[0.22] Universe Replacer v4.0

Tingle

do the clouds move and do the planets now have weather
can you see the textures of the clouds when you are on the planet

No, it is a texture visible from a certain height of the planet only. But that is where all the action is anyway. :)

The problem with this site is that you can't really download all of the map. Can someone tell me if he/she found a way to download the maps from this site? Because all I'm getting is small bits of the map.

Without wanting to sound like "that guy", but print-screen *is* the fastest way to do this.... Only takes what, 16 images at best? And it'd be easily arrange-able.... Set your screen resolution higher and it'd be even faster ;p There are ways to get the png tiles but you'd end up with a lot of them and they won't be ordered... so print-screen ftw.

Without wanting to sound like "that guy", but print-screen *is* the fastest way to do this.... Only takes what, 16 images at best? And it'd be easily arrange-able.... Set your screen resolution higher and it'd be even faster ;p There are ways to get the png tiles but you'd end up with a lot of them and they won't be ordered... so print-screen ftw.

I use it but I always get a white line on Kerbin xD

Does anyone know where can I get a cloud map that the black background is invinsible? I'm working on something.

A better thing for you to do would be to get your hands on photoshop or gimp. They will have layer blending features to use files with black instead of transparency. The vast majority of useful pictures you find online will require that you use a blending feature like screen or linear dodge to use them.

Well you need to edit and arrange this pixel perfect in PS ;P And I guess cropping is involved too. Just said it's faster and easier, not fast and easy ;P But faster and easier than trying to puzzle together 200 png's in random order.

The problem with this site is that you can't really download all of the map. Can someone tell me if he/she found a way to download the maps from this site? Because all I'm getting is small bits of the map.

I've found that if you right click on the zoomed-in map and select "save image" (in chrome at least) each row has a different number. So the top row is 31.png, all the way across. If you're careful, you can save the first column of that row as 31.png, the second one as 31 (1).png, the third as 31 (2).png, etc. Of course, you'd have to do that 31 times which seems about 62 times more than I'd be willing to do personally.

But if you take a lower resolution it might not be THAT bad.

Note that without the permission of the site owner or some proof that the pictures are in the public domain, you should not redistribute the images. And you can't assume pictures THIS hard to gank off a website are in the public domain :)

If you are using photoshop try this, when lining up selections with free transform you can use the arrow keys to shift the selection around by one pixel. That way you can work zoomed in and not have to worry about being a surgeon with the mouse.

There is a guy who make the maps data,maybe he share it.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/member.php/58916-saik0

YES, cheers mate, he posted a mega folder with the data, that means we can put it in the game!

Edit: I'm thinking of having the help of mushroomman with me, so if he'll agree I hope we'll be able to make a pack with both high res planets and clouds :)

Edited by eran100

This leaves the clouds which we also need at 16k, sadly you can only get 8k in tif from Nasa, they offer insane high res downloads for the hemispheres, so it requires more fiddling ;p But I think this is going to be fun ;p

This leaves the clouds which we also need at 16k, sadly you can only get 8k in tif from Nasa, they offer insane high res downloads for the hemispheres, so it requires more fiddling ;p But I think this is going to be fun ;p

Yeah, I can already imagine the pack... so beautiful.... Meanwhile I'm flying a ship to Eeloo, after that I'll stat working on the high res planets, and by tommorow I hope mushroomman will answer.

By the way, I am also trying my hand at this /merging clouds and Kerbin\, seems like fun ;P And hey, what else I got 16GB of Ram for?

more important than the challenge, is if the mip-mapping is gonna work right and what performance impact there'll be. But since I need to download 400mb worth of clouds first.. gonna take a while ;P

Edited by eRe4s3r

By the way, I am also trying my hand at this /merging clouds and Kerbin\, seems like fun ;P And hey, what else I got 16GB of Ram for?

If you not trying with the high res the is no need, mushroomman already did it. But if you do it for fun, sure, I tried but... you know...

Map data is here: https://mega.co.nz/#F!8EAnSL5Z!OAyLBQqrQtlmfL0GT8fcQg!EBYyXRxA

I'd love just a plain "HD" pack using those, unfortunately I'm horrible with GIMP and it looks like you need to convert them.

Convert not, but the map data is shifted horizontally. So we need to match it with Kerbin texture properly first. So you just want a plain Kerbin HD texture with no clouds?

How do you install exactly? My download just gives me a text file.

Make sure you download the correct file, not the SRC (Source)

Aside that there should be folder structure in the archive like with all plugins....

Edited by eRe4s3r

Convert not, but the map data is shifted horizontally. So we need to match it with Kerbin texture properly first. So you just want a plain Kerbin HD texture with no clouds?

I think he want Kerbin but just HD, with no cloud. Did I got it right?

So I am done with "no cloud" HD at 16kx8k.. that was easy ,) Testing in-game first though... by the way, saving this document to PNG took 3 minutes ;P .. let's hope it doesn't need that long to load it.

Map data is here: https://mega.co.nz/#F!8EAnSL5Z!OAyLBQqrQtlmfL0GT8fcQg!EBYyXRxA

I'd love just a plain "HD" pack using those, unfortunately I'm horrible with GIMP and it looks like you need to convert them.

I'm working on a few too, though I may downsample to 8K. If eran100 doesn't put up his before I get them converted on my end, I'll put them up.

A question for everyone else: do the textures get put into the folders North=Up or South=Up? The original Kerbin texture from the assets file is showing up in Photoshop as South=Up. Is that just fluke of that DDS, or something to keep in mind for all the textures?