Kerbin Mini Shuttle

helldiver

Hmm is this a complete ship you just load up and use? Not sure I'm a fan of that, can you modify it to your own liking or is the shuttle one single part? Can I remove the cargo bay and put in crew? Or double the length of the cargo bay etc? Don't get me wrong, I love the look, IVA, etc, but KSP is a game about building stuff and then flying it, removing the building step and just leaving flying it doesn't really appeal to me. This is why I like most part packs, gives you more tools when building things.

Aside from Helldiver's response, even when you build a lot it doesn't mean there's no room for a "no frills" (and this one seems to have lots of them anyway!) shuttle for sake of shuttling crew back and forth to stations in Kerbin orbit. I suspect we all have our designated design for it and while it's fun to tweak the design of your crew shuttle I will have absolutely no problems with using a ready-made "stock" one instead.

I get the impression that it doesn't have a docking port? That would be a bit of an omission though...

I get the impression that it doesn't have a docking port? That would be a bit of an omission though...

It has a docking module that fits a clamp-o-tron Jr pointing up out of the bay and a 2nd within the bay pointing backwards.

Curious: Is the method you're using to rename shuttles (with the name displayed on the side) something we'll be able to do? Or is that a static art asset?

Looks wonderful, and I'm glad to see this back on track (even though I'll never be able to use it on my weak little laptop).

It's all good ClimberFX

The KSO proper is done done now. As in in-game flying.

Right now we're tweaking CFG's and getting our weights right in different configurations.

Had to model a de-coupler which will be included in the project. Going to be doing descriptions over the weekend (starting now soon as I get the latest build with the recent changes).

-A lot of the changes going on right now are what they call "ease of use" (or Quality of Life). It means making it easier for an average player to put one together, and or be able to use parts on another project, and be able to fly it. So that meant going back and fixing some of the Collision geometry so that the pieces respect my artistic wishes, while at the same time making it so that those parts can be used in other non-KSO projects.

An example of that is the rudder. You can put the rudder now where ever you want, and do symmetry in the SVH. Even though the KSO is designed to be built in the VAB (the default craft file will be in the VAB, but there will also be on in the SVH).

6H0zoVl.jpg

It's all good ClimberFX

The KSO proper is done done now. As in in-game flying.

Right now we're tweaking CFG's and getting our weights right in different configurations.

Had to model a de-coupler which will be included in the project. Going to be doing descriptions over the weekend (starting now soon as I get the latest build with the recent changes).

-A lot of the changes going on right now are what they call "ease of use" (or Quality of Life). It means making it easier for an average player to put one together, and or be able to use parts on another project, and be able to fly it. So that meant going back and fixing some of the Collision geometry so that the pieces respect my artistic wishes, while at the same time making it so that those parts can be used in other non-KSO projects.

An example of that is the rudder. You can put the rudder now where ever you want, and do symmetry in the SVH. Even though the KSO is designed to be built in the VAB (the default craft file will be in the VAB, but there will also be on in the SVH).

http://i.imgur.com/6H0zoVl.jpg

I see this is getting more awesome than i imagine.

Great Work Helldiver.

:)

I know a lot of you guys want this out now. We're still fixing some last minute bugs that came up mostly having to do with the LRB separation behavior, as well as bugs with the elevon attachments. Most of this has been squashed.

As long as the lower deck slides in without any issues (if it gives us issues, Nazari will just remove it in one simple step) we should have this in the bag very shortly.

Nasa style interior

WTwGdTZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eNc9Zr3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aRGfH9V.jpg

The reason why I did a lighter color is so that it doesn't fight the shadowing, is a lot more compatible with a laboratory environment, and doesn't look so much like an airliner interior. The Velcro strips also breaks up the bare panels and in general makes the interior look a lot more spacecraft-like instead of a Ford Explorer.

In case you're wondering if this adds any more time to the project, that's a no. It's a simple texture swap.

The crew deck is also going to add just a few days. The crew deck will not have a lab as that is going to be put in phase 2 of the project. The reason I decided not to declare the crew deck a lab, was because then your cockpit (a command pod) will have too many modules and labels.

Therefor the crew deck is just going to be art. Although it will expand the crew size to 6.

Age old military saying.

K.I.S.S.

Keep it simple s....d

If its going to mess up with shaders is it worth it in the long run, or until there is a better way of doing it, I would put it in a later phase. Someone will click on an idea on how to do it, you just have to look at the reduction mods for that. Well nearly at the end of the present phase and I am really looking forward to this, a big welldone to you for an excellent looking mod and big round of applause to Nazari for jumping in and helping.

PS,

I still think it would look better with some colour on the outside though, ducks to avoid wrath of Helldiver.:cool:

Edited by Climberfx
Bad Word

This program will have two editions,one with 4 crew and two with 6 crew?

(its awesome)

You released in one?

Just one edition.

If its going to mess up with shaders is it worth it in the long run, or until there is a better way of doing it, I would put it in a later phase. Someone will click on an idea on how to do it, you just have to look at the reduction mods for that. Well nearly at the end of the present phase and I am really looking forward to this, a big welldone to you for an excellent looking mod and big round of applause to Nazari for jumping in and helping.

Not sure what you mean here. No technical stuff is is being done. Shaders are working fantastic. What I meant by a lighter shade, is so that it doesn't fight the baked ambient occlusion causing banding.

I have been following this with baited breath and to see it finally approaching the release finish line is awesome its a credit to You and your project team that you managed to to keep it going and get it finished so many start very few finish this will be one of the must have mods.