[Showcase] Replica Craft thread!

One of my latest addiction on replicas, first released on show, as being the oldest in real world:

I present to you...

... the McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Almost stock, aside TweakScale and some cfg edited part to avoid me to tweak infinitely the same pieces (basically I have a full set of gears in different sizes, and some of the old wing parts removed in 0.90)

- - - Updated - - -

Then a legendary plane, best supported if listening at "One Vision" by Queen (... let's see who get quote :P):

General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon

- - - Updated - - -

In this showcase, I cannot forget the "King of the skies", the "Only one never shot down", the "I can fly with one wing only still"...

... a beast meant for raw air supremacy...

... the McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle

---

As a bonus, 'cuz we are in a game sporting space exploration, how not to mention a little variation made by NASA?

So, welcome here a derivative version, not meant for combat, but for tecnical experiments about thrust vectoring (and probably also fly-by-wire?? I do not remember...)

the F-15S MTD/STOL/Active (it has so many names that I'm always confused :P

- - - Updated - - -

Going up to this point, it was just a matter of time to bring to life the last evolution in air supremacy:

the first 5th gen fighter, the "stealth assassin" (??? :P)...

Im proud to present you the Lockheed Martin-Boeing F-22A Raptor

- - - Updated - - -

... coming SOONâ„¢ some European fighters, 'cuz I cannot forgot the place were I live, and it's unfair show only american love :P

- - - Updated - - -

Ending the USA showcase with the F-22A, I must start with the feared "enemy" that pushed the United States to make the Raptor, thinking that the F-15 fleet could be in danger:

the Sukoi SU-27 Flanker

---

... and like the F-15S, a lot of variation were built, ending in a demonstrator plane, to keep up with the most advanced evolution in aerial warfare:

so it was just "a click" to make the last of the same family (uhm... actually I built this first, then deleted just 2 parts :P)

the Sukoi SU-37 Flanker F "Terminator"

- - - Updated - - -

BUT at the Kremlin nobody was happy about being behind USA in 5th genereation fighter planes, so they pushed their concepts further, to bring (in the next future) a real european answer to the F-22:

the Sukoi PAK FA T-50 (as an ongoing project, I never catch about the real name, so I used all the version together :P)

- - - Updated - - -

In between those two superpowers, the CEE chunk of Europe feared to sitting between the hammer and the anvil, so it was just a matter of time (and money, to build up a consortium with 3 of the most advanced aerospace companies, from Germany, Britain and Italy.

So a 4.5 gen fighter (and one of the sexier for me) shows to the world that a good opponent is still here, to crumble any possible enemy:

the Eurofighter Typhoon

... so... THAT'S ALL FOLKS, for the moment, I hope you'll like my latest creations (and pointless, as I do not use weapon mods to arm them).

If anyone is interested, I could try to put out some CFGs, but I'm not sure if I can clean up them from my edited parts (aside to be bounded to TweakScale for a lot of part resizing)...

Edited by Araym

Just knew that the original "Kerbalized Rockets", both "before derp" and "after derp" version, was already closed. Anyway...

Putting these here: Energia-Polyus replica, circa 2012 :D (since I mostly see "Energia-Buran")

BDaVc.png

t9u0r.png

• 2 weeks later...

49f90ec9bb.png

Made a 'lil Predator/reaper etc. wheels are from the Firespitter pack, as is the turboprop in back thats reverse thrust. Flies like a beaut, lifts off the runway at about 60 m/s. Balanced it pretty nice too so it doesnt really require much trim.

Here are my replicas

SR 71 White bird

http://www./download/kzxsdkb3tkasa16/Sr-71+white+bird.craft

SR 72 White bird

http://www./download/krai8x2hcbmfwbr/SR-72+White+bird.craft

Boeing 767 fuel liner/cargo transporter

http://www./download/24wkyhlk470jgsb/767+-+Fuel+liner.craft

B2 Spirit bomber

http://www./download/50eg7zxadhp7xxj/B-2+Spirit+bomber+mk2.craft

Now this is pod racing mk2 (download links to the mods used are in the video description, KAS and a wheel mod for the hover gear)

http://www./download/aa8tl2cri2p9m8e/Now+this+is+pod+racing+mk2.craft

Edited by Roflcopterkklol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think we all can agree, this thread is pretty dead. Therefore, if I have your permission, Mr. Pseudonym, I'd like to (with your contribution) recreate the thread, in a V2 thread, going under the same name.

Ranger replica from Interstellar:

dl9JdOb.png

I got it as close as I could in terms of scaling it to Kerbal-size using stock parts. No VTOL capability though, due to aero limitations and issues with SSTOing becoming nearly impossible with VTOL engine(s) installed.

It does have STOL capability though, and turns on a dime. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.