What do you call the sun in Kerbal Space Program

Sarge82nd

Well, since the Kerbals speak reverse Spanish, wouldn't it just be Los?

Ah yes, they SPEAK reverse Spanish, the sound is in reverse, not the writing ;)

It wouldn't be Los, would likely be something completely different.

I call it "Bob."

Sometimes I like to imagine that the Kerbals on the surface wake up in the morning and wave at it and say "Hi, Bob!", and then I pretend that they pretend it says, "Hi, [insert Kerbal Name Here]!" back, but then they get depressed because they realize it can't actually answer back because it can't talk.

And now I've made myself sad thinking about depressed Kerbals. Aww... :(

I never even knew that the term "Kerbol" was sort of forum-culture-made--I thought that was an offical Squad name for that star. But yeah, when you go to map view and look at the entire system, the label says "Sun" so I guess officially, it's called the Sun. But like most people here, I've gotten used to referring it to it as Kerbol--it's useful esp. if you're in a conversation talking about another space simulation like Orbiter--it's easier to say sun vs. Kerbol rather than Orbiter-Sun vs. KSP-sun.

Our Wiki anyone? It's called Kerbol and it is a sun...

. o O ( Shiny works nice, Bob is a planet in a far away galaxy, if I'm taken right... if you would like to call it sol, think, that every word should start with a 'k', so make it 'Kol', perhaps? Easy to remember, not to be confused with Kerbin and almost everyone can pronounce it right in his mother-tongue :) )

You know, this is the moment when I really wonder about people. Kerbol? Why? That has got to the like the dumbest name I ever heard for a star and not sure why anyone would call it that. Kerbals are the species and calling the planet Kerbin makes sense. You know like if you are from america, you are american. We call are star "the sun", not earthol, or humanol, or anything stupid like that.

I will call it the sun till an official name that makes sense is used. Something that is less confusing.

I am just shocked so many people actually call it that o.o, sorry if i sound like a jerk .. but ... dang .. really?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.