Naval Battle League 2016-2018

1 hour ago, MiffedStarfish said:

@DarkOwl57 any uptdate on when you can do your turn? If it's a long time, (a week+) is there any chance you could let @ShadowGoat move your destroyer, under your direction? 

Sure thing. Shadow? Go ahead and hit.... Whatever ship you want really; I don't care. Just make sure to put the Dauntless at like a 500K orbit afterwards; k?

Sorry didn't have time to move it into a 500 km orbit i was kinda rushed. Here's darkowls turn. The Ares 1 is dead. I used two missiles. Also, @DarkOwl57, your ship has some flaws. It exhasts the missile rcs doing turning, so i advise you add some reaction wheels on them, and the top missile can't get out of the bay. Here's the damage to the Ares 1.

And here's the persist.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt5grhmw4ws47on/persistent.sfs?dl=0

Huh I seem to have discovered a new drive type. I tried to make a tank turret, but when I used the motorized wheels to try and turn it, the vehicle moved smoothly, and randomly, along the ground, then moved up, and ignored gravity but kept sliding around. I'll get the craft file up, and I'd appreciate it if you guys would do some research on it. If it has any usage, I dub it the infinite improbability drive. I haven't tested it in orbit yet.

Edited by ShadowGoat

Ok, the second I892A is dead. I rendevoused wit hit with the Eos, and fired one missile.

r7r3ycq.png

It impacted near the front, neatly removing the control points and amusing passing out the other side.

NDVc5Wh.jpg

43j6EJD.png

@DarkOwl57 thats you out the battle, GG. Your ship performed very well for a first combat vessel, and those rip of G3s are lethal.

Your turn @ShadowGoat Persist: https://www.dropbox.com/s/esunw550e3to8fl/persistent.sfs?dl=0

1 hour ago, ShadowGoat said:

Could you post pictures

Imgur is having issues and is not letting me upload pics. Is there a way to copy pics from a thread in the forum, cuz I have a thread in the spacecraft exchange with the pics of the ships but I can't figure out how to copy and paste them here?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/159921-the-federations-war-chest-stock-war-ships-and-other-weapons/  

Edited by Jeb federation

The obliteration is dead, all its rtgs are on missiles, which don't count. I tested it by quick saving, detaching all the missiles, confirming nothing was generating power and reloading the quick save.

Edited by MiffedStarfish

AWWWH MAN! THE DAUNTLESS! Are the crew dead? Because if not, I'm willing to do a trade of some kind (Maybe a couple I892's in exchange for a couple pilots?)

I'll be working heavily on the Aegis-Class Battleship, and my fighters. I may work on a carrier as well (It'll fly under a banner of peace with no weapons (Don't kill it XD))

Can we plz make an exception, as technically it never lost its power generating parts... It just never had them in the first place. Plus it's still useless, as it can't move and the missiles use vectors and don't have the deltav.

On 5/1/2017 at 6:31 PM, ShadowGoat said:

It exhasts the missile rcs doing turning,

yeah; I realized that during post-battle testing. The I892B is going to have a ton of changes made.

On 5/1/2017 at 6:31 PM, ShadowGoat said:

the top missile can't get out of the bay.

Just gotta shimmy-shammey around. takes a while, but yeah; I'll get that fixed too. Thanks for the help!

1 minute ago, ShadowGoat said:

K good to know. Maybe we could make a collab ship?

sounds great! Maybe if it's a big ship like a carrier, I do the rear half and you do the front or something like that?

K; we could make like a super-huge battleship. I'll start working on the rear hull this weekend! (School ends in 10 days so expect a ton more from me in a few weeks time :wink:)

Where do you want the bridge to be? I'm thinking the rear, but what way you?

1 minute ago, Spartwo said:

Collaboration ships have usually been horrifying Frankensteins, I wish you the best of luck and look forward to the result.

We're probably gonna need it XD

So is that 1 loss for me then? Or does a 2v1 group fight not count for the total?

Lets put the bridge in the very center, as well as the sas columns and rtgs, but have the fuel tanks in the sides with either girders or fuel lines leading to the engines. And, of course, we need an awesome looking observation deck to look awesome. We also need at least 4 extra backup systems.

@Jeb federationThey look boss, but im telling you now that the armor is not good.

@MiffedStarfishwhich of your ships is still alive? If it's the Helios, thanks for jettisoning all the decoys. I can't find the thing. YES I FOUND IT FINALLY!

Edited by ShadowGoat

Done. The Helios is dead, tho it put up a good fight. It was hard to split, and even after I split it was in two controllable chunks, which i then had to destroy. Good design. It was hard to crack the structure, tho it would have been easy with my trident torpedos.

Here's the only picture I remember to take.

Im lining up the shot.

I WIN! VICTORY!

@Spartwo Change that battle thing i just won my first fight.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.