more rings and the payload will be complete.

FF0EBBC2C0EE525E595B1950CDEE20F99D677F04

Then I get to figure out how to launch it.

- - - Updated - - -

So here's two more rings and the payload is complete. :P

32A1C6640C0F7C16529B6208624317295E7813AC

Ever seen an asparagus transfer vehicle with forty plus stages? Well, now you have.

Tried to get my SingleStageToLaythe(and maybe even back if I can fit enough fuel in, but just 1-way planned at least for now) spaceplane to work again (with FAR and DRE installed). Still no luck but I understood that it must be a center of thrust issue. I can get to ~30km fine but after that it becomes increasingly hard to hold my nose down so I wouldn't flip and before 40km I have always flipped. But I think my center of thrust might be a little below my center of mass so that would explain it. I'll try to fix that tomorrow...

I messed around with some rovers until one flipped out at 60m/s on perfectly flat ground going in a straight line.

So after that failure, I got a plane to take off horizontally on the Mun by ramping it off a crater, and got some majestic screenshots:

a65MdIO.png

Ysh4Vgm.png

Edit: Landed it safely, after spinning out at 2km/s. Normal day.

KY4zG4k.png

Edited by GloriousWater

Sent a Christmas tree to Mun. lol! Put 16 little landers on a rocket. All the lights from the batteries and mechjeb made it look christmasy. At 489 parts and 1.1 million the frame rate was horrible. At least I should rake in a couple k worth of science points.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by delder92663

I bought GTA V.

I... might not be around for a while :P

- Well I can imagine you might find some time for ksp since the gta5 download is so extremly slow.

Many people report they spend more than 5 days downloading the 60GB installation file.