Kerbin City Community Project - Phase B - New Islands

nothke

I REALLY like the the new NYC WTC, and my modeling skills are mostly none existent so that's why some of the buildings look similar.

Also adding these files to your game data should (key word should) add them to your game. I have no idea what I'm doing so yeah, fingers crossed.

http://www./download/0w30b46iq292iys/CityBlock.zip

I modeled a hospital for Kerbin City. I don't own one of the blocks, but I put it in place to see how it looked. Still needs some polishing, but let me know what you think!

UFNhdoY.jpg

Amongst the other blocks...

YVBPrbH.jpg

Up close...

OKMpDwH.jpg

Overview (yes, it's shaped like an H so that it stands out)...

KTtEBOg.jpg

I'm planning on adding sidewalks, intrablock roads, and parking lots. Probably need to re-scale the doors as well.

Is anyone still interested in taking models for inclusion in the overall mod?

Looks awesome, though (if you can) maybe add a sort of trim around the edges, so its not just a box, id def like it in my city haha, especially as i have JustinS22's buildings in mine too; would like to flesh it out a bit until the official release is done :)

I would like to announce the first candidate for the Kerbol system railway standard track.

Basically, these are the dimensions my railways mod is going to use, probably.

Still yet to be fully tested, but thought you guys'd like to know, in case you want tracks for docks, factory sidings, or someone wants to think about doing the second station.

kdRiRmY.png

Technically, you can save about 0.55 meters of with on each side of the base, the bogie part will still fit, but there will be no room for kerbals to walk along the side.

Edited by Tw1

Good luck! You may have beaten me to some of the things I was hoping to do with the railway mod. I will be interested to see how you've done this, and if it shows better potential than the ideas I've been testing. Just wondering... you wouldn't happen to live in Sydney somewhere would you? With our city monorail being taken down an everything...
Yep, I live just west of the city, and travelled on the thing many many times, and that's 90 percent of the reason I want to make one for this project. I had little interest in monorails until they tore it down, so in reading all the articles and actually studying it, t caught my interest and really, it's perfect for this application. Now, actually getting it to work magnetically is proving funny, but will worry about that later, for now she moves on wheels. I will let you know how it goes, I had little time this week to even make mods, i am on vacation in like 3 days so trying to tie up loose ends here at work before I go.

I've just had a quick go at trying to emulate some of Bac9's style, and think that it looks like a motel or similar.

Does anyone think it's worthy of inclusion, or anything similar?

AJdKcfo.png

bOiMpDF.png

Nice motel, definitely worth including into the project! After seeing that, I might try to make the 'Kaddison Royal' Beach Resort and Spa! :D

All the development looks awesome guys, but a few pages back, Nothke said something about Build 2, now, I know he needed some time off, and he described that as "a few days", and, not meaning to be rude here, but, wouldn't that "few days" be up by now? Please don't let this mod go dead, as I feel it would be a great addon to the kerbal universe, and one of the few mods I can't live withought, Maybe I missed something or maybe Nothke is waiting for 0.22 to fix up the mod and update it to Build 2. I really enjoy playing with this mod, and I would hate to see it just left, abandoned on the forums. If anyone has answers, that would be great, but other than that, please don't abandon this mod.

All the development looks awesome guys, but a few pages back, Nothke said something about Build 2, now, I know he needed some time off, and he described that as "a few days", and, not meaning to be rude here, but, wouldn't that "few days" be up by now? Please don't let this mod go dead, as I feel it would be a great addon to the kerbal universe, and one of the few mods I can't live withought, Maybe I missed something or maybe Nothke is waiting for 0.22 to fix up the mod and update it to Build 2. I really enjoy playing with this mod, and I would hate to see it just left, abandoned on the forums. If anyone has answers, that would be great, but other than that, please don't abandon this mod.

Dont worry about it, Nothke is one dedicated sonofabitch, He's sure to be back soon

Dont worry about it, Nothke is one dedicated sonofabitch, He's sure to be back soon

Hmm.. I'll take that as a compliment xD

Hello people! I am back from real life troubles, and I'm back officially as a software engineering student!

So it's time to go through previous pages and see whats going on in detail. =) I've received a lot of PM's too that I overlooked, sorry about that, I will check them now.

Here's a little something from me: The terminal has got a redesign and a real roof =) Also the tunnel is dug and road placed, it will take some time to join up all the roads properly, it's still all a mess as you can see. I still need to design the lower floor of the terminal and put in all the little details. I don't garantee it will be completely finished in the next version.

drjYtsv.jpg

nTZMH9G.jpg

Edited by nothke