What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Base on F-35

Its a prototype im still not done on the plane but ill take any comments on it on how to improve it

Currently im working on a missile bay that will go on the belly with Damned Robotics, LLL, and D-12 missiles

The plane goes until mach 1.2 without any problem and still able to turn but then Boom Aereodynamics failure loll

So i guess ill work on the frame to make it stronger

Using 1.25M Thermal Turbo jet engine with 1x1.25M Fusion reactor 1x1.25 electric generator and 1x the smallest fusion reactor from KSP Interstellar

Engine deliver at least 217 of thrust and its still going up when i go Boom

CoL is slightly in front of CoM with the missiles on the wings but i guess that the missiles bay on the belly will compensate for it and ill probly remove

the 6 smaller ones on the wings

Anyway here is the K-35 https://imgur.com/a/QhFee#0

I just captured my first asteroid. It was tough chasing it down so I might wait a while before I attempt capturing another one!

Add that to finishing exploring the Mun and Minmus, and that's basically where I'm sitting in KSP. Anyone have a suggestion for where to go next?

I just captured my first asteroid. It was tough chasing it down so I might wait a while before I attempt capturing another one!

Add that to finishing exploring the Mun and Minmus, and that's basically where I'm sitting in KSP. Anyone have a suggestion for where to go next?

Gilly and Ike are great targets for those just setting foot (or rocket) into interplanetary space. They're each small, low dV requirements to get to, and provide unique challenges to someone who has mastered the quirks that Mun and Minmus offer.

...I have no words for this.

Wait, I lied.

Holy freakin' moley! A return cannon!? That is the best thing I've seen this week and now my boss is giving me weird looks from across the office because of the lols. Well played!

I have a suspicion that you took the inspiration from danny2462?

Gilly and Ike are great targets for those just setting foot (or rocket) into interplanetary space. They're each small, low dV requirements to get to, and provide unique challenges to someone who has mastered the quirks that Mun and Minmus offer.

Very true...

And ah, Gilly... the one place where you thrust DOWN to land. :)

My Jool-5 continues! Last stop at Jool, Bop. I had landed at the dead Kraken before, so I had a nice flag to aim toward to land there again. One of the nice things about Bop is that you can cheaply go into polar orbits. My de-orbit burn, going from nearly equatorial to nearly polar trajectories, was only 100 m/s.

Plus, on the way to Bop, I finally used up the outboard engines, and staged them out. I have enough fuel left that I might consider hitting one or two other locations on the way back to Kerbin.

KSP%202014-06-19%2020-09-15-36.jpg

KSP%202014-06-19%2020-32-34-04.jpg

KSP%202014-06-19%2020-33-06-72.jpg

KSP%202014-06-19%2020-41-57-47.jpg

KSP%202014-06-19%2020-57-28-47.jpg

KSP%202014-06-19%2021-03-09-50.jpg

KSP%202014-06-19%2021-04-47-37.jpg

KSP%202014-06-19%2021-05-38-24.jpg

I have a suspicion that you took the inspiration from danny2462?

Yes. I wanted to see how much mass I could send to Kerbin from Minmus (less than 0.7tons by my calculations).

Finished reinforcing the Jool mission mothership. Spent about 2 hours adding struts while in orbit - about 40 additional struts in all.

Before:

zLU0tqu.jpg

After:

JRY0n9H.jpg

At this point it looks more like a sailing ship than a space ship. Stability tests show that adding the struts vastly improved performance; it wiggles around a bit while turning, but under power it flies straight as an arrow with no oscillation.

On the third launch attempt I managed to get the Peacock Mk3 SSTO with a lander docked to it up to LKO with plenty of fuel left. The first two attempts made it to orbit, but the remaining fuel was not enough to do anything useful with it. This one nevertheless had easily enough to go to Minmus.

The flight path to Minmus was planned to include a gravity assist at the Mun, yet the plotted course deviated a bit on every SOI change, so some small corrections were necessary. Entering Minmus orbit went smooth, as did undocking the lander, landing on Minmus, docking with the plane again and going on a return trajectory.

The landing worked more or less as well, nevertheless the still docked empty lander touched the ground and was destroyed. The science (and lander pilot) had been moved to the planes cockpit beforehand, so the loss was not critical and I still count the mission a full success.

<iframe class="imgur-album" src="http://imgur.com/a/YV56q/embed" width="100%" frameborder="0" height="550"></iframe>

MOG !! 2966 points!!

And im cant get to the moon yet :P... i always run out of fuel and ihave to go back.

Said this... i continue trying to get landed on moon... but i fail :P

Im playing carrer mode... by the way.

Edited by Gotcha

MOG !! 2966 points!!

And im cant get to the moon yet :P... i always run out of fuel and ihave to go back.

Said this... i continue trying to get landed on moon... but i fail :P

Im playing carrer mode... by the way.

The first landing on the Mun is an important step - probably the most important one in career mode, since the Mun has many biomes and allows to gather a huge amount of science. After unlocking the ion engines, I did a systematic study of the different biomes I hadn't visited before. It was a single mission, since I refuelled the landers Xenon an RCS fuel tanks at an orbital lab station I brought to the Mun previously. The whole mission brought 6428.4 science points and allowed me to unlock everything left in the tech tree, yet it took several days (in real life - one or two landings per day). The 2966 points are the points I got since then.

I've built a reusable LF booster that makes his way to KSC after being used, à la SpaceX Falcon.

(Ok, ditched stages despawns into atmosphere, I know, but if not it can actually work by himself after triggering MJ while it's in the physical range of the main craft)

Pics:

Liftoff

4T82r1h.jpg

Ascending and setting MJ

ENxsHFQ.jpg

A small gravity turn and waiting for staging. Legs are armed (gear light is off, so they'll deploy after an only "g" tapping)

AKzdrom.png

Staging! MJ's SAS is triggered with the already set values, and legs are deployed. Engine is throttled up after cut-off occoured during staging. You cannot see it in the pics, but the small payload is accelerating at 2 Gees still in the physical range(I was busy to keep all that stuff working).

rzSE3ky.png

Powered descent and pointing back to KSC. RW are keeping the right attitude, powered by electricity from the engine. Payload despawned, but the booster is now flying autonomously and doesn't need any imput

zLfHoxL.png

Tanks empty, but she's on the right path. By now RWs are running on residual charge inside MJ core.

NtHTGEe.png

NtHTGEe.png

Chutes half-opened, RWs are still on but are draining electricity more rapidly because they have to fight the chutes.

ENBLtFZ.png

Full deployment! The kick drained the last amount of charge, but the rocket is oscillating very much!

nzrGfz2.jpg

Finally, she stabilizes and lands gently.

2Bz7wTV.jpg

9Or1rMx.jpg?1

41LAE5H.png?1

Oh, and a weird "bug" I encountered in the career save:

GxOcftE.jpg

WTF?? TUNDRA? I'm 10 km from KSC!!

Last night and the night before, I used MechJeb to construct my first Space Station, plus a refueling rocket (for the Station), and KAS parts to fortify it (struts, and a Vertical Stack Winch to keep a Kerbal tethered). I'm not ashamed to say I used MechJeb for rendezvous and docking ONLY because I can't do either.

Which reminds me, how DO I take screenshots? F1 doesn't work, for me... maybe I should change the default to F5 (which I use for TF2)?

Last night and the night before, I used MechJeb to construct my first Space Station, plus a refueling rocket (for the Station), and KAS parts to fortify it (struts, and a Vertical Stack Winch to keep a Kerbal tethered). I'm not ashamed to say I used MechJeb for rendezvous and docking ONLY because I can't do either.

Which reminds me, how DO I take screenshots? F1 doesn't work, for me... maybe I should change the default to F5 (which I use for TF2)?

F5 is, by default, for quicksaving. Be sure to re-assign a key to it, or you will thake a pic of Jeb dying instead of keeping him back to KSC.