SSTOs! Post your pictures here~

Two new planes i have come up with, SSTO? How about SSTM's.

tataATq.jpg

Cant forget the Goliath mk4 VTOL for them missions where you need to land on a planet without an atmosphere.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92529-Single-stage-to-Mun-Interplanetary-spaceplanes

If anyone wants to know more about them.

Edited by Roflcopterkklol

I've been having a look at SP+ in anticipation of v0.25. Here's a little thing came up with which I'll have to re-create when we get the new parts. It has enough dV to put 5T payload into orbit around Duna, Eve any maybe even Jool. I'm loving the potential new geometries this is going to provide in stock. :)

ySwyLeH.jpg

Nice one, Doc.

Boy I can't wait for that update xD

I've been neglecting interplanetary crew transport, perhaps this SP+ stuff will give me some new ideas... :]

===========

For now I'll just contribute this:

Astroliner IX "Altair"

Light cargo transport for Laythe/Duna.

dvOgJyb.jpg

gh5nNmJ.jpg

Also video:

Craft files are in my repository, on my signature.

Just to prove that neither mod pack parts or intake spamming is necessary for a quality spaceplane:

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah120/craigmotbey/Kerbal/screenshot117_zpsba8ad72b.jpg

Runway to orbit in 4 minutes, 5 seconds. All stock, two intakes feeding three engines.

Intake spamming is not necessary at all for making a spaceplane. Intakes at all aren't necessary!

Intake spamming is a bit essential though, for making interplanetary planes that don't detach any of their parts during the entire mission.

Edited by Overfloater

Intake spamming is not necessary at all for making a spaceplane. Intakes at all aren't necessary!

Intake spamming is a bit essential though, for making interplanetary planes that don't detach any of their parts during the entire mission.

I believe we continue to have a friendly difference of opinion. :)

screenshot35_zps1e61a128.jpg

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/90747-Kerbodyne-SSTO-Division-Omnibus-Thread?p=1394563&viewfull=1#post1394563

Amen to that. I've dialed it back to about 6-8 RAMs per turbo. That craft you see has only 4 RAMs hidden in the body. Don't tell anyone. :P

Don't forget, Wanderfound is on FAR, Overlfloater and Me are stock aero. That cargo bay door is sweet. I'm gonna have to mess around with it some time.

Edited by O-Doc

Ah I see. Sorry didn't read Wander's signature before :]

4 RAMs hidden in the body.

:-O

I'm gonna P.M. everyone about this!!!

Just kidding, good thing no one knows how many intakes are in my earliest crafts' fuel tanks, before i started messing with wings. O_O

sPgBfRO.png

(That's an 8 man(+1 pilot) Mun lander)

Edited by Overfloater

I've posted two threads of stock SSTO designs, here (newer) and here (older). The best pictures of these:

Distant Sun

2014-08-24_00003.jpg

Reaching for the Sky

2014-08-25_00001.jpg

Ready to bring the pain.. where pain = fuel

2014-08-26_00001.jpg

Surprise Munrise (snapped the photo without realizing it was peeking over the horizon)

2014-08-26_00002.jpg

Edited by Athos

That looks awesome! SP+ parts are going to be a godsend (but I'm reserving myself for when they are in the stock folder). You can bet your ass I will pick something from this one when I finally start messing with it! Probably that front, it is really, really cool.

Rune. Reminds me of the Homeworld interceptors.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Haven't VTVL'd in 10 months! And I thought i'll probably suck big time at landing xD

back then landing about 2 miles away from KSC was good enough for me :P

===

I just remembered something - Kerbals have weight :o

And I flew this ship empty. I wonder if it's gonna handle as good when loaded...

Edited by Overfloater

Hi all ! Let me introduce to you my newest small, funny, fast, nice looking, crew transfer SSTO plane. The SCUBLO (meaning "kite" bird in ancient french celtic language).

Able to safely and quickly bring 3 kerbals + 1 pilot up to 150x150km orbit and return safely to KSC with remaining liquid fuel.

Featuring Life Support, Electricity and balanced RCS.

Edit : Following Jolly_Roger's advice, i'll soon add a link to the ship file. You'll need B9 and procedural wings mods.

Edited by scarknee

Scublo

Hi all ! Here is my newest SSTO. Small, funny, fast, nice looking, crew transfer SSTO plane.

To post your Imgur album you need to add the following code to your entry:

[imgur]/NAQQV/embed#0[/imgur]

You can go ahead an EDIT a post that you have already submitted as well. Also a link to the craft file would be great.

Very nice ship, I've added your Imgur album below (in case you don't get to it right away folks can see what you've accomplished):

The above is scarknee's submission.

JR

Edited by Jolly_Roger

1KLR

A nice, simple, one Kerbal SSTO with around 5Km/s delta V left in orbit to go, well, anywhere you want to really.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydey0vgab9amirn/1KLR%20NMJ.craft?dl=0

And the Mk 2. Less range but rocket assisted braking for those tricky Duna landings and a zero/zero ejection system.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nva6duvquy2q8o6/1KLR%20Mk%202%20NMJ.craft?dl=0

Edited by Fellow314