[0.24.2] TiberDyne Aerospace R&D Division - Shuttle System 3.6 Career Update!

Tiberion

The cargobay plugin doesnt work in 0.15x, as the author never updated it. I have re-created the cargobay as a non-plugin part now, but its not optimized yet. It\'ll be in the next release.

Speaking of... not much in the way of development lately, things are somewhat on hold as we wait for the changes of 0.16; its likely all of the parts will need to be re-scaled and then rebalanced. Sorry to say, it could be a while.

I´m sorry, when doing problems, but i installed your mod as is wroten in readme but that cargobay still isn´t working, if you have time please help.... thanks

(Weasels won´t eat you if you´ll help me :D)

I´m sorry, when doing problems, but i installed your mod as is wroten in readme but that cargobay still isn´t working, if you have time please help.... thanks

(Weasels won´t eat you if you´ll help me :D)

Read the post directly above your own post.

if you want to use the cargo bay someone updated the plugin to make this work:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=4437.255

(link is about 4 comments down on page 18)

Ive crammed a few things in that cargo bay, however the physics in .15 make it go a bit crazy on the way up, still tho this is an amazing mod and I hope this gets updated when 0.16 comes out

if you want to use the cargo bay someone updated the plugin to make this work:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=4437.255

(link is about 4 comments down on page 18)

Ive crammed a few things in that cargo bay, however the physics in .15 make it go a bit crazy on the way up, still tho this is an amazing mod and I hope this gets updated when 0.16 comes out

Yes, since the authors are not updating the mods i made that quick and dirty fix, it should work without many problems with the shuttle cargobay, at least it does for me.

Yes, since the authors are not updating the mods i made that quick and dirty fix, it should work without many problems with the shuttle cargobay, at least it does for me.

Thank you, Jesus! The only thing besides a spaceport for the Mun that I wanted in KSP was that cargo bay! :)

charonsstm1.png

Loved this mod ever since I downloaded it, even used it to make my first SSTO spaceplane (not to mention first spaceplane that actually WORKS). I\'ve just got one problem right now, and it\'s not the cargo bay: When ever I attach an engine to the tail RCS section for the mark 3 shuttle it doesn\'t work, but I\'ve seen a lot of screenshots of it working in this configuration. Do I just need to try reinstalling the parts, or is there some kind of voodoo magic that I\'m supposed to be using?

Loved this mod ever since I downloaded it, even used it to make my first SSTO spaceplane (not to mention first spaceplane that actually WORKS). I\'ve just got one problem right now, and it\'s not the cargo bay: When ever I attach an engine to the tail RCS section for the mark 3 shuttle it doesn\'t work, but I\'ve seen a lot of screenshots of it working in this configuration. Do I just need to try reinstalling the parts, or is there some kind of voodoo magic that I\'m supposed to be using?

If i remember correctly you need to attach a fuel line from the fuel tank to that tail RCS part, or something similar.

Yeah the fuel line simulates having 'main engines' that run off of the external tank, and not the onboard fuel (NASA shuttle\'s main engines had no onboard fuel, once the tank dropped those engines were done, and the Orbital engines did the rest.

Thus, the engine mount/RCS block does not pass fuel through it, so you must use an explicit fuel line to do so (adding a fuel line over-rides any config settings)

• 1 month later...

Should have the previous version back up soon. It works somewhat okay with 0.16.

The major update was mostly done back before 0.16. I need to sort out the project since I moved to my new PC, so that will take some time.

In the meantime, here is a swell tutorial video on building one of the shuttles, for those of you who happen to have the mod. Big thanks to dissen91191 for the video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmb7rMKqQ1w

Nice, I like that flatnosed tank, never thought about doing that.

I noticed you had some balance issues after jettisoning the tank - I think if you move those OMS pods "back" so that more sticks over the edge, it will apply a little less rotational force, and make it try to nose-down less.

Cool! Reasonably new player here!

I've been trying to build a nice authentic space shuttle all day with the stock parts, and this looks great! Going to be my first custom download!

EDIT: Eek. Download not available anymore. That's what I get for letting my excitement get ahead of me. Hope to see it back up soon then!

Edited by candlesayshi

New forum requirement that all mods have a legal license included in the distribution. This one is mostly mine, but there are a few C7 parts and 2 parts models made by Nova, so I couldn't just apply a license myself. Been working on getting Novapunch up again first since there was more demand.

This hasnt had an update in a while, I had a mostly done update ready but ran into some technical issues with .15 and higher, so it'll just take a little more work, and time is short at the moment.

Sooner, rather than later hopefully, and I will try to get the old version back up before then, even if its a bit out of date.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.