[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Should be enough for Mun return (and if it doesn't, there are braking engines)

I take that back... Direct Mun re-entry burns all the ablator in a matter of seconds. I was able to save the flight with braking engines, though (used all of its fuel). 5 units of ablator left.

Funny, but landing legs survived unscatched...

Hi All,

I haven't found a remotetech config for the Thor lander RCS antenna so I made one.

//Support for Novapunch Thor RCS Antenna

@PART[NP_ThorLanderRCS]:AFTER[NovaPunch2]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
%TechRequired = landing
@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
{
%allowManualControl = false
}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
%Mode0OmniRange = 0
%Mode1OmniRange = 5000000
%MaxQ = 3000
%EnergyCost = 0.6

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.3
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

Hi All,

I haven't found a remotetech config for the Thor lander RCS antenna so I made one.

{
%TechRequired = landing
{
}

%Mode0OmniRange = 0
%Mode1OmniRange = 5000000
%MaxQ = 3000
%EnergyCost = 0.6

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.3
%PacketSize = 2
}
}

}

Here is the updated code.

{
[COLOR=#008000]!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}[/COLOR]
{
}

%Mode0OmniRange = 0
[COLOR=#008000]%Mode1OmniRange = 2500000[/COLOR]
%MaxQ = 3000
[COLOR=#008000]%EnergyCost = 0.13[/COLOR]

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.3
%PacketSize = 2
}
}

}

There is probably a few minor tweaks to be made to a few things, but I have pretty much no dev time for KSP right now. I'd be more likely to get stuff done if there was a list of things, because I really don't have the time or will for further playtesting atm.

Hi everybody,

I noticed some unexpected vehicle rotation when using the Basic Bertha Mini Quad in orbit. The RCS Build Aid mod (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/35996-1-0-2-RCS-Build-Aid-v0-7-2) shows that the engine introduces a clockwise rotation to the forward thrust. (Easy to reproduce: Just attach a small tank and the Mini Quad to a probe core and look at the vehicle with the RCS Build Aid, switch the upper button in the mod ui from "translation" to "engines", you should see a green arrow and a red circle). Is this just a problem I get, or is there something wrong with for example the engine's alignment?

There is probably a few minor tweaks to be made to a few things, but I have pretty much no dev time for KSP right now. I'd be more likely to get stuff done if there was a list of things, because I really don't have the time or will for further playtesting atm.

Patches for Hot Rockets, please.

Also, I don't know if this is something you can fix or not. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65754-HotRockets%21-Particle-FX-Replacement-Tutorial?p=2047973&viewfull=1#post2047973

Edited by blnk2007
Being nice

I haven't ever set up hotrockets for NP, someone familiar with the mod did it (and it was included with hotrockets, not NP as far as I know) so I don't know that I'd be much help without picking up the mod, maybe eventually.

I'm guessing the flame bug is related to those engines not having a proper config for hotrockets, but it's just a guess.

---

I expect the thernal config settings need updating for 1.0.4's thermal calculations, especially if its the nukes that are having issues. Shouldn't be too major.

• 1 month later...
How do I fix the two inline nuke engines so that they can be controlled better with radiators? Because even with four large radiators, the larger inline nuke engine doesn't stabilize until 1,251.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/smjjames/screenshot43_zpsymaksepp.png

I don't have the configs in front of me, but judging by the screenshot, the engine has a really high max temp. The stock radiators work by siphoning heat off a part when it reaches a certain threshold of it's max temp, defined by radiatorMax. The lower the radiatorMax setting, the sooner the radiators will begin to draw the heat off and all parts have a default setting even if it isn't defined in the CFG. The LV-N setting is 0.35 I believe, and that's intended to allow it to run hotter than any other engine so I think it's safe to assume the default is 0.25 or 0.30.

So you could add

radiatorMax = 0.15

to the part and have the radiators start working on it sooner.

Or you could just turn down the heat generation.

Or you could download Heat Management and slap an AHMS and Thermal Washer on there.

AHMS?

Also, I thought Heat Control wasn't really working all that well, or something.

Active Heat Management System.

Heat Management. Link in my sig.

Heat Control is our strange, distant third cousin from New York. (no offense to strange cousins from New York. Or Heat Control.)

Edited by Randazzo

Yeah the engines all have the 1.0.2-level heat setting on them, ive yet to adjust them for 1.0.4 levels, so a config edit will be in order.

Look forward to it. The heating system not working properly makes me not want to install this mod again until it's fixed...

Regards,

Northstar

Yeah the engines all have the 1.0.2-level heat setting on them, ive yet to adjust them for 1.0.4 levels, so a config edit will be in order.

I would say the following: make it a small, quick and dirty patch. Just barely able to work with 1.0.4.

Because 1.1 (if it would be the U5 update) would break all the mods, and I mean totally. You'll probably need to re-compile everything from scratch (Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like so). There is no point in major rebalancing update when you know that you'll need to fix everything again soon.

The 1.25m K2X engines doesn't actually gimbal the thrustTransform it only seems to move the mesh. I.e. It looks like the engine is gimbaling, but the thrust still comes out straight down. I have noticed on some of the larger engines that it seems fewer thrustTransforms were used than actual nozzles on the part such as the large mother engines. Would these issue be able to be fixed before 1.1? Thanks!

I would say the following: make it a small, quick and dirty patch. Just barely able to work with 1.0.4.

Because 1.1 (if it would be the U5 update) would break all the mods, and I mean totally. You'll probably need to re-compile everything from scratch (Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like so). There is no point in major rebalancing update when you know that you'll need to fix everything again soon.

Perhaps plugins, but a mod consisting almost entirely of config files and models like NovaPunch should transfer pretty nicely.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I've found a bug. I know someone else mentioned this in the past but there was never any official fix. Anytime I place the Freya Trunk "service module" under a command pod, Freya or otherwise, the Trunk decouples as soon as the physics loads and then the whole scene goes black. This ruins my entire save file. If I exit the game and return it stays black. I have to delete my save folder and copy over a back-up to restore my game. I can build and fly all other ships without trouble. There is certainly some funny business going on with the Freya Service Module part.

Is anyone else encountering this?

BTW: This began in 1.0.2 but seemed to be isolated to the Freya capsule. When I placed the Orion capsule on the Freya service module it worked fine. Thinking it was the decoupler on the Freya I swapped it to the service module and never had anymore problems until I upgraded to 1.0.4. Now, the issue is back and even with the default cfg I can't get the service module to work correctly.

Edited by Aaron Also

Doesn't do that for me. Sounds like a conflict with something else.

If you can, set it up to happen again (preferably in a new sandbox game to be safe), and afterwards check the output_log file found in the KSP_Data directory. Search it for instances of "NP_Freyja_Trunk", or anything that looks particularly bad. It would be near the end of the file. It might also be helpful to see what other mods you have installed.

Edited by Randazzo

I just did some quick testing again. It seems to specifically be with objects attached to service module at the top node and have fairings. So, Freya, Orion, probably engines too. I havent tested that yet.

Ill post a fresh log file tomorrow its way too late for me today.

Output Log

Edited by Aaron Also
I did it anyway

That is one busy output log. Got mods I've never seen before.

The first thing that catches my eye is:

ArgumentException: The thing you want to instantiate is null.
at UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddInternalPart (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.CreateInternalModel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.SpawnCrew () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.SpawnCrew () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.MakeActive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.setActiveVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.SetActiveVessel (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipConstruction.AssembleForLaunch (.ShipConstruct ship, System.String landedAt, System.String flagURL, .Game sceneState, .VesselCrewManifest crewManifest) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightDriver.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Which is immediately after physics loading. Shortly thereafter there's an error about making ground contact, and then you get the look rotation errors which usually correspond (at least for me) to the inky black void.

[Untitled Space Craft]: ground contact! - error: 0.038m

Honestly, If I were you I'd start with a clean GameData folder (Squad and Novapunch) and Save, and starting adding mods back one at a time until you find the one that's breaking it. Since there's quite a few, unless someone who has had this specific problem before comes along, it's going to be hard to figure it out, though I do have a suspect: TweakableDecouplers v1.12.0.17795 : Whatever adds that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.