Naval Battle League 2016-2018

9 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

...What?

No

Good to know, with google traslate it makes even less sense

I've just finished the two ships model that I will deploy, if someone want to be destroyed :cool:

Edited by dragonaether

23 minutes ago, ShadowGoat said:

I understand your pain I have a 7 page essay 4 genres a presentation and a 10 minute speech due the 19th

I've got Biology. 3 facts, a picture, and vocab on everything we haven't learned in the book yet

OMG, I'm gonna lose faster than Light 

I prefer to have a tonnage limit, I'm kinda scared to have my little vostok class against something bigger than eeloo. 

Whit a squad of 6 ships I can stay under 300 tons.

But if I can't refuse the challenge I will be ready to get kicked in the rear.

Edited by dragonaether

@Spartwo It says in the rules that ramming isn't allowed at all, but I think we should at least allow it with some guideline. I have stated some guidelines below.

1. Ramming vessels can not be heavily armored except for the ram.

2. If they have missiles, they can only fire missile or ram, not do both

3. The ramming ship cannot make more than one pass. If they miss, or do no damage, too bad

4. The ram counts as a weapon, so you can't have a ramming carrier if for some reason you want that

5. Ramming ships, regardless of weight, always go at least second, unless they're the only ship

6. Only one ramming ship per side per battle.

Rule 5 is just for balancing so the opponent at least has a chance to take out the ramming ship.

I don't think ramming should be allowed at all. Within a few battles it would descend to ships consisting solely of vector engines, reaction wheels and a 100 metre I-beam pole on the end. Unstoppable, and quite possibly reusable. Just my thoughts. :)

@DarkOwl57 any chance of doing your turn today? I understand you have a lot of work, and that needs to be prioritized, but if you can get it up today I can do quite a few turns tomorrow, as it's a holiday for me.

Edited by MiffedStarfish

4 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

any chance of doing your turn today? I understand you have a lot of work, and that needs to be prioritized, but if you can get it up today I can do quite a few turns tomorrow, as it's a holiday for me.

I think I can. It'll be a stretch but I think I can cram a round in

One rule that i think is absolutely necessary if ramming was allowed, would be a distance limit. Say, a ram can only be done if the ramming burn was started at 0.0m/s relative to the target, from a maximum distance of 150m away. Otherwise you get people going into retrograde orbits and colliding at orbital speeds x2. Even so, I think ramming should only be allowed in friendly style battles, like the battle of the titans or our after battle ship-spamfest. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.