Kerbin City Community Project - Phase B - New Islands

nothke

As part of my application to help in the project I decided to try and make an oil rig, just for fun. This is just me blocking it out, but I won't have much time to work for today so I'll just post it here for now:

H7cxHgZ.png

As part of my application to help in the project I decided to try and make an oil rig, just for fun. This is just me blocking it out, but I won't have much time to work for today so I'll just post it here for now:

H7cxHgZ.png

Are you familiar with Sea Launch? You could change your oil rig into a Kerbalized version of that and it may fit in well with Kerbin City.

Are you familiar with Sea Launch? You could change your oil rig into a Kerbalized version of that and it may fit in well with Kerbin City.

Considering the KSC is already on the equator I'm not sure if it's useful, what do you think? I could make both, too, I think an oil rig would be great to fly around. I'm adding bridges, overhangs, and probably a challenging place to land on. we'll see.

Considering the KSC is already on the equator I'm not sure if it's useful, what do you think? I could make both, too, I think an oil rig would be great to fly around. I'm adding bridges, overhangs, and probably a challenging place to land on. we'll see.

I know that I'd be interested in using it off of the equator, likely in a high latitude location.

So I played around with that terrain generator you all talked about a bit before. JOZxY8E.jpg Nothing really impressive to be seen here, but its nice to play around with! I should really get back to my plot...

Neat, did you make that using the blender terrain generator then add it to the game like a building? Also, which sand texture are you using? I couldn't find the proper one from the game.

I used to create sand dunes for a track in rFactor game to simulate Dakar-like rally. It's actually quite easy to model the dunes by hand.

rFactor2013-01-1516-25-44-57_zpsa952c25c.jpg

dune_zps955c7937.jpg

it's hard to proceduralize them cause you need to be careful about vertexes and normals and move them horizontally too to get the curves, however I will be working in the future on a procedural dune system =)

Edited by nothke

I have been working on my monorail for phase B. hopefully some proof shots coming this weekend if I can get one lap of the circuit done. The initial circuit will be small and contained but eventually I would like to join the plots up.I decided against an entire track, instead making modular sections that can be built anywhere and any configuration. The monorail engine itself is currently electrically powered but not quite hovering the way I would like it and still there is a bit of contact between the car and the track.Once the test run is successful, I will add the external access control so you can board the monorail from an EVA scene. Razcheck has provided some great tutorials in his manual for this so I can't see it being too difficult. wish me luck.

I made a video that was centered around Kerbin City. Well it was mostly Kirrim... but still, IT HAD KERBIN CITY IN IT.

Holy crap. Felt like a really long video, but in a very, very good way. This needs to be on KSP Weekly. NOW.

Also, Cooly, could you put the car up for download? It seems like the perfect rover to explore KC in...much better than the quick one i built in my excitement.

Edited by Grijze Pilion

I have been working on my monorail for phase B. hopefully some proof shots coming this weekend if I can get one lap of the circuit done.

-snip-

Razcheck has provided some great tutorials in his manual for this so I can't see it being too difficult. wish me luck.

Good luck!

You may have beaten me to some of the things I was hoping to do with the railway mod. I will be interested to see how you've done this, and if it shows better potential than the ideas I've been testing.

Just wondering... you wouldn't happen to live in Sydney somewhere would you? With our city monorail being taken down an everything...