[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Yeah, when its 4AM random things are likely to get typed, heh.

So, I have fixed the following parts (converted away from rescaleFactor to regular MODEL/scale)

0.625m SRB and PAM

SLS Liquid Booster

SAS Modules

SRB nosecones (both kinds)

Fairing noses, half noses, walls and half walls

1.25m Launch Escape tower

I went through the rest of the parts and didn't see any more affected. If I am missing some let me know ASAP. There are other parts with rescale active, but they aren't bugged for now.

Also I am inclined to leave all the entryCosts as-is since money isn't an issue usually, and they were all pretty close to stock.

Barring any issues, I'll finish up the agencies tweaks and have the update out tomorrow.

Ran out of time; I found that the Matriarch was also out of scale. I also took the time to finish implementing the M50 engine again - it's a 2.5m engine slightly more powerful than Mainsail for now, we can visit balance again after some testing.

Tested out the crafts and re-saved the broken ones. Agency icons implemented, so should be able to pack and release it tomorrow, early afternoon hopefully.

NovaPunch 2.07 is now available on KerbalStuff (dropbox mirror uploading)

CcaCxxL.png

Only new addition isn't really new; the M50 has returned from early retirement. No tank butt (you're welcome Nathan :P)

Changelog for 2.07

------------------------

Updated part scaling on several parts broken by the fix in KSP 0.25

Added new images for the Contract Agencies. Thanks to several individuals who submitted them.

Reworked and added the M50 Rocket Engine as a heavy-lifting 2.5m rocket engine.

As always, find bugs or balance issues. Especially check out how unlocking parts in career more feels with the new difficulties in place.

At last, my quest of updating all my GameData for 0.25 is completed! Thank you :)

Okay, on M50 - with these stats, I find it kinda redundant. It's basically 4x800 with another model (minor differences doesn't count). Sure, tank-butt haters would rejoice, but they're minority (thank God).

My proposal is to make it head of 2.5m tier - 2000-2100 thrust and low Isp.

Although, it could be used in designs like this one:

ZIE0Rrd.jpg

(Shown with SLS-125, due to lack of proper adapters - which probably could be made by a custom TweakScale config)

Edited by biohazard15

Hey, I'm trying to decide whether to get this or KW, and I've used KW before but not this, so I don't know what it offers. Could somebody give me a run-down on what this provides so I can decide?

Edit: I looked at the OP, and saw a pod with a "heat shield" does this work with Deadly Reentry? Is there TAC life support compatibilty? Am I asking too many questions? (thats a joke)

Edited by xXIndestructibleEVAXx

Yeah, most people who tries both KW and NP usually end up using them both - because they don't overlap too much.

Sadly, there is no DRE compatibility for NP pods. I've tried to make a config, but it's kinda hard to make a proper one for Odin and its landing legs.

Edit: Like, what does this mod have that KW doesn't?

- Low-profile engines

- Several pods (with service modules)

- A set of segmented SRBs in several sizes

- Inline NERVAs (2 sizes)

- Big structural adapters (like 3.75 to 7x1.25 - perfect for cluster launches)

Edited by biohazard15

Hmm... I'll go ask over there. Thanks though, I'm starting to lean towards this, but I would STILL like to know about what this mod has to offer. And yes, I have looke dat the pictures in the OP.

Man, just download it and see for yourself :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.