[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

it's not just the fairings that are causing issues; a large number of the fuel tanks are also having problems and cause the game to crash if i place them radially.

EDIT: i think it's something to do with node placement; i just caused the same thing to happen with a B9 part while trying to make it work at the proper size.

Edited by Nuclear Arbitor

@JethroREading

Hi!

Awesome mod, one of the best in my opinion. But I've been having an irritating issue with the mod on 0.24.2 with DMagic Orbital Science installed (although that doesn't seem to be the issues.

A picture is here:

http://imgur.com/cNVzXIB

Thanks in advance for any help!

It used to do something really similar to me when I was running out of memory ,get Active Texture Management and you should be fine

Edited by edemlama

edemlama: KSP Windows x64 is very unstable, and for most people with modded installs causes more harm than good. If you're one of the lucky ones, great, but I wouldn't recommend recommending it.

no I'm running ksp on OSX, did not know KSP x64 was so buggy I was actually hoping for a x64 bit osx version, sorry about that I revised my previous post

I need a little bit of help. I just resumed KSP playing, did a clean install of .24.2, and downloaded a fresh set of all mods this past weekend. I have installed KW 2.6c. Now every single engine when selected in the VAB has an engine shroud/fairing around it. The shroud exists before the engine is attached to the rocket, and before there is any kind of decoupler attached. These shrouds are also permanently attached. They don't separate during staging or any other time.

I've read through the past 20 pages of this thread, and it looks like some were having this issue, but I can't seem to find a fix or what I need to do to correct the issue. Any advice?

I need a little bit of help. I just resumed KSP playing, did a clean install of .24.2, and downloaded a fresh set of all mods this past weekend. I have installed KW 2.6c. Now every single engine when selected in the VAB has an engine shroud/fairing around it. The shroud exists before the engine is attached to the rocket, and before there is any kind of decoupler attached. These shrouds are also permanently attached. They don't separate during staging or any other time.

I've read through the past 20 pages of this thread, and it looks like some were having this issue, but I can't seem to find a fix or what I need to do to correct the issue. Any advice?

Yea, that's what I've been dealing with but I never bothered to really figure it out. Instead I've just been using Procedural Fairings interstage for an engine shroud, which works very well and actually adds weight. I also modified it to be a decoupler

@PART[KzInterstageAdapter2]
{
fx_gasBurst_white = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, decouple
sound_decoupler_fire = decouple

@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]
{
@ejectionForce = 250
@explosiveNodeID = top
@isTweakable = True
}
}

Having same issue, but only with stock engines. Running x64.

Update: Not an KW problem. Problem remains without KW installed. At this point I cant find a way for shrouds to not show at all. Including removing info from part file.

Edited by Hexaphobia

I don't know if this has been already mentioned or if it's just me, but the 1.25m interstate decoupler doesn't decouple

You might be attaching it wrong. The top node of the Interstage needs to lock into the second top node of the engine in the upper stage. The lower stage then goes into one of the two lower attachment points of the interstage.

It will not work if the lower node of the engine in the upper stage locks into the lower nodes of the interstage, since the top one is the only one that decouples.

Also, this only works with KW-Rocketry Engines. But I have posted a MM patch to make the interstage work with the stock engines a few pages back.

You might be attaching it wrong. The top node of the Interstage needs to lock into the second top node of the engine in the upper stage. The lower stage then goes into one of the two lower attachment points of the interstage.

It will not work if the lower node of the engine in the upper stage locks into the lower nodes of the interstage, since the top one is the only one that decouples.

Also, this only works with KW-Rocketry Engines. But I have posted a MM patch to make the interstage work with the stock engines a few pages back.

I was using a stock engine, that's probably why. I'll look for your patch.

I'm having some trouble with assembling the petal adapter. I can't seem to fit my lander into the proper node so it will decouple on the second button. I always either seem to get it in too low, so it gets stuck, or too high so it decouples with the CSM.

I've tried building the lander first, then the CSM on top of it, to get the petal adapter to lock low enough (otherwise it just tries to attach to my CSM's engine and decouples everything on the first button.

Can we get some assistance with the nodes on the petal adapter? It doesn't seem to be very clear where the attachment points are, which makes it hard to debug a launcher in VAB. I've wasted too many funds on test vehicles so far.

I've figured this out so far. My problem stems from the lack of visible nodes on the petal adapter, I find it very difficult to tell where each part is going. I finally got it to work, but I had to build the lander as the root part, which does give me some headaches if I forget that fact before a launch.

That graphic should really be included on the OP, btw.

Yea, that's what I've been dealing with but I never bothered to really figure it out. Instead I've just been using Procedural Fairings interstage for an engine shroud, which works very well and actually adds weight. I also modified it to be a decoupler

@PART[KzInterstageAdapter2]
{
fx_gasBurst_white = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, decouple
sound_decoupler_fire = decouple

@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]
{
@ejectionForce = 250
@explosiveNodeID = top
@isTweakable = True
}
}

After a great deal of testing, I've isolated this problem. It took me forever, because I never thought to look for the issue with simply a graphics touch-up mod.

The problem is caused by KSPRC (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/76972-0-23-5-KSPRC-Renaissance-Compilation-artworks-remake-V-0-1-514-HOTFIX-19-4-14). Specifically, something in the Cool Rockets folder of the KSPRC is what is creating the issue. I'm guessing it hasn't been updated properly for .24.2. KSPRC puts a separate "Cool Rockets" folder under Game Data, and the Cool Rockets mod is now under "Klockheed_Martian_CoolRockets."

Simply deleting the KSPRC-created "Cool Rockets" folder seems to address the issue.

Is there a way to allow the SRBs to continue having an exhaust effect below a certain thrust percentage? I'm trying to set up a thrust curve with Engine Thrust Control addon, and I've had to bring the small sized inline thor SRB's max thrust down to 1800 so that the effects don't cut out abruptly (the nozzle still produces thrust)