What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

That is indeed what I meant. I agree also about my ballistic reentries; the poor Kerbals I've put in my Mercury capsule have pulled over 9(!) Gs on reentry, though this is in part due to having to use a solid retromotor.

One further thing: the sources I've found for man-rated G requirements say 3gs is the target, not 3.5. Do you have some other source you can point to, or are you (quite understandably) just a little looser?

Saturn V topped at 4g just before S-IC central engine shutdown IIRC.

So today I upgraded my Massive Colossal Cargo Plane of Awesomenessâ„¢ to 1.0.5. Time to test out this new reverse thrust thing!

9zQ0W5d.png

Whoa there! It is actually...

NPDtvhh.png

Wait what?

n2XCJPS.png

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

K5QUUVz.png

I don't even.

zaZ8aT2.png

Now it is falling straight down.

ZmXSijf.png

They seem happy.

L8LNkWA.png

Ouch. I'm sure they'll live. They always do...

dJcsR6C.png

I made a mess.

1sgBhex.png

My Kerbals don't really have an interest in the Mun...but they decided to put a small station there to keep tabs on it. the Mun Observation Post, staffed by 2 Kerbals at all times, taking notes on the Mun. Light refueling capability, mostly to service small ships from Minmus.

127b2a4df3ba8f8e4747e7508cbdebdb.png

P.S. Why in the crap does Squad NOT include clouds as stock? Those things are AWESOME.

OMG LOL

Mikki's little plane could fit inside it. Wait. We need a small plane to fly through the big plane from nose to tail - put Mk3 ramps fore and aft!

Yes, Jeb is willing to fly through anything accessible. Bob can confirm.

"Jeb... really... don`t do that..."

"Yeah really... WoooHHHHH...."

7u1YPyP.png

"OOOOOooooohhh..."

MBL6zR0.png

Edited by Mikki
Kerbal Yell :D

I'd place more worth on whether it lands well. XD

I would say it does. And if you'd like to try it out, you're more than welcome. :)https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rj945rszmktplb/Goliath%20Jr_.craft?dl=0

It's like a kerbal continuation of my love of muscle cars. A whole lot of engine, very little chassis, and WAY more fun than than I could ever express.

Edited by ExaltedDuck

When I'm not working on STS stuff:

Contract Pack: SSI Aerospace

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/138997-WIP-Contract-Pack-SSI-Aerospace-%280-0-2%29-Early-Career-Air-Charters-%28Giving-Aircraft-a-Purpose%29

Released version 0.0.2, added KSC Coast Guard rescue contract:

YLB2y2K.png

S.S. Minnow spawns in the ocean (you have to load the vessel from Tracking Center after accepting contract to prevent Kerbals from sink-spawning to bottom of ocean):

tWX2OJm.png

PandorasKitten PBY craft (not included)

glQpjYc.png

nhZYGfA.png

hOJWxUU.png

And of course doing anything with air is always more fun with Kerbal Aircraft eXpansion parts. Here's a simple helicopter.

oLmMo8s.png

And pandoras kitten PBK with some KAX engines I added:

gOr10vW.png

Now to think of a way to get it to randomly spawn in a general area with different ships and crews...

Edited by inigma

Thanks! I've been having fun lately building very large landing craft, of which the Super Aqualung is the one that has gotten the most use in my career save. Maybe I'll take a break from ISRU grinding later and use KVV to make a graphic comparing some of them. I could post the craft file if you're interested, although it needs a couple of mods (SpaceY for the RCS and some custom config edits) and I'm not sure how it would handle the atmosphere in 1.0.5 (the airbrakes around the nose are mainly for tail-first aerobraking). Probably wouldn't be too hard to build a stock-ified version, though.

Terwin is right, I installed just the connectors from MKS Lite by RoverDude, shipped six of them up in a KAS container (which you can still see in the background, behind the mining rig), and used them to connect the modules. Functionally it's pretty much the same as connecting them with standard KAS pipes, except the MKS tubes look like they're actually big enough for Kerbals to transfer through. They really look better when used with other MKS parts, but I'm trying to keep my current save mostly stock.

The modules themselves were landed by a tug (which you can see in this post) that attached to their upper docking ports, and returned to orbit after each landing.

Oh heck yes, put them on the Spacecraft Exchange! :P

put Mk3 ramps fore and aft!

Mk3 Ramps? I havn't really played with them much yet. Now lets see... I think I can manage to put an Mk3 ramp on the plane.

yDXlknU.png

Looks like the Mk3 Ramp is fitting quite nicely!

BfSbrC2.png

I can probably put an Mk3 ramp "fore and aft" without much trouble to be honest.

r4xDoSU.png

Locking the cargo in place with a special mechanism. I don't want anything falling loose during flight!

mxxlbU1.png

Wheeee!

Dba38c3.png

Looks comfy.

Og93E2E.png

Oh dear, the cargo lock and bay door have opened! I wonder why... I may have had something to do with it.

gqinDP8.png

Wait! That wasn't a part of the plan!

ufcg2Wa.png

Adios tiny useless Mk3 cargo ramp thing.

MSf45tf.png

As the most of us know... Jebediah Kerman owns a pilotlicence:

7QyTjAt.png

Sure.

It doens`t mean he actually made a licence himself, i believe he found it laying aside the barn, beneath a scrappile.

He can`t even sit straight is his seat.

Compare navball and plane alignment, to me, no questions left.:D

Upgraded one of my .90 planes into 1.0.5....and well considering the following video, I imagine this went down at KSC...

Jeb: "...Bob, you are the scientist here, DO IT."

Bob: "Jeb, let me get this straight. You want me to design a wetware interface, and instead of a sophisticated software suite for the probe core....YOU WANT ME TO PUT AN ACTUAL BIRD BRAIN IN THERE?!?!?!?"

Jeb: "That, and need I remind you, I am chief pilot around here. I outrank you. DO IT."

Bob: "And need I remind you that every Kerbal on the planet has invented 'Jebisms'? 'Pulling a Jeb' is now known as doing something crazy..."

Jeb: "...it's what I do."

Don't know the exact place from memory but I do know its fairly low on the tech tree. You can get it with a tier 1 R&D buidling.

Found it, 3rd level in.

I didn't see that part (it holds 2 of em)...ive been plugging modules together to try to support early mutli-person missions and it was a pain.

Since I decided to give 1.0.5 a small try before really diving into 1.1 with mods and OPM or 1/10th RSS.

I tried using the new Buoyancy to make sea-plane that could explore Eve/Kerbin/Laythe but I suck so hard at planes that I gave up (for the moment) after wasting 3-5 hours.

I was looking for something to try the new aero/engines/etc... And what better way than to re-attempt a Jool-5 ?

So here we have in orbit the "Payload section", made it into orbit with 3 units of fuel left (new aero spawns re-entry effect on the way up at 40 klics ? and it's a bit more expensive than what it was in 1.0.2, the version I updated from).

aZ6PrwK.png

You can make out the 2 Vector Engines of the main lander, which features: 4 extra tanks with poodles (Tylo landing supplement), chutes and drag chutes (for Laythe), 4x 40m/s steel beams for landing gears, and the science package on top. No solar panels, but 4 RTGs (Jool is poor with solar power anyways). One RCS Tug, and an extra tank of fuel to refuel the lander. Lander is rated 5k dV with the Tylo poodles and about 4k without. Should do the trick!

Now I am re-working on my Main pulling craft (posted in this thread about 2-3 weeks ago) to adapt it and make it better.