[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have a look at it later tonight and see about fixing it. Happy that you said what you did to remedy in the meantime.

Don't know if it will help but for the 1/2 size piston I set the maximum travel to 0.60 to make it stop extending right before it would travel away from the mounting surface.

Crashing to the desktop is generally not related to a mod. You are using x64 and it's bound to act weird. Try 32 bit and let me know how it works for you.

Looking at the error log says a lot about Contracts.ContractSystem and other contracts related messages.

Yeah, since I posted that I've had instability in general to the point where I think it's an x64 thing and not a mod thing. I'll test with x32 and get back to you, but at this point I don't think it's an IR issue I'm having anymore.

Carry on!

Crashing to the desktop is generally not related to a mod. You are using x64 and it's bound to act weird. Try 32 bit and let me know how it works for you.

Looking at the error log says a lot about Contracts.ContractSystem and other contracts related messages.

i dont know if its connected but i to had a log output complaining about contracts and what i did was remove KWRocketry and the CDT was gone...it doesent make any sense

i checked and double checked that there isn't some rogue plugin in KW folder....but it seams for now that at least on my pc KW is messing things up if you could check that maybe it;s same for you i;am using 0.24 X64

I use IR v0.15d (to avoid save breaking) and now (at KSP 0.24) I found one of my satellites bugged: all 4 (placed with symmetry) [1/2 powered hinges 90 deg] displaced, and trusses and XL solar arrays in weird positions around the satellite, floating, still attached by invisible force.

I considering updating to latest (for now) version via merge install (as stated on the 1st page), to avoid saves breaking. May be it will fix that mess.

I decided to stop using IR on new craft for now. Handy addon, but too buggy.

Old addons are incompatible with newer game versions, how surprising...

The problem is, I dont't have either KMS or TAC fuel balancer installed and I have yet to find the source for the probelm, Any ideas?

I believe that's a conflict with TweakScale. Try removing TweakScale (or Infernal Robotics).

Please take a moment to read this post. Afterwards, if you have bugs to report in KSP, we can do much more to help you if you include your output_log.txt (Win) or player.log (Mac, Linux)

I use IR v0.15d (to avoid save breaking) and now (at KSP 0.24) I found one of my satellites bugged: all 4 (placed with symmetry) [1/2 powered hinges 90 deg] displaced, and trusses and XL solar arrays in weird positions around the satellite, floating, still attached by invisible force.

I considering updating to latest (for now) version via merge install (as stated on the 1st page), to avoid saves breaking. May be it will fix that mess.

I decided to stop using IR on new craft for now. Handy addon, but too buggy.

Ralathon is correct. Infernal Robotics v0.15d is not compatible with KSP 0.24. You will need at least version 0.17. "Save-breaking" in this case means that any crafts in flight that have IR parts will be removed from the game, and any crafts saved in VAB or SPH with IR parts will need to be rebuilt. If you don't want this to happen, you need to stick with KSP 0.23.5.

Don't know if it will help but for the 1/2 size piston I set the maximum travel to 0.60 to make it stop extending right before it would travel away from the mounting surface.

That sounds like an excellent work around, especially because it's something you can fix in flight after an update.

Hey sirkut, just wondering where I might find the latest source code. Is it pending a push to Github?

No change in code, it was a recompile with new dll references so download what is there and have at it.

There is a bug between TweakScale & IR that isn't changing the values from the Tweak menu. Currently mass & translations aren't being changed when toggling the sizes.

Save breaking, in this case, means author removed obsolete parts, at least in clean install.

I was thinking, that author used some uncommon way to calculate part coordinates, which is removed/changed in 0.24, and new mod update might fix it, returning all parts to their original places.

Or I might be wrong, since identical satellite survived update unharmed.

Thanks for charming and helpful answers anyway.

I have a suggestion. back up your save. place all your IR parts back to it's origin. replace the plugin (but KEEP your old IR parts). Reload the game and see how it works.

Edited by sirkut

I'm finding that the Tweak scale window in the editor isn't working. Its just not showing up period. Theres a big empty space if i right click on a IR part where the tweak scale part of the tweakables UI should be. Im using .24 with the latest version of IR. Procedural Fairings is using the latest version of Tweak scale as well and is working fine.

I'm finding that the Tweak scale window in the editor isn't working. Its just not showing up period. Theres a big empty space if i right click on a IR part where the tweak scale part of the tweakables UI should be. Im using .24 with the latest version of IR. Procedural Fairings is using the latest version of Tweak scale as well and is working fine.

Could you post your log files as described in this post? What's changed since TweakScale with Infernal Robotics last worked for you? What other mods are you using?

I had to revert back to KAS save (accidentally stepped on spacebar, always keep forgetting about ALT-L), and both sats are fine. I guess staging gone wrong or someone was trying to pillage sat for metals when I switched to it.

Glad to hear you were able to keep your satellites. I didn't think it was possible. Also, pillaging satellites for metal sounds like a great mod idea... :D

I used the KSPAPIExtensions.dll that Biotronic provided which isn't version 1.60 and that explains why it is not working when you are using procedural fairings. As a quick test, take the KSPAPIExtensions.dll and copy it to my Infernal Robotics plugins directory.

I'm uploading a fix that will at least resolve the KSPAPIExtension issues when using Procedural Fairings and other mods that use the same .dll. Unfortunately I'm still waiting word on Biotrionic on the mass/translation issues when using TweakScale.

Edited by sirkut

Tweakscale just got updated and still not working, below is a crosspost with both mods now up2date:

I don`t get the scaling option on any part.

IR v0.17a gives the invisible window:

92Ug41p.png

Hopefully the debug will point to something

https://www.dropbox.com/s/esick7olz72r7ph/KSPerror.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8ex9adsdlc5s01/output_log.txt

[LOG 00:27:24.047] ------------------- initializing editor mode... ------------------[LOG 00:27:24.047] editor started
[LOG 00:27:24.049] FF: EventObserver:: OnGameStateCreated 24.2599999999997, game status: ONGOING, scene EDITOR
[LOG 00:27:24.062] Untitled Space Craft - Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 00:27:24.079] FF: adding toolbar buttons
[LOG 00:27:24.345] PartHighlighter: Creating outline material
[LOG 00:27:24.351] PartHighlighter: Created material.
[LOG 00:27:24.365] [KAE] Registering field prefabs for version 1.5.2.0
[ERR 00:27:30.891] [Toolbar] [ERROR] button texture not found: FerramAerospaceResearch/Textures/icon_button
[ERR 00:27:34.490] [Toolbar] [ERROR] button texture not found: FerramAerospaceResearch/Textures/icon_button
[LOG 00:27:48.817] Part: Mk1-2 Command Pod Transforms: 11
[LOG 00:27:48.819] Part: Mk1-2 Command Pod Transforms: 11
[LOG 00:27:48.820] FAR Raycast mask: 557059 557063
[LOG 00:27:53.752] Part: AIES Superior-V3 Fuel Tank Transforms: 3
[LOG 00:27:53.753] Part: AIES Superior-V3 Fuel Tank Transforms: 3
[LOG 00:27:54.082] fuelTanksuperior3(Clone) added to ship - part count: 2
[LOG 00:27:54.084] stage count is: 0
[LOG 00:27:57.246] deleting part fuelTanksuperior3(Clone)
[LOG 00:27:58.986] Part: AIES MR1 vr2 Fuel Tank Transforms: 3
[LOG 00:27:58.986] Part: AIES MR1 vr2 Fuel Tank Transforms: 3
[LOG 00:27:59.350] fuelTankmr1(Clone) added to ship - part count: 2
[LOG 00:27:59.351] stage count is: 0
[LOG 00:28:01.620] deleting part fuelTankmr1(Clone)
[LOG 00:28:23.013] Part: OX-4W 2x3 Photovoltaic Panels Transforms: 11
[LOG 00:28:23.014] Part: OX-4W 2x3 Photovoltaic Panels Transforms: 11
[LOG 00:28:23.477] solarPanels3(Clone) added to ship - part count: 2
[LOG 00:28:23.477] stage count is: 0
[LOG 00:28:26.410] deleting part solarPanels3(Clone)
[LOG 00:28:37.116] Powered Hinge: Choosing up axis for FAR drag model.
[LOG 00:28:37.116] Part: Powered Hinge Transforms: 3
[LOG 00:28:37.117] Powered Hinge: Choosing up axis for FAR drag model.
[LOG 00:28:37.117] Part: Powered Hinge Transforms: 3
[LOG 00:28:37.662] IRHingeTallScaleable(Clone) added to ship - part count: 2
[LOG 00:28:37.664] stage count is: 0
[ERR 00:28:38.110] ItemPrefab for control type 'UI_FloatEdit' not found.
[ERR 00:28:38.110] ItemPrefab for control type 'UI_FloatEdit' not found.
[ERR 00:28:38.111] ItemPrefab for control type 'UI_ChooseOption' not found.
[ERR 00:28:38.125] ItemPrefab for control type 'UI_FloatEdit' not found.
[ERR 00:28:38.125] ItemPrefab for control type 'UI_FloatEdit' not found.
[ERR 00:28:38.125] ItemPrefab for control type 'UI_ChooseOption' not found.
[LOG 00:29:37.272] Part: KW Rocketry SA-1 LFT Transforms: 4
[LOG 00:29:37.273] Part: KW Rocketry SA-1 LFT Transforms: 4
[LOG 00:29:37.453] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:29:37.469] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:29:37.486] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:29:37.502] Look rotation viewing vector is zero
[LOG 00:29:38.514] KW1mtankL1(Clone) added to ship - part count: 3
[LOG 00:29:38.515] stage count is: 0
[LOG 00:30:03.639] Part: FL-T200 Fuel Tank Transforms: 4
[LOG 00:30:03.640] Part: FL-T200 Fuel Tank Transforms: 4
[LOG 00:30:06.637] KW1mtankL1(Clone) added to ship - part count: 3
[LOG 00:30:06.638] stage count is: 0
[LOG 00:30:07.996] fuelTankSmall(Clone) added to ship - part count: 4

Will crosspost to IR, I have no clue how to actually debug deeper conflicts and I have a ton of mods installed under x64

Kamuchi,

Infernal Robotics includes it's own version of TweakScale with a few extras, and also KSPAPIExtensions, so IR will have to be updated separately. Thanks for the detailed information – if the problems persist after sirkut has time to update, that should be an enormous help in finding the cause.

Kamuchi,

Infernal Robotics includes it's own version of TweakScale with a few extras, and also KSPAPIExtensions, so IR will have to be updated separately. Thanks for the detailed information – if the problems persist after sirkut has time to update, that should be an enormous help in finding the cause.

He just released an update 1.22, why I posted directly :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80234-TweakScale-Rescale-Everything%21-%28v1-22-2014-07-20-22-21-UTC%29-Updated-for-0-24%21?p=1288165&viewfull=1#post1288165

Will put the update then in IR and see if it helps

Replacing the scale.dll and KSPAPIExtensions.dll worked!

Just no scaling option but that is a minor detail now ;)

http://i.imgur.com/YklNNT4.png

The 'no scaling' is caused by there being two version of scale.dll at the same time. Strangely, there seems to be no mention of any problems in output_log.txt. On the other hand, it is chock-full of "The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!", and ModuleManager only mentions Scale v1.21.0.0.

Biotronic, that absolutely means nothing to me ;)

Will restart and provide a clean log, edit in a 2 minutes to include

Start ksp -> vab -> slap 2 on -> launch -> quit

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jedkpttmn663vdt/KSP%20-%200109.txt

Output: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8i8kc4c40c78waa/output_log%20-%200109.txt

I did get a red error in debug:

Create new group -> move item to new group [red error]

thEFNMF.png

qB4d1tV.png

http://i.imgur.com/qB4d1tV.png

If you want me to test something just say so :)

Edited by Kamuchi

Still no scale option

KSP: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ev4lepz6ohf819q/KSP%20-%200133.txt

Output: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ukoe8oohgzul2wj/output_log%20-%200133.txt

Going to remove everything but IR and tweakscale

If it works then add mod by mod back

Looking at your output_log.txt, I see a reference to Goodspeed/Plugins/Scale. I guess you have Goodspeed Aerospace installed too? Try removing its Scale.dll too.

Well... it`s a mod conflict!

Squad, NASA, IR and Tweakscale is a success

evvipGV.png

Will go hunting down what is causing this conflict wich will most likely aftects others aswell that use menu`s, will let you know when I find the culprit :)

Nub at debugging :P